YesNoOk

Character Ideas (Read 2396 times)

Started by AMultiverseAuthor, February 24, 2018, 08:53:30 am
Character Ideas
New #1  February 24, 2018, 08:53:30 am
    • USA
POTS Style edits

So for the past few weeks, I've been contemplating on making my own characters done in POTS style, and with the help of Memo's POTS template, I'm certain it can be done. These are the characters I have in mind.

Valentine (Skullgirls): Since Valentine is my main in the source game (I also main Filia and Ms. Fortune), and knowing how she plays like the back of my hand, I'm confident that my POTS styled Valentine will be decent or updated to perfection with the feedback/criticism I get to make it better. POTS style doesn't include air combos or any of the flashier stuff from Arc System Works. SennouRoom gave us morale boost that if he can make Hi-Res characters in this style, others will be able to follow suit

Gwendolyn (Odin Sphere): I can sadly dream for this one. I WOULD make a Gwendolyn right now but the rips I've seen on Spriter's Resource are all broken down into tiny bits you have to put together like LEGOS in GIMP or Photoshop, and that would be extremely time-consuming to do instead of normally cropping sprites from a sheet and aligning them in an SFF file. Makes me wish Vanillaware didn't have their sprites multi-jointed :/

Weiss Schnee and Yang Xiao Long: These two are my favorites from Team RWBY. I'll just wait for BB Cross Tag Battle to come out so someone can rip the sprites

Senna (Big Bang Beat): A POTS styled version of Senna from BBB. She's gonna have an english voice like Kohaku's version because her Japanese voice is annoying and her gethit sounds give me hentai rape vibes SMH. And considering the source game being a 3 button fighter, I'll have to make her a 3 button character like SennouRoom's Ako (with extra buttons for dodging, and power charging which his Ako also has) Race Akira's Rouga has six buttons but I'm not sure if he was able to find the right normals to give him six buttons, or had someone draw custom sprites for it. 

Blaze Fielding: Using the sprites made by Cap_Rock of course. I didn't like Zero-Sennin's version because it lacks chain combos (I hate target combos), and I didn't bother with ShinRei's version because his CVSU edits are hit and miss.

Captain Commando: If someone else doesn't give him the POTS treatment I'll consider this one too. Will use the SFF file for Warusaki3's version

Others:

KOS-MOS (Xenosaga): My KOS-MOS will use her sprites from Project X Zone and its sequel. And her gameplay will be D-Cat Turtle inspired. I didn't align the sprites in an SFF file yet, because I've been working on sprite edits of her during my spare time to make her a 6 button character.

Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu: Will also use their Project X Zone sprites, with D-Cat inspired gameplay.

Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 08:57:17 am by EndlessDream