YesNoOk

Customized Tetsu Yatogi (Read 28373 times)

Started by Agent Z, November 27, 2008, 05:22:28 am
Share this topic:
Customized Tetsu Yatogi
#1  November 27, 2008, 05:22:28 am
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
Customized Tetsu Yatogi
by iloveflash
based on Yatogi Tetsu by XCB/Big Eli King
Last updated: December 22, 2010 (see below posts for all updates)
MediaFire link (December 8 version): http://www.mediafire.com/file/8r4nbvz22rc158l/CustomTetsuExtreme%28UpdatedDec08-10%29.7z
Sendspace link (December 22 version): http://www.sendspace.com/file/pgdz1x

Gameplay vids:

January 26, 2009 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4I-FCue8Ug

January 20, 2009 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBDIKWIGid4

January 11, 2009 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYjufslyw4

December 17, 2008 version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29EkuqyGtqY

Screens (more to come):

November 29, 2008 version (methinks):
Pocket Misogi

Tatsu Shoryuken

Quick Reverse

Edit: The explod issue has been fixed.

:D
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:58:40 am by iloveflash
Re: Customized Tetsu Yatogi
#2  November 27, 2008, 05:25:48 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sounds like you heavily broke a character that should've just been left alone.
#3  November 27, 2008, 05:32:10 am
  • Head on!
I know, nothing can beat the original.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#4  November 27, 2008, 06:18:16 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Uhm, press F12 in Mugen to take screenshots, convert the pcx to png then upload to an image host.
#5  November 27, 2008, 07:07:56 am
  • Head on!
Uhm, press F12 in Mugen to take screenshots, convert the pcx to png then upload to an image host.
Thank you for the advice, however this won't help me become a better photographer. :P

I know how to take screens, just not how to take good screens, or even precise screens for that matter. I just need practice is all.
#6  November 28, 2008, 12:48:28 am
  • Head on!
Happy Thanksgiving all. :) (It's that holiday over in the US where people are allowed to get really fat for no reason.)

I've updated Custom Tetsu. Like the idiot I am, I still forgot to update the ReadMe with all the new add-ons, but pretty much every update has been mentioned in the above post.

- Tetsu's Attack has gone down a few notches, while his defense has gone up a tad bit.
- Lp version of Tatsu Shoryuken now has a little more "pop," though still not the amount I'd like.
- Palette3 was saved this time. :P It's my personal third favorite, next to the original one and "The Joker" palette. Also made a few modifications to the other palettes, particularly with the color of the special FX.
- A few more fixes here and there.

Enjoy! Here's the new link if you didn't catch it up there:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gu0hm1zgyrd/CustomTetsu(UpdatedThanksgivingDay).rar
#7  November 29, 2008, 09:12:16 pm
  • Head on!
Updated CustomTetsu again. The next update will be more substantial.

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/24zxnylnxk1/CustomTetsu(UpdatedNov29-08).rar

November 29, 2008
- Modified palettes 1 and 3; modified other palettes.
- Lp version of Tatsu Shoryuken perfected.
- Added some special FX to some animations; modified some hitboxes.
- Modified (ReadMe) CustomTetsu.rtf
#8  December 03, 2008, 06:20:24 am
  • Head on!
Yes, my dumplings, he is updated once again!

This time, as promised, he has learned 2 new moves, and had a lot of fixes in the process. Unfortunately due to the lack of feedback, I'm unsure whether he is too overpowered or just right. But when I get started on his AI (yes, I'm adding that too), I'll know for myself. :D

November 30, 2008
- Modified several palettes further.
- Added Lp and Hp versions of Pocket Misogi.

December 03, 2008
- Came up with an outline for future moves (see CustomTetsuIdeas.rtf)

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hmzylygjdo3/CustomTetsu(UpdatedDec03-08).rar

Here are the moves:

Upcoming Custom Tetsu Moves

*Key:
Normal Damage = 5 ~ 15% damage
Super damage = 20% ~ 33% damage.
Hyper damage = 50 ~ 100% damage
Moves currently in development are highlighted bold.
Moves far from development are in italics.
All meta hypers can be done by pressing the heavy button version of the hyper it replaces, when Tetsu has 2000 power or more.

Tatsu Kongoryuken (Splitting Continental Uppercut)
- A meta hyper move worth 1000 power; deals super damage.
- Is one powerful single-hit Shoryuken that ends with a Tatsu Shoryuken (Lp version).
- Replaces the Aerial Dance hyper (2QCF+k (in the air)); can only be done in the air.

Tentou Shinryuken (Divine Uppercut)
- Is a powerful multiple hit shoryuken that replicates Ken's Shinryuken.
- Replaces the "multiple uppercut" hyper (2QCF+2k); can only be done on the ground.

Denjin Hadoken
- A special move; deals normal damage.
- A blatant ripoff of Evil Ryu's denjin hadouken.
- HCF+p; press any direction to angle the shot.

After Images
- EX version of Quick Rush and Quick Reverse.
- Will make Tetsu disappear, then reappear a while later. If a button is pressed within the interval that he is invisible, he will cancel into one of his four ground special moves: Tornado Kick, Shoryuken, Lightning/Assassin Kick, or Tetsu Rave.
- Name also applies to any of Tetsu's new counter-attack recovery techniques, in which he teleports behind the foe and does one of his four aerial specials: Cyclone Kick, Tatsu Shoryuken, Dive Kick, or Pocket Misogi.
- DP/RDP+2k; press any p or k button to cancel into a special move. Command applies to both Quick Rush/Reverse and Counter-Recovery.

Health Charge
- An idle move that takes away some power to recover health.
- 1000 power or less will recover 1-10% health.
- Between 1000-2000 power will recover 12-25%
- Between 2000-3000 power will recover 33-45% health; 3000 power will recover 50% health.
- Hold C+Z; release to cancel the charge.

Raibunshin no Jutsu (Lightning Clone Technique)
- A special move available only when Tetsu has 1000 power or more; creates a clone helper.
- While the clone is active, Tetsu's power will slowly drain away. Once his meter or a twelve-second timer hits zero the clone will disappear.
- Tetsu can destroy the clone at any time by doing Taunt 2, which will be available as long as the clone is active regardless of other conditions.
- The clone has 20% of Tetsu's stats.
- 2D+2p; can only be done on the ground.

Baisuu Raibunshin no Jutsu (Multiple Lightning Clones)
- A hyper move worth 1000 power; creates two to four clone helpers.
- While the clones are active, Tetsu's power will slowly drain away. Once his meter or a twelve-second timer hits zero the clones will disappear. The more clones active, the faster the meter drains away (but they earn more power doing comboes).
- Clones have 75% of Tetsu's stats.
- 3D+2p; 2D+2p creates 2 more clones; can only be done on the ground.

Raibunshin Jinrai Kyaku (Lightning Clone Thunderclap Kick)
- Once the clones are created (3 clones created), they all rush in and start a kicking frenzy, then launch the enemy with Lightning Kicks and a Tatsu Shoryuken. The real Tetsu then finishes with a Hurricane Kick.
- Replaces the Multiple Lightning Clones hyper (3D+2p); can only be done on the ground.

Messatsu Jinrai Kyaku (Deadly Thunderclap Kick)
- A meta hyper worth 1000 power; deals super damage.
- Tetsu performs Ken from Street Fighter's Jinrai Kyaku.
- Replaces the Hurricane Kick hyper (2QCB+k); can only be done on the ground.

Messatsu Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku (Deadly Tornado Kick)
- A meta hyper worth 1000 power; deals super damage.
- Tetsu performs the Tornado Kick.
- Replaces the air version of the Hurricane Kick hyper (2QCB+k (in air)); can only be done in the air.

Tentou Daigeki Kyaku (Heaven Shock Kick)
- An ultimate worth 3000 power; deals hyper damage.
- Tetsu disappears and reappears next to the opponent, grabs them, knees them, and then launches them with a Crescent Kick. He then disappears again, reappears above the airborne body, and performs a Jacknife Kick.
- 2QCF+2k.
Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 06:25:11 am by Metal_Shadow
#9  December 05, 2008, 03:16:47 am
  • Head on!
Wow, another update!?  ;D

December 04, 2008
- Modified palette 5.
- Created Raibunshin clone; not yet implemented in gameplay. Players can unlock this move in Tetsu's .cmd file if they so wish.
- Created Take a Breather; 99% complete.

Take a Breather
C+Z (Hold)
- Recharges Tetsu's health at the cost of his power.
- 1000 power or less will recover a rate of 1-10% health.
- 2000 power or less will recover a rate of 12-25% health.
- 3000 power or less will recover a rate of 33-50% health.

Linky: http://www.mediafire.com/file/yxttcgmmamk/CustomTetsu(UpdatedDec04-08).rar

Remember to enjoy!  ;)
Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:49:45 am by Metal_Shadow
#10  December 05, 2008, 05:52:22 pm
  • King of Sona
-after his air shinku tatsumaki (dunno the name) he stands in the air
-i think an dragon punch should never be done when in air
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Lord Canti Says:
i was playing FFVII and I accidently named Red XIII Cyanide D:
#11  December 05, 2008, 07:09:30 pm
  • Head on!
-after his air shinku tatsumaki (dunno the name) he stands in the air
-i think an dragon punch should never be done when in air

Add the following trigger beneath "Regen" in the .cmd file. That is probably what is causing your problem (unless you unlocked the clones? o_0)

triggerall = statetype !=A

As for the dragon punch thing, it's been done before in MvC, so why not?

