YesNoOk

Taskmaster Updated 6/22/19 - Gouken and Grant Updated (Read 29387 times)

Started by Infinite Daze, June 15, 2019, 03:12:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Taskmaster
#21  June 17, 2019, 07:16:57 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
After doing some more extensive testing, I still see the same problems I mentioned before. Also a few more things I noticed right after:
-Sword swing sounds sound lower during standing MP, standing HP, crouching WP, and crouching MP (They sound fine during the basic jumping attacks and the normal swing sounds are louder too).
-The voice clips are too low and hard to hear during some moves.
-Jumping MP causes M.U.G.E.N to lag for a second if it connects to the opponent whether it hits or blocked (Probably an issue when using 1.0).
-A dash effect should appear when doing Sting Master.
-Sting Master also lags during the animation when the opponent is hit (Another 1.0 issue).
-Counter effect appears after the parry during Guard Master (You can hear the sound when the counter was successful, but the effect doesn't appear until after).

You might want to take a look at these.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#22  June 17, 2019, 07:38:32 am
  • Osu!
  • Dragon Destiny Project
    • Brazil
In one of the Intros, he swings his sword three times as he says something. In the second swing, the cover stays static in the air, it is strange because it is clearly seen that the movement is not natural because it should rock even when it is stopped (as I mentioned before, this is due to the number of sprites it has, I know).

Maybe if you make him swing his sword quickly 3 times, all at once, does not the movement become more natural? In my view this is not only an aesthetic error, but it is also a physical error (the cover should move).

PS: I do not know if they have reported this, but this is a detail that needs to be fixed.
#23  June 17, 2019, 09:11:41 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
    • infiniteff.forumotion.com/
After doing some more extensive testing, I still see the same problems I mentioned before. Also a few more things I noticed right after:
What are the problems that you mentioned earlier, I looked and didn't see anything?
-Sword swing sounds sound lower during standing MP, standing HP, crouching WP, and crouching MP (They sound fine during the basic jumping attacks and the normal swing sounds are louder too).
Fixed
-The voice clips are too low and hard to hear during some moves.
If you can get me some better Taskmaster voice clips I will use them. I have his volumescale on his voice set to 500 that's the best I can do with his voice clips right now.
-Jumping MP causes M.U.G.E.N to lag for a second if it connects to the opponent whether it hits or blocked (Probably an issue when using 1.0).
I tested in 1.0 didn't have lag on my end, you might want to check your 1.0 cfg file and edit numhelpers allowed or explods or increase the buffer time because I checked in my 1.0 and 1.1 and didn't see lag on my laptop.
-A dash effect should appear when doing Sting Master.
I originally had a dash fx on his sting master but it didn't look good... probably because his animation he doesn't step off the ground and barely moves his legs. I added a dash end anim and sound to it to give it a sense of velocity.
-Sting Master also lags during the animation when the opponent is hit (Another 1.0 issue).
same thing as I said for JMP.
-Counter effect appears after the parry during Guard Master (You can hear the sound when the counter was successful, but the effect doesn't appear until after).
I had a pausetime on it to make the counter seem more dramatic but I'll take it off so the block sound and counter fx match up more.

In one of the Intros, he swings his sword three times as he says something. In the second swing, the cover stays static in the air, it is strange because it is clearly seen that the movement is not natural because it should rock even when it is stopped (as I mentioned before, this is due to the number of sprites it has, I know).

Maybe if you make him swing his sword quickly 3 times, all at once, does not the movement become more natural? In my view this is not only an aesthetic error, but it is also a physical error (the cover should move).

PS: I do not know if they have reported this, but this is a detail that needs to be fixed.
I tweaked the fx on that and animation, I think that is what you are talking about.
#24  June 17, 2019, 09:15:16 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home

I'm not bumping the Leona thread so I'll ask here.
I'm not keen on the Orochi/Red Hair switching, it's too instant, maybe add a quick flash or somethin sinister?
Still, thanks for the updates and I'm hyped for Shingo.

