YesNoOk

infinite&R@CE AKIR@update (Read 7872 times)

Started by WBPA, March 22, 2018, 11:27:11 pm
Share this topic:
infinite&R@CE AKIR@update
New #1  March 22, 2018, 11:27:11 pm
====<Known Bugs>=====

MUGEN would close randomly with certain characters with no error message.

But I think I know what causes it.

I read a long time ago on some MUGEN forum (don't remember which one) that if an animation has CLSN1 and CLSN1Default (or CLSN2 and CLSN2Default) boxes mixed together in a certain way, it can cause MUGEN to close with no error message. Something like this:

Code:

[Begin Action 0]
    Clsn2: 1
      Clsn2[0] = -10, -77, 9, 0
    0,0, 0,0, 12
    0,1, -2,0, 12
    Clsn2Default: 1
      Clsn2[0] = -11, -71, 13, 0
    0,2, -2,0, 12
    Clsn2: 1
      Clsn2[0] = -10, -77, 9, 0
    0,3, -1,0, 12

Notice how the CLSN2Default is in the middle of the animation.

What makes this issue strange is that for me, the 'crash' wouldn't always happen; I could finish some matches just fine. Plus, the character didn't even have to even use the 'corrupted' animation for the crash to occur. Or the opposite happened; the character used the 'corrupted' animation, but no crash happened (Maybe there is only a chance the 'corrupted' animation will cause the crash).

I actually managed to fix the problem by changing every single animation so that they never used a combination of CLSN1 & CLSN1Default or CLSN2 & CLSN2Default boxes. It seems to be okay to mix different types together (CLSN1 with CLSN2Default or CLSN2 with CLSN1Default), but mix together the same type too much and the weird crash happens.

I'm still not entirely sure if the weird animation code is what caused the problem, but I'm very sure that the 'fix' above is what stopped the crashes.

Fixed characters include

Cable by Infinite

Deadpool by Infinite

Cloud by Infinite

Dr.Doom by infinite                          Also i fixed hand fx not showing during Max Photon Array

Krauser by Infinite

Billy by Infinite

Mickey by R@CE AKIR@

Yamazaki by  R@CE AKIR@

www.mediafire.com/file/r3dy3z2s45ys270/infinite%26R%40ceAkir%40update.rar

Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 06:21:03 pm by WBPA
Re: infinite&R@CE AKIR@update
#2  March 23, 2018, 09:19:07 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just saying, but if all you did was edit the air files, you don't need to upload the whole character. Just upload the respected air files for each character. If I want to get the character if I don't have it, I would download it from the original link the author made. Don't force people to waste bandwidth downloading unedited files.

Also, glad to see I ain't the only ones having issues with R@CE AKIR@'s Mickey. Don't know why he doesn't be straight about it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#3  March 23, 2018, 12:44:51 pm
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
    • USA
    • https://infiniteff.forumotion.com/t533-all-chars-by-rce-akir-jeanne-d-arc-released
Thanks for the fix man. I didn't catch this, but I'm happy you found this out so adjustments can be made

Don't know why he doesn't be straight about it.
What are you talking about? If you were having issues with him, all you had to do was let me know and I would've looked into it. I put that guy out years ago and i did many updates as I usually do. The last one was very small I think, but I didn't announce it.
Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:50:51 pm by ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~
#4  March 23, 2018, 01:46:24 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Don't know why he doesn't be straight about it.
What are you talking about? If you were having issues with him, all you had to do was let me know and I would've looked into it. I put that guy out years ago and i did many updates as I usually do. The last one was very small I think, but I didn't announce it.
I'm talking about the "Combination" issue that Staubhold mentioned 3 and a half years ago. You kept telling him he didn't crash at all on your end. I too have that same exact issue even on the last update (Which I should have posted back then, but I forgot and I don't want to necrobump that topic). If I did messaged you about it now, I think you would have gave me the same answer. How I did it was rinse, repeat Combination and Rising Uppercut until the game crashes and it will eventually. It made me wonder why it doesn't for you but does for others. That's why I said that, didn't mean to offend you or anything.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#5  March 23, 2018, 10:51:10 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
Gen also has this issue, it would seem.  MUGEN closes whenever I'd use him.
New #6  April 01, 2018, 09:54:24 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
I'm talking about the "Combination" issue that Staubhold mentioned 3 and a half years ago.

I still got the "old" Hale "R@CE" Caesar and tested it out of curiosity. He closed after doing the "Combination" special two times!
The fixed version from you is stabil, did´nt crashed MUGEN.

Nice job WBPA.  :thumbsup:

May I ask what moves caused crashes too with the other chars. Have to test this out...
Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:06:30 pm by Staubhold