Thanks for the feedback.
#12  December 10, 2008, 01:40:49 am
  • Everyone has darkness,Fight it or EMBRACE it
you do know that Tetsu is not a Ninja therefore all these ninja moves arent nessasary I dont mind you making up move for tetsu (I actually thinks it's kinda cool) but all ninja type technique really takes away from his shoto status, and makes him well... cheap and attacks that can take up to 100% damage is even more cheap. he's one of my favorite characters as well but the naruto type attack *from what I read* are don't really scream Tetsu. I know its fun to think up attacks and such but the attacks should reflect his personality as well. I know you probably don't care much and I commorate you for all your hard work but think also; would Tetsu really be able to learn all this type of attack? It kinda seems like Tetsu is hotheaded, loud and impatient. For example, I might argue that Tetsu wouldn't have clone type move because he wants to beat the guy honorably so he can boast about it later. anyway I hope you take some of this into consideration.
Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 02:01:29 am by vortex35
#13  December 10, 2008, 04:31:22 am
  • Head on!
you do know that Tetsu is not a Ninja therefore all these ninja moves arent nessasary I dont mind you making up move for tetsu (I actually thinks it's kinda cool) but all ninja type technique really takes away from his shoto status, and makes him well... cheap and attacks that can take up to 100% damage is even more cheap. he's one of my favorite characters as well but the naruto type attack *from what I read* are don't really scream Tetsu. I know its fun to think up attacks and such but the attacks should reflect his personality as well. I know you probably don't care much and I commorate you for all your hard work but think also; would Tetsu really be able to learn all this type of attack? It kinda seems like Tetsu is hotheaded, loud and impatient. For example, I might argue that Tetsu wouldn't have clone type move because he wants to beat the guy honorably so he can boast about it later. anyway I hope you take some of this into consideration.

Thanks for sharing your opinion! :)

Now I don't mean to sound rude but, does it really matter whether Tetsu's a ninja or not? Just because I give his moves some Japanese names (which are pretty horrible translations anyway :P) doesn't mean I am trying to "ninjatize" him or anything like that. I just like making up Japanese words. And Tetsu IS Japanese in origin.

That said, I don't know Tetsu's actual storyline since I never played the game he was featured in, so please excuse me if I happened to ruin any images that fans like yourself might have had of him. There is a reason I called him "custom": I have modified him to my own liking. I am trying to add a lot of variety now so that fans like you may play with Tetsu in different ways, not butcher his movelist like you might suspect, but I can't help it if someone else has different tastes.

I'm sorry you think that he's cheap; I've tried (and am still trying) to balance him out for regular competition, even more so than the original. I don't know how you managed to score 100% damage on an enemy using him (were you playing with the latest version?) but from my own tests he actually causes less damage than the original all around, including when he racks up a regular combo. The only thing I can think of is that you somehow abused his air juggle.

Thanks for the feedback anyway. You are, what, customer number 2? :P I'm glad you decided to play with Tetsu!
#14  December 10, 2008, 06:06:04 am
  • Head on!
It's that time of the year again?  ::)

Say hello to a whole new Tetsu! He has been tweaked to near-perfection over the past few days, and with the recent integration of his new EX move, he's beginning to shed his old skin and take on a new shape. Custom Tetsu strikes again!  ;D

December 06, 2008
- Mad shit. :D
- Modified palette 4; modified other palettes; added some palettes (see "ExtraPalettes" directory)
- Tweaked a bunch of moves and values.
- Created "Custom Tetsu Mode." Tetsu will play as his normal self when his power is below 1000, but will play as Custom Tetsu when his power is over 1000. Generally speaking, Custom Tetsu is more brutal (translate: "cheaper" ;D).
- Added SFX here and there.
- Take a Breather is now over 100% complete.

December 09, 2008
- Modified several, if not all palettes.
- Modified some SFX.
- Created "Vanishing Technique"; currently at 50-66%.
- Modified/created some moves that are not yet implemented.
- Tweaked some moves.

Vanishing Technique
DP, 2k (forward) || RDP, 2k (backward)
- An EX move worth 500 power; only works when Tetsu has 1000 or more power.
- Tetsu cannot be hit during this state. Press down or backward to cancel the move. He will reappear after a certain amount of time has passed (which is a real waste if you ask me >_>).
- Chain into one of Tetsu's special moves by pressing one of the six input commands (A, B, C, X, Y, Z).

