YesNoOk

someone could help me with this please  (Read 2489 times)

Started by yaret, February 08, 2014, 03:29:35 am
Share this topic:
someone could help me with this please
#1  February 08, 2014, 03:29:35 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
hello everybody.

I want to know if someone could help me with it, who knows more develop than me

I want to put the killer instint sound in my characters, when they do a combo say: hipper combo, great combo, master combo, I think you're understanding me :)

I have the common.snd and common.def where's the worlds be, I put those files into mugen data
but just working with kung fu man, when I tried out with another character doesn't work.

Someone told me I had to create a new code into the characters if I wanted to listen to the sound but I don't know so much about it

please help me.
Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:33:09 am by yaret
Re: someone could help me with this please
#2  February 12, 2014, 06:41:57 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
Correct.

There's no way to make MUGEN play sounds out of the box whenever certain combo conditions are reached, you have to program these type of functions in the CNS of individual characters.

There are characters out there that already do stuff like what you want, especially characters from the Marvel vs. Capcom series of games. Think of it this way: if these characters can display "Good!", "Wonderful!", "Amazing!" whenever certain combo conditions are met, then they can also play sounds. I would recommend looking at those for examples on how to do it.

A basic skeleton for this would be:

- Use a helper and a variable that keeps track of the enemy's gethitvar(hitcount) (to detect combo size)
- Reset the variable whenever a combo is over (enemy returns to idle)
- Play sounds dependong on how big the combo was (using your variable from point #1).

Hope this helps.
Re: someone could help me with this please
#3  February 12, 2014, 05:30:09 pm
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
Thanks I could do it. :) I just had to see what kung fu man had, than the others characters didn't have, :D and I could see the code :) and I did the same copied common code into characters :) this is the resolved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpqWkrgWIgI