YesNoOk

Yusuke Urameshi -Thanewdude07 & ????? looking for new coder! Back from the dead! (Read 161140 times)

Started by thanewdude07, May 17, 2012, 05:44:51 am
Share this topic:
Yusuke Urameshi -Thanewdude07 & ????? looking for new coder! Back from the dead!
#1  May 17, 2012, 05:44:51 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
    • thanewdude07.deviantart.com/
Yes! We are team! This character will be AWESOME!
[preview]http://www.justnopoint.com/lithues/shots/yus000.png[/preview]

So lets get into the basics!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
That's Pretty much it from me I will let Rajaa post up everything I forgot! Here are some screenshots!

Really There is a good amount of stuff I left out but I will let Rajaa handle telling you guys the rest!

UPDATE Here is the First Beta Video!

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

Check out my youtube for more fun stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamSpamBustah?feature=guide
Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:12:17 pm by thanewdude07
Re: Yusuke Uraimeshi -Rajaa & Thanewdude07
#2  May 17, 2012, 06:47:22 am
    • Thailand
The gameplay is pretty much going to be Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat gameplay because we wanted something simple.

The following mechanics will be through a configuration file so people can choose.

This will include:
EX Specials
Power Charge
Dodge / Horizontal Dodge
Parry / Shield
Alpha Counter
Chain Combos (with strict limitations)

The following are things that are unique to Yusuke and they will make the character more interesting than your average character with the above mechanics!

- Chargeable Spirit Gun with Megaman-ish capailities
- Releasing of Spirit Cuffs which will speed Yusuke up for a brief period of time
- He will be compatible with GokuZ2
- He will have a training mode option with Genkai because Thanewdude wants to copy Cybaster and Balthazar! ::)
- He will have special eggs that are undisclosed for the moment, so keep your eyes peeled for progress!

We are open to bizarre suggestions for intros and win poses and silly stuff like that!

For those people who want to make palettes. Here is the palette:

*Some colors for the skin are scarcely used FOR NOW, but you should be mindful of them anyway!
#3  May 17, 2012, 07:10:07 am
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
He was playing around about the "mortal kombat" part  --;

More stuff Get ready for the best yusuke ever!! http://thanewdude07.deviantart.com/

#4  May 17, 2012, 09:27:13 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Can't wait for more news [size=4pt]You spelt his last name wrong there is no i after the a[/size]
Jump Ultimate Star palette.
Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:48:12 am by Black Egrets Leader
#5  May 17, 2012, 09:40:30 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
followed!
this team smells epicness

can't wait to see some sprites in motions
#6  May 17, 2012, 09:55:17 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
He was playing around about the "mortal kombat" part  --;
That's what I was about to ask.

Having never watched or read Yuyu Hakusho, I unfortunately cannot help you with new moves or specials intros.
A special intro VS Goku Z2 would be nice though, to show that they're compatible and all. If somebody has ideas... :)

Good luck, future keeper for sure.
#7  May 17, 2012, 10:13:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Since you're looking for suggestions, for v.s.-ing any "demon" related enemies (Akuma, Morrigan, Jin, ect.), have Botan alert Yusuke of the enemy and the demonic presence they're giving.  Followed by, of course, Yusuke taunting them that he's a Spirit Detective, and will beat them down.

As per intro to the DBZ Z2 family, if I recall correctly, either Yusuke or Keiko reads Shonen manga?  In which case, the DBZ Z2 character can do their usual intro, with Yusuke reading through an issue of Shonen Jump, looks up at the enemy, then remarks how he thought they looked familiar.

Of course, these intros will only do if there is proper audio for it, which I'm not sure....
#8  May 17, 2012, 10:54:19 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
I like whe this is going :)

GOH

#9  May 17, 2012, 11:36:33 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
What the heck are "special eggs"?

Or do you mean easter eggs or something of the sort?
#10  May 17, 2012, 11:42:24 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
You must have missed that part in the YuYu manga where he is actually laying eggs in that one volume  ::)
Kidding!
Yes I am definitely following this, I've had my fingers in this soup for a bit already, so... XD
I'm also an unofficial member of the team ;)

GOH

#11  May 17, 2012, 11:43:54 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#12  May 17, 2012, 12:03:19 pm
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Speaking of eggs, Puu should come in and sit on Yusuke's head and bug him for one of Yusuke's win poses.
#13  May 17, 2012, 12:44:30 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
You must have missed that part in the YuYu manga where he is actually laying eggs in that one volume  ::)
Kidding!
Yes I am definitely following this, I've had my fingers in this soup for a bit already, so... XD

The same goes for me as well.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
Re: Yusuke Urameshi -Rajaa & Thanewdude07
#14  May 17, 2012, 03:59:35 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
I should tell you the intros i have planed for yusuke so far.

