YesNoOk

Capcom vs. The World - August Release (New Patch 8/18!) (Read 145367 times)

Started by Sean Altly, August 13, 2013, 10:29:18 am
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. The World - August Release
#41  August 15, 2013, 12:44:27 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It puts everyone into a stunned state though, allowing you to grab them afterwards. Not everyone had sprites for getting turned around, and the workaround anim I tried looked ugly, so instead everyone has a special animation for being stunned by the chop so they can be grabbed or combo'd afterwards.
GM's Alex I thought did a pretty good job implementing a universal turnaround animation, and you can have the hit character use their turn around animation (because this is a fullgame environment and you can control things). It's not exactly vital but I think it's important enough for Alex to have.

- Additionally, heavy Flash Chop has too much corner push. I don't think so, but I'll look into it.
There's way more pushback compared to doing it away from a corner.

- I think the axe tossed for normal Axe Toss would look much better if the axe's axis of rotation were closer to the center of the handle (perhaps not exactly the center, like the Golden Armor version, but a bit lower? I'm not sure what would look best)That's how it is in MVC3, it's for making it difficult to jump over.
I see. Still, if the axis was moved up just a tiny bit, I think it would look a lot better, and it wouldn't really compromise its use as a jump deterrent.

Heavy and EX Rising Blade whiff the second hit on Jin Saotome, and also Megaman, Arthur, and Cacutar but they're short so  it's not really an issue I guess? Yeah, I've had similar problems with other moves due to their height, not sure what to do about it other than making their clsns bigger, but I don't know if that's fair or not. Hrrm.
Maybe the first hit could always launch P2 into the air, so the other hits would connect. It would neatly sidestep the clsn issue, at least.

Captain America:
- Advancing Guard FX clashes with the rest of the in-game FX. Yeah, but I don't think it's that jarring.
Well, everything else is all fancy and hi-res, so it just feels a bit out of place, personally.

- charge moves occasionally feel a bit stiff. A buffer system using two variables for each charge direction (instead of MUGEN's inbuilt charge system) would alleviate these problems. There are also other bugs with the in-built charge system but I don't remember what exactly they were; but suffice it to say, it's much better to handle charge moves with variables. Applies to everyone with charge moves. I don't really have any problems with the way they feel now. It's a preference thing, I guess.
There is an actual bug involved with the inbuilt one; you can charge any direction, then input the command, and it will come out. For instance, using Charlie, one could hold forward, then quickly push back, forward, and punch and come out with a Sonic Boom.

- IMO, I think Sonic Break should be one of the level 1 supers, replacing Crossfire Blitz. I like Crossfire Blitz, personally.
So do I, but I like Sonic Break more. Crossfire Blitz could always be the level 3, I guess.

Chun-Li:
- close HK and her air throw seem like odd omissions. As does the super jump cancel on the last hit of Hoyokusen I believe close HK was used as her launcher (if not, I'm not familiar with what attack you're referring to), the air throw I can add later but I'm not sure if I have sprites for it. For the cancel at the end of Hoyokusen, I didn't think she needed it in this game.
Her close HK in SF2/A was the same as her launcher, but she's had different ones since III:

She doesn't have air throw attempt sprites in CvS, just the throw itself, but Hoshi whipped me up some a few years ago for my Chun-Li.
The jump cancel on Hoyokusen is a cool combo extender, and since they even left it in MvC3, I think it'd fit pretty well here.

- Osoto Mawashi Geri should knock down Didn't know that, I'll change it in the next update.
Ushiro Mawashi Geri also knocks down but since you can combo into it... I dunno. It could always work like KOF command cancels, removing the knockdown if canceled into.
#42  August 15, 2013, 12:46:49 am
I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but it's possible to do an infinite with Scorpion with jumping HK or HP into Light Punch Spear.
#43  August 15, 2013, 01:04:36 am
  • constructive criticism welcomed
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
ok had no wifi, or dsl all i had was my phones interent, so me being the patient type i said eff it DL it to my phone, took a nap, hours later then transferred it to my laptop, and all i can say....IS WOW wellll worth the wait, your scorpion is by far my favorite one and im glad i was patient, great job Sean, loving the game!

Perfection is a myth, always strive to be better
My Ports: http://mugennoobin.imgur.com
#44  August 15, 2013, 01:51:38 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
I don't know if anyone's pointed this out yet, but it's possible to do an infinite with Scorpion with jumping HK or HP into Light Punch Spear.

Just fixed it. This was a good thing, actually, because having to fix it made me stop being lazy. Not only did I fix the infinite, but now you can use the Spear once during combos, giving him more combo options. I guess I'll finally go ahead and make it so Sub-Zero can use his freeze once in combos, too, since this was easier to fix than I thought it would be.

