YesNoOk

Those video games you love & hate at the same time (Read 12244 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, December 14, 2014, 02:11:19 am
Share this topic:
Re: Those video games you love & hate at the same time
#41  December 15, 2014, 03:03:10 am
  • For honor!
How.  If you're still talking soundtracks, almost everything from Melee is in 4 except for like 4 songs.  You like LESS music?
Though some of them like DK Rap were cut and butchered to be under 3 minutes.
Iroha stripped for me
#42  December 15, 2014, 03:07:53 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Awwwww... It's not in? I liked Melee's DK 64 rap...
#43  December 15, 2014, 03:09:17 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Have you even played SMash 4, cause your posts make it seem like you haven't.
#44  December 15, 2014, 03:09:38 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
how did you interpret that to mean its not in
#45  December 15, 2014, 03:33:33 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
#46  January 02, 2015, 02:56:17 am
  • Your sweet baby brother
  • Young, dumb, and full of...you know ;)
    • USA
    • dcastaneda2011@yahoo.com
Demon's Souls and Dark Souls: Enough said.
#47  January 02, 2015, 03:39:20 am
  • For honor!
Super Smash Bros Brawl
-------------------------------
I've had to relive the disappointment because my youngest brother visiting over the holidays only plays Snake and prefers vanilla Brawl to project m and brawl minus. This game is such a god damn letdown through 3 major design fuck-ups that I had to re-experience.

1: Random pratfalling: Nobody likes this. It is a horrible, horrible design idea. Did the developers really think making an annoying little bugger slap the controller out of your hands on random occasions into a gameplay mechanic was a good idea?

2: The ability to act out of hitstun: How do you top a mechanic in which control over your character halts at random? How about the worst possible idea in a game that's centered around hitting people? It royally screws over many characters like Shiek and Captain Falcon because they are unsafe on hitting an opponent. Like, to give you an idea as to how bad it is I countered the second part of Snake's A combo with Rest. Yes. I no-sold hit one and punished an attempt to land hit 2 with fucking rest.

3: Floaty as hell air velocities with high land lag on almost anything: How am I supposed to Captain Falcon or Jigglypuff when the opponent has forever to recover (Which can be done at any time due to acting during hitstun) before I can continue their aerial assaults or try to continue the pressure after landing an aerial attack? It feels like every character is SS5SP Mizuki when they jump and Peach's jumping just feels like...I can't even describe.

It's a letdown on many levels but it deserves to exist because the lack of Mewtwo aside it has the best roster in the series and the stage builder botch lets me enjoy its really good mods (Including that project M one that fixes the lack of Mewtwo and well everything).
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:43:52 am by Alpaca-San
#48  January 02, 2015, 03:48:59 am
  • Prince of Latis
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Canada
    • Skype - Whiplash-1
Alpaca-san I've never ever made this kind of posts because I agree with every single thing you just said.

I got all the trophies in that game too, though it was before I realised how truly awful it was.

I play as Ganondorf In melee (Also P:M and Smash 4), but he was nerfed SO HARD in Brawl for what seems like no reason, to the point of complete unplayability.
#49  January 25, 2015, 10:16:55 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Total War: Rome

I love it when my empire grows and I do some epic battles, but I hate it when all hell gets let loose. Revolts, betrayal, surprise enemy attacks, reinforcements :qq:
#50  January 25, 2015, 10:45:02 am
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

It's not a bad game, I must admit. I like the gameplay, visuals, music and that's pretty much it. But I dislike the game for its unbelievably bad balance, bad level design (especially most of the Micaiah's maps), lack of character developments. Not to mention the plot is pretty bad as well.
#51  February 27, 2015, 09:28:14 pm
    • USA
Jet Force Gemini- Blasting at giant insects: Fun. Having to fuss with the targeting controls just to do so: Absolutely disgusting.