1. Yusuke is balancing on a spike while genkai is yelling at him telling him he is doing it all  wrong. He blast him self off then try's to shot her. She dodges and runs off screen. Yusuke lands and says "damn old hag"

2. Yusuke and keiko yukimura Are standing together and they both point at the opponent and say "Bang!" Then keiko runs off screen.

Win pose

1. Puu flys out and lands on yusuke's head.

2.Yusuke falls down and puu runs and brings him water.

That's pretty much all I have right now. I would love to hear everyone ideas!

Speaking of eggs, Puu should come in and sit on Yusuke's head and bug him for one of Yusuke's win poses.

Yes! Exactly what I was thinking  ;)

Since you're looking for suggestions, for v.s.-ing any "demon" related enemies (Akuma, Morrigan, Jin, ect.), have Botan alert Yusuke of the enemy and the demonic presence they're giving.  Followed by, of course, Yusuke taunting them that he's a Spirit Detective, and will beat them down.

As per intro to the DBZ Z2 family, if I recall correctly, either Yusuke or Keiko reads Shonen manga?  In which case, the DBZ Z2 character can do their usual intro, with Yusuke reading through an issue of Shonen Jump, looks up at the enemy, then remarks how he thought they looked familiar.

Of course, these intros will only do if there is proper audio for it, which I'm not sure....

Yes We should do something with botan! Of course we are gonna do something her! The demon idea botan sensing a demonic presence is a great idea! that just got added to the list of intros! ;)

Kidding!

The same goes for me as well.

Thank's a lot both you guys already helped me a bunch! :sugoi:

Balthazar pretty much been helping me out sense  I started.

@Wizzy- I look forward to working with you more!

Also i am thinking about giving him a arcade story as well. So far i am thinking the story would be strong fighters broke through the dimension and yusuke and botan have to go remove them from his dimension. Or something like that! I could help with that part as well!

Keep the pallets coming I want to see a bunch of awesome pallets!   

#15  May 17, 2012, 04:44:44 pm
    • Japan
Mr. Ryo

Too bad hair is not separated

Btw. Why did you separated eyes?

Btw2. I would take closer look at this part:
#16  May 17, 2012, 04:53:35 pm
    • Thailand
I didn't want to say "Easter" so I just said special eggs! ;D

If you want me to separate the hair from the belt, I can do that, Jay. It's just flood fill on 500 or so sprites. Would take less than 20 minutes. ;)

Also, for people who are wondering. We are possibly changing the hitsparks and supercharge effects in the future. It's not gonna be just another "Rajaa" character. :P

Also, since it's easy to do, all palettes will be included and configurable. So none will go to waste.
#17  May 17, 2012, 04:56:06 pm
  • Yu Yu hakusho spriter
    • USA
Mr. Ryo

Too bad hair is not separated

Btw. Why did you separated eyes?

Btw2. I would take closer look at this part:

Thanks!

When i started this char it was like....uh 2009 and my skills have grown over time so somethings that look off its most likely because of that.

Yeah i dont know why I didn't think of that when started spriting this guy. I plan on doing all of the arms over in the newer shading style. I have like 200 + sprites now and i dont feel like doing them all over until I finished the character.

I should try to separate the hair as well..Its not to late for that i mean its only one color when i get some free time I will start doing that.

Thanks for the pallet! Saved! ;)

Edit: Rajaa got this one! nvm!

#18  May 17, 2012, 05:36:41 pm
    • Thailand
I uploaded the palette template with the hair separated. I didn't actually separate all of the sprites yet, but that's what the palette will look like when I do. Check the second post. I aready updated the submitted palettes, too.
Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:48:33 pm by Rajaa
#19  May 17, 2012, 05:51:58 pm
finally finally FINALLY!!!!!!! another good anime character getting in mugen. just like cyberblast and balthazar's gokuz2.
i have very high hopes for this yuskue...we might not have to worry about that cvs kyo edit that was badly sprited and horibble sounds. i honor you guys with this project and good luck  :)

DW

#20  May 17, 2012, 05:54:55 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Very nice sprite work here. And with Rajaa on the coding scheme, Yusuke will be great. Looking forward to him. Why when I saw the hitspark with Yusuke kicking Goku, I thought of Kirby? LOL, awesome collaboration guys. This is what makes MUGEN great.  :)