EDIT: I might be able to help with the voice clips.
EDIT2: EX Sword Master has an interrupted EX Sound.
Final Edit: Why is the Level 3 Pause Sound muffled?
Grand Final Edit: The Arrow FX could use with a disappear effect, it snapping could work.
Definitive Edit: I can't seem to do the Sword Master followups, I just cancel into supers.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:04:43 pm by RagingRowen
#25  June 17, 2019, 11:05:08 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
EDIT: I might be able to help with the voice clips.
cool
EDIT2: EX Sword Master has an interrupted EX Sound.
fixed
Final Edit: Why is the Level 3 Pause Sound muffled?
probably because it has a voice sound with a 500 volumescale playing at the same time so i changed his voice clip to animelem=2
Grand Final Edit: The Arrow FX could use with a disappear effect, it snapping could work.
What?
#26  June 17, 2019, 11:12:21 pm
    • UK

WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:35:58 pm by RagingRowen
#27  June 18, 2019, 12:04:07 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
It appears you missed my Definitive edit.
For the Grand Final, I was talking about when the Arrows just disappear upon collision without any Animations.
The arrows shrink and and fade out upon collision, don't have a impact fx for the arrow sprites, but I can make the fade in the shrinking quicker, I guess.
https://mega.nz/#!G6AQDADB!vxYHjIoiFjsBO4jLxdUFmsvyTZlxJOHU-hCk5_1FojI Here's the new SND file, amplified the voice samples and changed the muffled SFX.
Thanks RagingRowen, Added.
#28  June 18, 2019, 12:09:53 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Aegis Counter can still stop grab-type moves, even though the Shoryuken page you linked to says it can't. Final Injustice's pacing is unchanged too, but I guess that's how you want it, which is fine.
#29  June 18, 2019, 01:53:19 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#30  June 18, 2019, 02:01:11 am
    • UK

You can ignore my complaints about the Sword Master, I was trying to do the inputs from the normal hit instead of the Headbutt.
It wasn't made clear in the Readme that the Lights Out stuff came after the Headbutt.
Also when 13 was talking about the Injustice pacing I think he also meant the part where the opponent is being thrown upwards before being knocked back down.
You should also maybe adds some arrows to the black screen part before they are seen hitting the opponent below, because it looks awkward.
WIP Schedule:
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 02:06:50 am by RagingRowen
#31  June 18, 2019, 02:37:58 am
    • USA
    • YouTube.com/MugenX000
Yeah, it was just the second half of it, from the final stab to Taskmaster knocking them back down, it's so slow compared to the rest of the attack.

On the topic of animations, I think you should tweak Judo Throw a bit. Taskmaster seems to shoot just a second too early, so it makes it look like the opponent is actually landing on the gun's muzzle flash.
#32  June 18, 2019, 06:02:26 am
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
#33  June 18, 2019, 06:49:05 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Not bad, I must say. A little more on the fun side... Had some cool ideas with him (may or may not work, lmao) but here's some stuff. Hope you like it I suppose :/

Combos n stuff:
https://streamable.com/rb37b
https://streamable.com/ljb9b
https://streamable.com/lppbo
https://streamable.com/r74zs

Those last two combos are sick. This is why I'm glad Infinite accepted my commission for this character. Taskmaster be dirty with the combos. If only the A.I can implement something like those.
#34  June 18, 2019, 08:24:27 am
    • USA
What are the problems that you mentioned earlier, I looked and didn't see anything?
No, no, the voice and the sword swings sounds were it. I mentioned it before on this topic and was missed when I was quoting Project.13 regarding the counter super. That's all, nothing else.

I tested in 1.0 didn't have lag on my end, you might want to check your 1.0 cfg file and edit numhelpers allowed or explods or increase the buffer time because I checked in my 1.0 and 1.1 and didn't see lag on my laptop.
I kept mine on the default settings on whatever Akito and OldGamer's Capcom vs. SNK Mugen screenpack was set on and didn't want to mess with it if something goes wrong. I had a similar issue like that where sound effects cuts off until OHMSBY asked me to change the wavchannels to a higher number than what it's supposed to be. Which now works fine and no longer have sound issues. Should I do the same with the numhelpers and explods? I just find it weird when a simple basic attack causes lag when some characters doesn't and some of their moves have rapid hits and don't lag at all. Even tried it on 1.1 and doesn't have that issue at all. That's why it's either a 1.0 thing or could be my computer.