Glitches:
- There is a minor glitch when Tetsu jumps backward (U+B); he lands and immediately starts walking backwards, regardless of whether backward is being pressed.
- Vanishing Technique may cause Tetsu to fall below the gound on occasion; I have implemented a solution but I can't tell whether or not it is working.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/iogtdqbirow/CustomTetsu(UpdatedDec09-08).rar

New screens coming soon. ;)
#15  December 10, 2008, 09:10:22 pm
i don't know if you got the credit you deserve for making tetsu so much more kick ass then he was already :sugoi: i look forward to your updates.
#16  December 10, 2008, 11:02:52 pm
No i dont mean dont give him Jap names I love the Japanese culture and Tetsu is from a game that is essentially like a 2d fighter maker where you give him attacks Im was just saying that the move's from what I read about them seemed like ninja attacks and that Tetsu wasnt that type. but whatever like I said I dont wanna get into an arguement When my Laptop comes outta the shop I will test him out and tell you what I think. By the way how did you think I meant giving him Japanese sounding attacks made it Ninja most of Ryu's attacks are in Japanese and he is no where near a Ninja, lol. anyway I wont give any real type of feedback until I get a chance to play with him.btw I dont know if he is cheap yet havent been able to try him out but yea the last Tetsu could kick a lot of ass easily.

i don't know if you got the credit you deserve for making tetsu so much more kick ass then he was already  i look forward to your updates

No he's not getting the recognition he deserves and I will tell you why after so many Evils and Orochi and Holies out there many of the members of the Mugen Community are tired of shoto type characters getting edited I for one dont care long as the gameplay and move are different. He also isnt getting much credit because he is changing is editing Tetsu. I know the Process for making new attacks and making sure they work is hard but ppl dont care about that( not saying I don't). and the Fact that ppl are begining to hate Shoto type characters. I for one like them, Just keeping doing your thing maybe you will get more recognition on your next project
Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 11:13:12 pm by vortex35
#17  December 10, 2008, 11:10:06 pm
  • Head on!
i don't know if you got the credit you deserve for making tetsu so much more kick ass then he was already :sugoi: i look forward to your updates.

Thanks a lot! :sugoi:

For a minute there I was beginning to think this was a bust. :P
#18  December 10, 2008, 11:20:54 pm
  • Head on!
No i dont mean dont give him Jap names I love the Japanese culture and Tetsu is from a game that is essentially like a 2d fighter maker where you give him attacks Im was just saying that the move's from what I read about them seemed like ninja attacks and that Tetsu wasnt that type. but whatever like I said I dont wanna get into an arguement When my Laptop comes outta the shop I will test him out and tell you what I think. By the way how did you think I meant giving him Japanese sounding attacks made it Ninja most of Ryu's attacks are in Japanese and he is no where near a Ninja, lol.

There's nothing wrong with a healthy dosage of blazing argument over the internet. ;) You should see some of the other forums I've been to.

I'm not gonna pretend like I don't know what you're talking about when you say the names sound ninja-like, because I've seen enough Naruto and whatnot to be able to tell. But I'm really not trying to make Tetsu into a ninja. As you said, that ain't his style.

"Nitoubun no Jutsu" translates to "Division Technique." It doesn't mean "Shadow Clone." I even included the translation next to it. My Japanese isn't all that great so that was the best I could come up with, but if you know another way to say "Division Technique" in Japanese, be my guest. I'd be happy to make it sound less ninja-like (as long as it sounds relatively cool, of course).The same goes for the other moves:

"Tatsu Shoryuken" is supposedly "Splitting Uppercut"
"Tatsu Kongouryuken" = "Splitting Continental Uppercut"
"Tentou Shinryuken" = "True Heaven Uppercut"
...and the rest are listed.

I'll await your opinion once you've tested him! :)
#19  December 11, 2008, 03:30:07 am
like I said I love the Jap culture and all and I wasnt talking about the names of the move I was talking about the way you described the attack it sounded like an atttack I'd seen before but whatever. Yea I do see what you mean with the attacks tho forget the whole thing I might wanna use your character as an evoled state of tetsu when I do a youtube Mugen series type thing anyway keep making him better and I will try him from my flashdrive forgot I had mugen on there I will see how he fights on the college's campus ( hope I don't get caught) ;P Unfortunatley I don't know any otherways of saying it and I was confuse a lot of time in anime they just do say "no jutsu" yes see an episode  of that horrible dubbed version of Naruto I thought they only said no jutsu for ninjutsu. But im taking Japanese now maybe I can ask my japanese teacher if she knows any other ways 

EDIT:
Ok I didn't get to play with him because im at school but I did watch him. So I didn't see the new attacks but when he goes to Lvl 3  I really don't like those bubble I know that it might be ki coming out but maybe you can do an electric aura around him, instead. I don't like the palates too much but I can just change them no big deal. but going back to the aura thing sorry to keep referring to this but you know that most of his attacks are electric right so why not, but then again your the creator your the one doing the editing. 
Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:49:35 am by vortex35
#20  December 11, 2008, 04:44:12 am
  • Head on!
like I said I love the Jap culture and all and I wasnt talking about the names of the move I was talking about the way you described the attack it sounded like an atttack I'd seen before but whatever. Yea I do see what you mean with the attacks tho forget the whole thing I might wanna use your character as an evoled state of tetsu when I do a youtube Mugen series type thing anyway keep making him better and I will try him from my flashdrive forgot I had mugen on there I will see how he fights on the college's campus ( hope I don't get caught) ;P Unfortunatley I don't know any otherways of saying it and I was confuse a lot of time in anime they just do say "no jutsu" yes see an episode  of that horrible dubbed version of Naruto I thought they only said no jutsu for ninjutsu. But im taking Japanese now maybe I can ask my japanese teacher if she knows any other ways 

EDIT:
Ok I didn't get to play with him because im at school but I did watch him. So I didn't see the new attacks but when he goes to Lvl 3  I really don't like those bubble I know that it might be ki coming out but maybe you can do an electric aura around him, instead. I don't like the palates too much but I can just change them no big deal. but going back to the aura thing sorry to keep referring to this but you know that most of his attacks are electric right so why not, but then again your the creator your the one doing the editing. 

I see where you're coming from. I used to think the word "jutsu" was related to ninjas as well, but it actually means "technique." "Nin" means human, so "ninjutsu" actually means "human technique." The other ninja moves, genjutsu and taijutsu, also aren't specifically geared towards ninjas only.

As for the bubbles, I gotta disagree with you there! Don't you see how much powah he's got!? It's freaking radiating, man!

If all is lost, I'll find those electricity hitsparks and see what I can do (though in my opinion Tetsu's electricity looks like total BS). But for now I like the bubble effects, I put a decent amount of effort into animating them and they came out good. Maybe when you start playing and you see the energy splashing into the air you might change your opinion? I wasn't a big fan of them either until then.
#21  December 11, 2008, 04:51:01 am
Well I knew that Jutsu meant techinque and all but I didnt know nin meant human well you learn something everyday. And I know the other types of jutsu don't particularly pertain to ninja's i've watched enough anime to know that. I love Tetsu's electric type attacks it what makes him tetsu I see what you wanted to do with the bubble and at first I said maybe he can do both but then it would look weird so I guess I can deal with the bubble they arent that bad. I will see if I can help you on your search with the electric sprites when I get a chance

Edit: so i had achance to play with him this weekend and he's pretty damn good I couldn't do some of the moves tho, but he's faster and can stem really long combos with that reverse asura you implemented on him
Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:20:37 pm by vortex35
#22  December 18, 2008, 05:44:40 am
  • Head on!

Edit: so i had achance to play with him this weekend and he's pretty damn good I couldn't do some of the moves tho, but he's faster and can stem really long combos with that reverse asura you implemented on him

Ah, glad you enjoyed! :) Check out the new update if you haven't already.
#23  December 18, 2008, 05:48:32 am
  • Head on!
New update! (http://www.mediafire.com/file/nyjzymnumjt/CustomTetsu(UpdatedDec17-08).rar)

December 17, 2008
- Finished all main palettes.
- Created Horizontal Bomber; EX version yet to be implemented.
- Tweaked loads of shit, including juggle-ability. Too many and too lazy to list here. (-_-)

Horizontal Bomber
(In the air) D, DB, B, p
- Only works when Tetsu has 1000 or more power.
- Similar to Evil Ryu's Hadoken; Tetsu's velocity changes with each version.
* Some secrets

This time around, a LOOOT of stuff has been modified/fixed. There are still some glitches, so check the readme for them before you start playing. Otherwise... well, the guy's turning out great! ;D You'll see what I mean when you play with him.

Enjoy Customized Tetsu Yatogi! Just a few more moves to go!
Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 06:02:13 am by iloveflash
#24  December 19, 2008, 08:00:33 am
  • Head on!
#25  December 22, 2008, 02:32:28 am
  • Head on!
I'm starting a little video series called the Custom Combo Handbook, which will show off some of Tetsu's new combos. The first vid has been uploaded here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad2aHGtqxcI

If that's any indication, the next update of Tetsu will revolve around his playability. :)
#26  January 09, 2009, 08:28:59 pm
  • Head on!
Hey all, Tetsu's been updated once again. Due to time constraints (and Ubuntu fucking up my comp), I've had to stretch out this release for a while. The current upgrades are still mostly WIP.

Updates January 9th, 2009 (Currently not included in the readme--too much sleepy):
- AI! :D It still has a ways to go, but we're off to a decent start.
- Modified some moves and values/Improved juggle-ability
- Fixed some bugs
- Tweaked some special FX/Added new pals (courtesy of scars return)
- Modified some moves that are not yet implemented

Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dythjiddmwj/CustomTetsu(UpdatedJan09-09).rar
Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 03:36:50 am by iloveflash
#27  January 10, 2009, 09:37:23 pm
umm... when i click on your link above, it takes me to a page that "cannot be found"  :/
#28  January 11, 2009, 09:04:35 pm
  • Head on!
Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 09:09:40 pm by iloveflash
#29  January 12, 2009, 05:00:29 am
  • Head on!
Here we are, the beginning of a beautiful relationship. The challenge level AI for Tetsu is complete. He can now put up a fight. ;)

You want proof, I see. Check out Custom Tetsu vs. Shin Gouki right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYjufslyw4

To celebrate, I'm bringing out the challenge level AI early (and by early I mean like, right now :P). Here you go: (http://www.sendspace.com/file/h9d045) or (http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jmlnbc0a1y/CustomTetsu(UpdatedJan11-09).rar)

January 11, 2009
- Updated the AI for "ctetsu_challenge.cmd"; nearing completion
- A few more fixes here and there

My remaining goals for Tetsu are to:

1 - Make the extreme AI as good as that anusface Evil Ken.
2 - Create a whole new way of doing EX combos.
3 - Add a new ultimate move.
4 - Polish everything up and call it a day.

The extreme level for the AI currently hasn't even started yet; you'll see if you try it out. Just steer clear of it. As for everything else, things are going smoothly, minus a few glitches (see the Read Me).

Bust out some bearshine. 8)
#30  January 12, 2009, 02:11:40 pm
Got it!

the spendspace site worked for me rather than mediafire.

Great character btw!!
#31  January 21, 2009, 10:29:29 pm
  • Head on!
Here's the latest release of Custom Tetsu, with the "challenge" level AI completed. :) A vid of him whooping ass: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBDIKWIGid4

"What do you think, Bob?"

"I don't know what to say, Jim; this is quite baffling."

"Yes, a human being shooting electricity out of his hands certainly isn't a frequent sight!"

"I'm a bit more confused as to how two skinny teenagers are able to survive in outer space! In the middle of a metroid nest, no less!"

"I didn't know metroids existed!"

*laughter*

Links
MediaFire: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4zjhzla1ydt/CustomTetsu(UpdatedJan20-09).rar
Sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/1kt30b

The "extreme" level AI will be able to wipe that smirk off of Evil Ken's face, I promise you that! >:D But it won't be out for a very long time due to some online restrictions that the feds are trying to enforce on me. Losers... --;

Enjoy this latest release, everyone!  ;D
#32  January 22, 2009, 11:44:30 pm
makes me happy my tetsu palettes are in this char  :sugoi:
#33  January 23, 2009, 12:30:31 am
  • Head on!
#34  January 26, 2009, 07:34:50 am
  • Head on!
The extreme AI is here! Voila:

MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mlnglynwdey/CustomTetsu(EXTREMEUPDATEWOAH).rar
Sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/p2e3ol

Now here's a nice, healthy dosage of action for you curious folk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4I-FCue8Ug

January 26, 2009
- Updated the AI for "ctetsu_challenge.cmd" and "ctetsu_extreme.cmd"; both complete but with future updates in store (gotta rape Evil Ken, you know?).
- Moar bug fixes--they never end!

We're almost to the finish line! I just have a few more things I'd like to do with this guy, as otherwise his "customization" has pretty much been completed. It's been great modifying Tetsu so far--I've learned quite a lot about Mugen and coding in general. One of my final goals is to leave pointers throughout his code so that anyone curious enough to look in them will find it easy to modify him on their own; I want folks like me to experiment with this character by themselves. Hopefully the final product itself will be fun to play with as well--at least as much as the original, I hope.

Speaking of which, I've been watching a few vids of Tetsu on YouTube, and I now see why everyone hates Tetsu clones (including that fellow at the beginning of this thread). They've generally been copy/paste affairs, with little done to his coding and no AI patches. I promise to change that stereotype within the next few updates.

