YesNoOk

Do Mugen People Even Play? (Read 26167 times)

Started by SailorMaRs1030, August 15, 2013, 04:49:53 am
Share this topic:
Re: Do Mugen People Even Play?
#21  August 15, 2013, 05:23:13 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling
#22  August 15, 2013, 05:24:08 am

mugen is a very nice novelt,y therefore the majority of mugen players are bad fighting game players, if you can even consider them fighting game players at all, but then there is a good amount (just not a good percentage) of good fighting game players in mugen; afaik, most of the ones who are actually good are good at 2 or 3 games, then average in the rest.

I like your description/definition. It sounds legit. I just still wonder why people post comments that aren't true about the games. Like if I mentioned Dust Loop for Guilty Gear, people are going to assume it's a Sol thing. But he only had it in two games and lost it, yet people will still think you can do it in the later games. While at the same time, all this time Baiken has one too. Then again AC Plus R has brought back the similar combo, but then most people don't have that game yet.

Real Bout Fatal Fury 3

I wish that game existed.

Tengu's favorite KOF is KOF'92
#23  August 15, 2013, 05:24:50 am
  • For honor!
Iroha stripped for me
#24  August 15, 2013, 05:28:55 am
  • No guts No glory..
i usally do a sff conversion from kof style to cvs(more or less) style for a char that i have play with ,back then from 1991-2004 i just played video games at arcades(they died surely but slowly) and the first time i saw mugen i thought this is an engine just for ugly dbz chars and nude mai (and some evil ken O__o) not too interested....

but from 2008 to actuality i have been doing some char conversions ,some just conversion and some others from scratch (talking about sprites of course) blair dame sprite set,poison ,and taki (from 3d game series) 
the last one is aska from tmnt TF (by the way i stoped making aska until mid november i will get back to finish her,very busy right now )   

soo having played the game(kof,fatal fury street fighter etc) >getting some accurate(or original gameplay based mugen) character > making alternate sff(mounting graphics to  chars)> place them in  my rooster>(even not for soo real )getting the feeling of awesomenes having what i want in one place

soo in short yes i played fighting video games.....
#25  August 15, 2013, 05:29:49 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
Well, despite the fact that I don't really play MUGEN much, I do play quite a few fighting games, though some has been years since I've played them.

The fighting games I've played are/were:

Hisoutensoku (still do)
King of Fighters 2000/2001/2002/2003/XI/MI/2006 (Haven't touched any of these in forever)
Evil Zone (haven't touched in forever)
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (haven't touched in forever)
Street Fighter II (haven't touched in forever)
Street Fighter III: Third Strike (haven't touched in forever)
Street Fighter IV (haven't played in forever due to not owning)
Capcom Vs SNK 2 (haven't touched in forever)
Marvel vs Capcom 2 (haven't played in forever due to not owning)
Digimon Rumble Arena (haven't touched in forever)
Soul Calibur II/III/V (haven't touched in forever)
Street Fighter Alpha 3 (haven't touched in forever)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (haven't touched in forever)
Darkstalkers (haven't touched in forever)

And if you REALLY want to consider them, Playstation All-Stars and Super Smash Bros. 64/Brawl. So yeah, I've been around the block a bit with fighting games...
#26  August 15, 2013, 05:30:47 am
  • No guts No glory..
Real Bout Fatal Fury 3 or mark of the wolves 2 T___________T those should have really existed.......i think we all need them...arrrg SNK please!!!
#27  August 15, 2013, 05:31:47 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
You all talk of "played" but how many still play all they claim to have played. Barring Xen. That is the question this thread asks. There are several people who make baseless assumptions about games they have never touched here. That is the reason for this thread. To see who would actually step up and back themselves up so to speak.

I mean woof.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#28  August 15, 2013, 05:34:50 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Well, I gotta admit that right now I only play KOF13 (eventually) & TTT2. The rest... well... plenty of time passed since I played those. Gotta get a emulator but I always forgets. I need to play MOTW again.

Chilling
#29  August 15, 2013, 05:37:00 am
  • No guts No glory..
via pc emulators....
fatal fury 3
mark of the wolves
king of fighters 98(um version) still playing it
street fighter aplha 2(gold) and 3 (double upper) still playing it
soul calibur  (dc version ) still playing it
i think those  are the great survivors....those should be my top  played fighting games of all time
#30  August 15, 2013, 05:39:17 am
@Kame, more like. People post bizarre comments as facts or post false info. And they sound like they don't play or own the games. So I wondered if they actually do. Also you're never going to win COTY till you make MvC3 Kyo. Look I already gave you a million dollar idea. Orochinagi wall bounce. OTG Red Kick. but nevermined that shit cuz here comes MONGO.

But there is also the factor of people just being fans of the series, but they don't like or play the game. And then that enters another section to think about.

Like I want to know if people know the stuff they say are true or not. for example say someone says Aerial projectiles with Akuma in SF IV is cheap, do they not know you can simply walk up and sweep him when he lands? if you're close enough you could walk past it. If you don't make it in time, you would trade hits with Akuma, fireball to your face, sweep knockdown on Akuma?
#31  August 15, 2013, 05:39:59 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I guess I should back myself up and say that out of the list of games that I listed, the only ones that I'm pretty good at/remotely good at are Soul Calibur, Hisoutensoku, and CvS2. The rest I'm either semi-decent or decent. But again, a lot of them I haven't played in years (the most recent one being Hisoutensoku after a year of not playing, and on and off of playing at that. Still don't know why I still play that game either...wonder if anyone here actually plays it or plays it online. Hmmmm~)
#32  August 15, 2013, 05:42:21 am
Currently: Skullgirls Beta. Still terrible at it so it may as well be zilch. Whatever I played in the past is ancient history so it might as well not count at all.
#33  August 15, 2013, 05:45:54 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
And it will never count until you make it count brah
#34  August 15, 2013, 05:45:59 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#35  August 15, 2013, 05:47:23 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Off the top of my head *gasp*:

Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (been a while)
Rival Schools (play on occasion)
Zero Divide 1 and 2 (currently)
Survival Arts (currently)
Evil Zone (play on occasion)
Battle Monsters (been a while, mainly due to my Saturn having died out)
KOF 2000 (currently)
JJBA: Heritage for The Future (play on occasion)
Breakers Revenge (been a while)
Karnov's Revenge (been a while)
Garou (play on occasion)
Bloody Roar 2 (play on occasion)
Guilty Gear (currently playing the very first one, need to get Accent Core Plus)

The "on occasion" ones I'm decent, and the "been a while" are the ones I'm either semi-decent or I really need to get practice in.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#36  August 15, 2013, 05:48:47 am
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
#37  August 15, 2013, 05:50:20 am
  • Keeping mugen stupid
    • USA
    • fivehundrederrors@hotmail.com
Hmm the games I play:
Melty Blood which I occasionally play online with friends
Skullgirls which I play a lot recently
Kof13 I haven't touched it in a long while
Umvc3 I used to play it a ton and got good with every character but I'm not interested in it anymore
MsfvsSf my second fav in the mvc series
Arcana Heart 3 only played the pc version and I haven't touched it in a while
Street fighter 3 I played this a lot a while ago but haven't touched it in years
CvS2 I played it in an arcade once chose Claw/Ken/Yuri and that was it
#38  August 15, 2013, 05:50:31 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
this is all fine and dandy, but you guys saying you play fighters wont make up for those who do not and claim they do. That is truly where the problem lies. Until then I wag my tail in the opposite direction for sadness.
#39  August 15, 2013, 05:50:44 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#40  August 15, 2013, 05:52:36 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
this is all fine and dandy, but you guys saying you play fighters wont make up for those who do not and claim they do.
Is this actually a rampant problem? Because I honestly have no idea.