Strider (NES)- I love that it focuses more on the manga's storyline, but that doesn't really make up for the lousy precision-based wall-jump mechanic and repetitive battles with the Demon Weapons or whatever they're called. Also, Matic can go gnaw on a two-foot monster.
#52  February 28, 2015, 07:10:46 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
lol yeah I can say the same about Strider NES too....it was like some form of guilty pleasure for....I knew it was pretty bad compared to the arcade and genesis one but I still played it. music was a bit catchey
#53  March 07, 2015, 05:03:18 pm
    • USA
Section Z (NES)- When you make it so far into the game and your energy is down to zero and you lose a life and END UP HAVING TO START ALL THE WAY FROM THE FUCKING BEGINNING. If that's not a major screw-over, I don't know what is.
#54  March 08, 2015, 03:25:21 am
    • USA
LOL......yeah I remember that painful Capcom classic
#55  March 08, 2015, 03:34:17 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Section Z (NES)- When you make it so far into the game and your energy is down to zero and you lose a life and END UP HAVING TO START ALL THE WAY FROM THE FUCKING BEGINNING. If that's not a major screw-over, I don't know what is.

Sounds like a job for savestates.
#56  March 08, 2015, 04:22:03 am
    • USA
Alien Isolation:

I love the game for what it is but I HATE that damn Alien when it comes around.....so annoying and relentless. I like the intensity of trying to stay away from detection and all but that bastard is just too damn smart on zeroing in on you where you are at actually. It has super senses I know but god damn they could have toned that down a bit more smh.

Overall I like the game though. Its going to take me a while to end it because of that damn stalking Alien.
#57  March 08, 2015, 10:23:46 pm
  • pls step on me senpai
    • USA
    • Skype - Baryonyx Mono
    • http://baryonyxmono.tumblr.com/
Zoo Tycoon 2

it's fun as hell to make zoos but then your guests are whining about not being "amused" because you didn't build 87 billion statues or fountains

okay first of all i don't go to a god damn zoo to see statues i go to a zoo to see real fucking animals. second, you're at a zoo with FUCKING DINOSAURS. LIVING, BREATHING, EATING, SHITTING DINOSAURS. HOW IS THAT NOT AMUSING.
#58  May 29, 2015, 09:47:42 pm
    • USA
Sonic Generations

Playing 3D versions of classic Sonic stages is pretty cool, but Sega pretty much dropped the ball by not including enough of them and opting to include levels from his less-than-stellar last-gen entries.
#59  May 29, 2015, 10:45:28 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
That, and too many of the stages were similar. (Did we really need Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp? I mean, we could just buy Unleashed and Colors for most of the consoles Generations was on...) There wasn't even any Game Gear stuff...
#60  May 30, 2015, 02:14:18 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Final Fight: Streetwise
I've to admit it, this is my guilty pleasure so far. Even when the gameplay is repetitive, the final stages a la Resident Evil (which is shit BTW) and the graphics PSX-like, I love the story, Kyle and the original trio is kickass, the Arcade Mode is sick to play with friends and it reminds me a lot  of Yakuza games. And also the cameos from past FF and SF's Cammy makes this game gold to me. At the point to buy a copy to eBay of Xbox version to be played in my Xbox 360 (one of retrocompatible games this console has)

DmC: Devil May Cry
I became a fan of DMC series since a time ago, but I disliked the new look, story and reboot of Dante & co., but the free beta of this game changed my opinion, the gameplay is so sick as the rest of the saga and in the end covinces me to get a copy. And also I got HD Collection and DMC4, so with DmC finally I got the complete series :thumbsup:

Dead Rising 1
I love this game and finally I could get a copy of it. It's just like I wished of this game and it has a lot of fun crushing zombies and changing clothes :beatnik: but the missions are hard as hell and the time is very few to get them all, not to mention if you don't save in certain points of history, you can get back to the beginning. Oh, and don't let some of characters got killed, oh no... then f*ck you with the mission and start all over again from the very begining. Sorry, I love this game, but those things are the reason I don't play it very much...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X