YesNoOk

you win the lotto..then what? (Read 14284 times)

Started by Memo, January 24, 2018, 12:17:09 am
Share this topic:
you win the lotto..then what?
#1  January 24, 2018, 12:17:09 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Lets say you win big time 900,000,000.00 then what?
Will you blown it in 2 years on fancy mansion's, cars
bling, hookers and drugs? Try to live of it in investments?

Me personally I would invest in some good stocks, try to
flip it and create my own company and I would also
purchase myself a building and turn it into a mugen dev
center and fly out some of you guys out there and put
you on a payroll so we can link up and create some dope
shit for mugen and whatever else we decide to do lol.

Theres alot of talent here, coders, artist, graphic designers,
music producers, voice actors..damn lets make something!

What about you?
Re: you win the lotto..then what?
#2  January 24, 2018, 12:37:55 am
  • Raging Fist
If I happen to win big, first things first is that I will get my life in order, a portion of my money will go to every family member whom has played a positive role in my life, and save the rest for later investments....maybe have a moment or two for binge on like traveling to Japan and other fun stuff heh.
#3  January 24, 2018, 12:41:10 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Keep it in the bank, live off the interest

My goal has always been to live comfortably within my means and big houses and multiple vehicles wouldn't add anything to that
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#4  January 24, 2018, 12:53:16 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Keep it in the bank, live off the interest

My goal has always been to live comfortably within my means and big houses and multiple vehicles wouldn't add anything to that

I always say the same, ill just live off simple I dont need fancy stuff to be happy.
Living comfy with no worries.
#5  January 24, 2018, 02:16:54 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Only certain family members I trust I'd tell.  Friends are iffy, though.  I'd make sure things are paid off, such as bills.

After things are settled and comfortable, luxuries come in, but nothing major.  No need for fancy cars or mansions.  Just a simple single story, maybe 2 story house for me, my mother, aunt and uncle.

And of course, investments.  Gotta make sure money is no longer a concern.

And charities, of course.
#6  January 24, 2018, 02:32:45 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I'd pay off the house and invest the rest in my company.
#7  January 24, 2018, 02:56:06 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
I would ask for my winnings to be under the radar or disclosed, take care of my finances and debt issues, supply ONLY my most trustworthy of family members, and invest in something live-changing for those less fortunate than myself. The rest would be saved because I already satisfied with living my life in this manner.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#8  January 24, 2018, 03:07:05 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Hire people to finish Pirates of Dark, Dungeons and Dragons, RG Veda and Mugen/Openbor Projects.

Continue X-Men Evolution anime.

Buy a condo unit and go on vacation.

Do business with Nekoconeko. I'll set up a pc gaming rental place with a coffee/milk tea shop on the side.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#9  January 24, 2018, 05:11:20 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I´ll probably be dead like a day after (seriously)

But if not! Just pay what I owe and then... Don´t know, i have a decent life despite the lack of money so no idea what to do with it.
#10  January 24, 2018, 11:24:09 am
i'd probably put it on stocks, i'm quite satisfied with my life financially that is.  most of our few existing family members doesn't have any money problems. i don't really have an idea what to do with that kind of money , i'd just go around and help some people or buy a compound build a houses and give it away to someone who needs them.
#11  January 24, 2018, 12:55:54 pm
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
I think about this daily. I would immediately drop everything and live the rest of my life without a care. And buy more Chaos Dwarfs.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#12  January 24, 2018, 01:21:59 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The rational choice is to save the money or invest in stocks, real state or a small business.

When faced with the euphoria of winning the lottery and having seemingly endless cash at their disposal most people lose all rationality. Even people who could think clearly before winning waste their wealth in stupid shit. Lotto winners who don't end back in square one (if not dead or broken) a few year later are a statistical anomaly.
#13  January 24, 2018, 01:56:00 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
I will try making a company and some sort of academy,Trying 1v1 with Microsoft and apple is my dream
and will probably make Mugen great again
Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 02:04:58 pm by mete122
#14  January 24, 2018, 02:01:19 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Buy an island then make it an independent city-state.
#15  January 24, 2018, 04:12:13 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'll never travel economy class again.  :toffgoi:

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#16  January 24, 2018, 04:21:09 pm
bitcoin
#17  January 24, 2018, 05:04:09 pm
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
I definetely would do the same that this dude :D

#18  January 25, 2018, 12:10:41 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I'll use it to fund my boardgame project and source the best horsehide from japan and italy, brought in container full of riri zippers in gunmetal grey, invest in partnership in this leather tailor company by upgrading their machinery since I hate managing a company, and then use their service to produce and ship out made to order jackets of my design. 
then I can make enough money to buy a land to plant trees & shelter abandoned pets in my neighborhood, so hopefully by the time I die I earn good enough karma to outweigh my leather jacket ambition and enough trees to replace ones chopped to supply me with drawing paper throughout my life. 
#19  January 25, 2018, 08:43:55 am
that's a good plan. i like dogs  myself. that would be a great hobby.
#20  January 25, 2018, 03:42:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The rational choice is to save the money or invest in stocks, real state or a small business.