Until then, enjoy the extreme mode AI! :D
Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:09:28 am by iloveflash
#35  January 31, 2009, 08:20:24 pm
  • Head on!
#36  February 01, 2009, 03:28:13 am
awesome I'll try him out then
#37  February 01, 2009, 04:38:21 am
  • Ya me dio cosa...
    • Mexico
Sorry but I found very similar to the original but this a little faster
Exist a bug when defending their "haduken" sometimes it reaches the back :o and some hit sprites are missing
I liked the effects of particles around the char
#38  February 01, 2009, 04:52:15 am
hoe do you perform  "Tetsu's fireworks" i don't see it in the read me  ???
#39  February 01, 2009, 05:55:04 am
  • Head on!
MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/drmzgmdmdwy/CustomTetsu(UpdatedFeb13-09).rar
Sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/llqdho

I think this would be one of the final updates. All of my future ideas need restructuring of Tetsu's base code, and I think this one is saturated well enough. If there's ever a new, substantial update, it would be a new alteration of Tetsu altogether.

So yeah, enjoy the, um, last release? ;P All other releases from here on out would be bugfixes, and I won't keep bumping for that reason. I'd appreciate it if you guys dropped a line whenever you encounter a glitch. Thanks.

And before anyone says anything, you'd be surprised at how many variations of Tetsu you can make. He's got the resources to be very unique. ;)
Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:09:02 am by iloveflash
#40  March 17, 2009, 07:10:35 pm
man you've really done a good job with him, guile by n64 mario used to be my main until i started playing with custom tetsu, good job
#41  March 24, 2009, 07:05:00 pm
 I'm going to try your Custom Tetsu out, i think you've done well to keep  updating and working on your edit despite having a bit of a shortage in encouragement (From what i could see) , and Tetsu is a pretty cool character all together, good work!
#42  March 24, 2009, 07:17:30 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Maybe it's because he made an edit that shouldn'tve been done to a char that didn't need it?
#43  March 24, 2009, 07:48:11 pm
  • Head on!
Maybe it's because he made an edit that shouldn'tve been done to a char that didn't need it?

What's the point of Mugen if people can't make characters they feel like? We all know XCB's Tetsu is perfect, okay. That doesn't mean he can't get a spin-off. Besides, it looks like this was a fair success judging by the comments of people who actually played with him. That's all the encouragement I need. :)

Speaking of which, there are a few fixes I forgot to make, I'm gonna update him within the following weeks.
#44  March 24, 2009, 08:26:58 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released

What's the point of Mugen if people can't make characters they feel like? We all know XCB's Tetsu is perfect, okay. That doesn't mean he can't get a spin-off. Besides, it looks like this was a fair success judging by the comments of people who actually played with him. That's all the encouragement I need. :)

Speaking of which, there are a few fixes I forgot to make, I'm gonna update him within the following weeks.

dude i totally agree with you, and I myself have your edit of tetsu in my mugen and dude i luv what you have done.... that is why we have an edit section because we have the right to edit things if we want to.... Just keep doin your thing and dont worry about anything else....  :sugoi:
#45  March 24, 2009, 08:29:09 pm
  • I am hilarious
    • USA
Ever hear the saying "Don't fix what's not broken"?
#46  March 25, 2009, 03:15:54 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#47  March 25, 2009, 03:42:01 am
  • Head on!
Ever hear the saying "Don't fix what's not broken"?

Maybe I wasn't "fixing." ::)

dude i totally agree with you, and I myself have your edit of tetsu in my mugen and dude i luv what you have done.... that is why we have an edit section because we have the right to edit things if we want to.... Just keep doin your thing and dont worry about anything else....  :sugoi:

Glad to hear it! And don't worry, I'm not concerned with other people's bad musings.
#48  April 02, 2009, 02:26:48 am
im having trouble pulling off that pocket mistou-thingy, im reading the instructions but im kinda confused, i know how to do move in street fighter language, is it reverse-dragon-punch "rdp" or what?
#49  April 03, 2009, 06:22:57 am
  • Head on!
That's exactly right, B,D,DB+p is the ticket. Remember that you have to be in the air.
#50  April 03, 2009, 08:25:36 am
i can't do it with your latest version, i can't even "dragon punch" with your latest version of tetsu, but whats crazy is i have the first custom tetsu you made, and i can do both moves easily with him. is anyone else going through that or is it just me
#51  April 04, 2009, 01:20:50 am
  • Head on!
It's just you, sorry. :P
#52  April 04, 2009, 04:05:43 am
  • Fuck Windows 8!!!! I use adult OSes to work!!!
    • Mexico
Tested this Tetsu... and I liked it, is a diferent style of him... I will keep it for EVE screenpack (the original tetsu will do his appearence in another game XD)

Keep on the good work, this char is good as far as I can see.