Download Last Bout now!
#45  August 15, 2013, 02:18:07 am
  • <>_<>!
    • USA
    • mugenandgames.webs.com/
There are not a lot of games in mugen that I can say look like a real game but this is one of the best ones. My only suggestions would be maybe change name fonts and small portraits but besides that this game is perfect at lest presentation wise. I very much enjoy Squall!!
#46  August 15, 2013, 02:36:11 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Nobodys pointed this out but Lynns animation 5100 or 5101 is bugging, every time she falls and bounces of the floor she goes below the floor too.
#47  August 15, 2013, 08:42:40 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
***IMPORTANT***

Just uploaded a quick Scorpion/Sub-Zero patch. Link in the first post. All patches will include a change log. I didn't get to address some of the other stuff yet, I wanted to fix the issue of infinites ASAP.

I also think you guys will have more fun with them both knowing you can Spear/Freeze once during each combo. Since you can do this now, you can also cancel most normals into them. It's something people have wanted for a long time, so I hope they're happy now. :D

@ Memo

I'll have to look into that, thanks!

Download Last Bout now!
#48  August 15, 2013, 01:20:08 pm
  • Otoko Michi!
Oh hey, i played this game in Arcade Mode! Annnnnd, i have a serious issues tiwh everyone's AI! All opponent starts berserking from difficulty of "Medium 3". They never stops to defend themselves, they just attack. Combine it with jump, sweep, and DPs overusage - and we'll get unbeatable opponents! We need to retweak AI, ASAP!

As i know, they need at least defend themselves 50%/33%/25% of their fight time in Meduim 3, 4 and 5 respectively.
I am my own shadow torn out of the body of mine!
#49  August 15, 2013, 01:24:36 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
the way I see it is Jin, Snake, and CM Punk all have rushdown tactics. I think it'd be a better idea to have Snake be more tool oriented AI wise. Jin and CM are fine though.
#50  August 15, 2013, 01:31:05 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
As i know, they need at least defend themselves 50%/33%/25% of their fight time in Meduim 3, 4 and 5 respectively.
Or perhaps you should adopt a playstyle that works well against the AI and try defending yourself.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#51  August 15, 2013, 03:08:42 pm
  • 1-Up
    • tonibarra.tripod.com
This bug is still there:
#52  August 15, 2013, 03:21:25 pm
    • Argentina
I don't know if it's a bug or what but, why can't we do this?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
And it happens with the Kori Blade too.
P.S: I know looks a bit weird I couldn't capture well the sequence, I hope you understand it :P
P.S #2: Checking it again, could be an infinite if we'd be able to do that  :llama:
#53  August 15, 2013, 04:25:31 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
It's just a juggle thing. The uppercut uses 8 juggle points of 15 to keep from being able to do it twice.

I usually jump and do HP followed by HK as a follow-up.

Download Last Bout now!
#54  August 15, 2013, 05:08:55 pm
    • Argentina
Ok, cool, thank you! :) Yep, I do that too but I was wondering about that thing I tried :P
#55  August 15, 2013, 06:37:50 pm
    • Brazil
Why is Morrigan's voice so lower than the others'?

Also, you need to work in some of her win quotes, what she says when she defeats Jin Kazama is completely senseless, she wouldn't care about his powers.
#56  August 15, 2013, 07:04:34 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
I kind of take offense to that. Write me a better one. Sorry I wrote 30+ character specific win quotes for 30+ characters and didn't get one exactly true to her motivations as you perceive them. I don't see what's "senseless" about it, and I don't see why a succubus (a creature that drains the life force, or power, from others) wouldn't care about someone's power. In my Win Quote/Suggestion thread, the only one anyone wrote for Morrigan to Jin was pretty much what she ended up with, just reworded.

Download Last Bout now!
#57  August 15, 2013, 09:28:34 pm
    • Brazil
I kind of take offense to that. Write me a better one.
I could write a new one, but since you used a lot of quotes from UMvC3, her win quotes against Phoenix and Phoenix Wright could fit against Jin.

I don't see what's "senseless" about it, and I don't see why a succubus (a creature that drains the life force, or power, from others) wouldn't care about someone's power.
Succubi, at least ordinary ones, do not drain power, they feed from people's lifeforce through any means of pleasure. Morrigan, however is not a common succubus, she feed from people by fighting them (and by the... normal way a succubus would) and she never cared about power, since she has enough to destroying a world according to her story.

In my Win Quote/Suggestion thread, the only one anyone wrote for Morrigan to Jin was pretty much what she ended up with, just reworded.
I never knew about the existence of your Win Quote Suggestion thread, or I would have written all the quotes for her and some for the other chars.
#58  August 15, 2013, 10:18:45 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Ugh, it's just a win quote. Iced is writing some for Morrigan.

Download Last Bout now!

ROS

#59  August 15, 2013, 10:44:30 pm
Opponent flips out of Copy Vision if the attack hits during a juggle.
#60  August 16, 2013, 01:44:11 am
Thanks for this new beta, I am enjoying the new characters. It's so much fun