When faced with the euphoria of winning the lottery and having seemingly endless cash at their disposal most people lose all rationality. Even people who could think clearly before winning waste their wealth in stupid shit. Lotto winners who don't end back in square one (if not dead or broken) a few year later are a statistical anomaly.

From what I have read it is 60/40 ; but then again, it depends on how much money is it considered "winning the lotto" as I and my family have won the lotto hundreds of times but it's hardly amounted to one month of salary 2 or 3 times then all the other times it's much less money.
#21  January 25, 2018, 07:07:04 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

From what I have read it is 60/40 ; but then again, it depends on how much money is it considered "winning the lotto" as I and my family have won the lotto hundreds of times but it's hardly amounted to one month of salary 2 or 3 times then all the other times it's much less money.

My mother won the local lotto a couple of times too, but I was talking about high profile winners.

Like, the current Powerball jackpot is 92 million dollars and it's likely to grow much larger before anyone actually wins it. I really don't believe whoever wins it will be able to keep a cool head about it.
#22  January 25, 2018, 10:09:13 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Even tho I'd be comfortable living in an apt building paying rent
till I die I would buy me a a nice big yatch and sail that bitch around
the coast, It would have a bar, stripper pole, dance floor, arcade/bowling
alley and a nice BBQ area for the homies lol
#23  January 26, 2018, 12:00:32 am
i will create a new "lotto" using the money i won and live out of the gains of if xD how come no one ever did this                     
#24  January 26, 2018, 12:58:36 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
i will create a new "lotto" using the money i won and live out of the gains of if xD how come no one ever did this                     

It probably cost ALOT more than the winnings lol and it
probably has something to do with the state and regulations.
Good idea tho.
#25  January 26, 2018, 01:12:51 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
I would keep my winning a secrecy. Then i would invest in something so i wont go back to being broke. Other than that i would live my life normally and i would still keep my job like a smart person. More income the better.
#26  January 26, 2018, 04:28:49 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico

My mother won the local lotto a couple of times too, but I was talking about high profile winners.

Like, the current Powerball jackpot is 92 million dollars and it's likely to grow much larger before anyone actually wins it. I really don't believe whoever wins it will be able to keep a cool head about it.

There's not a very clear line unless you mean only that lotto that only has first place winner and a lto of times not even that so a lot of money accumulates; there area lot of hundreds thosuandand even tens of thousands  lotto winners, that just pay their debts, travel a bit, buy a house/car, the save the rest of the money, while not even quitting their day job, with the most adventurous ones starting a busines of their own.
Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 04:39:25 am by Bastard Mami
#27  January 27, 2018, 11:09:49 am
i would probably divide 50 mils or more to my poor relatives and family.
900 milion is alot of money. so i will retire from work, and live the rest of my life with someone who loves me in a nice country like france or italy.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#28  January 27, 2018, 11:27:33 pm
  • The Red-Eyed Wonder
Probably disappear, or at least try to. A lot of rotten people tend to come out of the woodwork when someone gets money. There's no sense in allowing things like that to come to pass.

I'd pay my dues and get the hell out as soon as I possibly could. Probably move to some state nobody give a shit about, buy a small house (maybe with some bit of land), and spend the rest of my days there.
This thread is producing a shitload of bad grammar, at this rate it'll be a disease.
#29  January 28, 2018, 04:48:59 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
What will I do with a billion dollars that (figuratively) suddenly appeared in front of me?

Well, first of all, I will keep it a secret while I get all of financial affairs straight. Taxes, debts, etc.

Then I will by myself a secret house with a secret car in someplace secret so no one will bother me in terms of financial matters.

Then I will become very wealthy secret investor.

Then, I will disappear. Never to be seen again except to pay to make MUGEN great once more, to be a patron and commissioner of the music and the arts (except for modern arts. Those can die in a fire), or to shitpost while sitting on a pile of Fuck You money.

You see, this is sometimes why I envy wealthy people like Notch. He has all of the money in the world with no strings attached, so he is untouchable to all who are his enemies.

I might expand on this a bit more when I have more time and thought.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#30  January 28, 2018, 05:16:17 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
Blow it all on cool toys and shit.
Spriting is harder than I thought.
#31  February 04, 2018, 01:27:17 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Put it in the bank and pretend it never happened.