BTW I've got a doubt... Tetsu is an original character or he comes from a game (I know he was made with a character maker prgram or game... or something... but I need to know if he is original char or not, and if he has any history)

See ya!!! :D
This is the era in which we will see reason triumphing against brutality... May be better to open your mind to the future.
------------------------------------------------------
<- [Clicky - Clicky]
Current Universal War Official Artwork
#53  April 04, 2009, 07:39:01 am
  • Head on!
No, Tetsu's not an original character, but XCB supposedly made him very different from his original game. I hear he was also called "Renshu" in his original game, not Tetsu.
#54  December 08, 2010, 10:05:31 pm
  • Head on!
Update! :D

I'm back on the ball with Custom Tetsu; I'll be aiming to add some new moves and whatnot, and maybe shift up his playing style. Some of you may remember me starting a project called Tetsu110%, which would be a new iteration of the old favorite altogether. I scrapped that when I realized I would need to edit sprites, which I wasn't quite familiar with at the time. However, I'm in a place where I can edit CTetsu to that extent, including new sprites. Look forward to that.

For this update, I've strengthened Tetsu's Extreme AI. If you don't believe that is possible, pit him against the old Extreme AI. Three times out of five he WILL win, and fairly. I can't imagine how much torture that would be to face off against, a guy who beats you without being very cheap (he does string some long-ass combos, though). :P Anyway, he's been tested in the RC8 and the only error is that his AI takes a while to start up sometimes. I've fixed numerous bugs with the old one, though a few do persist, and from the download link you will find the .def for the extreme version is the only one included in the folder, since Mugen now requires you to separate .def files into different folders, apparently. I'll be updating the Challenge AI later on.

Here are the links.
MediaFire link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8r4nbvz22rc158l/CustomTetsuExtreme%28UpdatedDec08-10%29.7z
Sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/5mr1pu

No videos up yet, but coming soon. Enjoy!
#55  December 20, 2010, 12:54:09 pm
  • Face the Speed of Pain
he fights alot like dark tatsu and orochi tatsu it seems like
and when i shot a projectile at a enemy when at the same time he hit my with a super my projectile ended up staying in one spot intell my enemy walked into it

but i like this char he's a keeper
Make everything blockable. If you wanna put logic in it, you might as well make hadoukens unblockable and win by spamming hadoukens coz the human body can't take energy projectiles.  --;

Sig Credits go to me XD
#56  December 21, 2010, 07:59:08 am
  • Head on!
and when i shot a projectile at a enemy when at the same time he hit my with a super my projectile ended up staying in one
Wow, you fix one issue and another one pops up. It's like a game of whack-a-mole!

Looking into the issue right now, along with a few others that make this guy feel broken as shit. If anyone else has discovered any playability issues, please report. I'm trying to make the next few iterations feel air-tight like the old Tetsu. (Which will take a while, considering how much code we have on the table.)
#57  December 21, 2010, 09:00:16 am
  • Face the Speed of Pain
lol sorry about that 
i had a long night when i typed that
Make everything blockable. If you wanna put logic in it, you might as well make hadoukens unblockable and win by spamming hadoukens coz the human body can't take energy projectiles.  --;

Sig Credits go to me XD
#58  December 22, 2010, 10:56:28 am
  • Head on!
A lot of bugs have been fixed; our fellow plays a lot less broken now, though he is no less a combo whore. I think I fixed the EX Hadoken issue as well (I was testing out a new EX move and tossed in some code haphazardly; I just deleted the code). The Extreme AI also got harder, because I'm anal like that.

Mediafire link: (What the--!? Mediafire's acting the bitch!!)
Sendspace link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pgdz1x
#59  December 28, 2010, 04:42:14 am
  • Not Here...
    • z13.invisionfree.com/TheAtProject3/index.php?act=idx
Over a year later you return with an update of my favorite character
Your the best
#60  January 13, 2011, 12:52:49 am
  • Head on!
Check this shit out!

Custom Combo Handbook #2

Special thanks to Superman for taking a beating like that. True superhero right there. "Triple Bombs" is easier to do than it looks!

Also, in doing this video I realize there's no EX version of the Tatsu Shoryuken. Look forward to it.
#61  January 15, 2011, 01:16:04 am
  • Not Here...
    • z13.invisionfree.com/TheAtProject3/index.php?act=idx
0_0

I'm your biggest fan
#62  January 15, 2011, 08:52:06 am
  • Head on!
I am my biggest fan, what're you talking about? This isn't an air conditioning vent. ;P