Those last two combos are sick. This is why I'm glad Infinite accepted my commission for this character. Taskmaster be dirty with the combos. If only the A.I can implement something like those.
And thank you for asking that commission from him. PotS style Taskmaster wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for you. I'm grateful for that. :)

Edit: While I was playing, I found a bug:

This happened when I used his crouching HP during Custom Combo and he's frozen like this until the opponent hits him. Also, I should mention that his 3rd slash swing during his 1st intro and the one with Marvel characters still sounds low. I didn't find these bugs until now.
Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 09:20:44 am by SolidZone 26
#35  June 18, 2019, 04:25:58 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
No, no, the voice and the sword swings sounds were it. I mentioned it before on this topic and was missed when I was quoting Project.13 regarding the counter super. That's all, nothing else.
Ok
I kept mine on the default settings on whatever Akito and OldGamer's Capcom vs. SNK Mugen screenpack was set on and didn't want to mess with it if something goes wrong. I had a similar issue like that where sound effects cuts off until OHMSBY asked me to change the wavchannels to a higher number than what it's supposed to be. Which now works fine and no longer have sound issues. Should I do the same with the numhelpers and explods? I just find it weird when a simple basic attack causes lag when some characters doesn't and some of their moves have rapid hits and don't lag at all. Even tried it on 1.1 and doesn't have that issue at all. That's why it's either a 1.0 thing or could be my computer.
Yes you might also want to increase the LayeredSpriteMax,  SpriteDecompressionBufferSize, ExplodMax , SysExplodMax, PlayerProjectileMax, the more powerful your PC is the more you can increase them. I always edit my mugen.cfg when I get a new mugen screenpack because it might limit the graphics depending on who put together the cfg file and what kind of machine they were using.

Edit: While I was playing, I found a bug:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
This happened when I used his crouching HP during Custom Combo and he's frozen like this until the opponent hits him. Also, I should mention that his 3rd slash swing during his 1st intro and the one with Marvel characters still sounds low. I didn't find these bugs until now.
Fixed
#36  June 19, 2019, 02:08:20 am
    • USA
Yes you might also want to increase the LayeredSpriteMax,  SpriteDecompressionBufferSize, ExplodMax , SysExplodMax, PlayerProjectileMax, the more powerful your PC is the more you can increase them. I always edit my mugen.cfg when I get a new mugen screenpack because it might limit the graphics depending on who put together the cfg file and what kind of machine they were using.
I see. Never knew it's possible to change that probably because I never touch it. Although, the cfg doesn't mention anything about a maximum limit and what number should I put them on. Then again if it does, OHMSBY tells me to ignore it and just put the highest number I can think of. Feels like I'm still learning something new about M.U.G.E.N even though it's been there for years. 1.1 uses the GPU which is why there's little to no lag. But if it's possible to make 1.0 run similar just by changing a few things on the cfg, it's makes me want to use 1.1 less.

So, I may have encountered another bug by accident. Taskmaster can forward dash before the round starts. He can perform any attacks and can do supers right after, but they stop automatically when the fight animation appears. A lot of messy things can happen just because of the dash. I tested on Jotaro as well and he did the same thing. Luckily, Leona and Blue Mary doesn't have those bugs because they have running animations.

Speaking about Jotaro, I forgot to mention he switches back automatically while being hit during Platinum Light without the revert animation playing. Figured I posted that here instead of bumping his topic again.
#37  June 19, 2019, 04:09:20 am
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
Not bad, I must say. A little more on the fun side... Had some cool ideas with him (may or may not work, lmao) but here's some stuff. Hope you like it I suppose :/

Nice combos, I might need to tweak his EX arrow damage.

So, I may have encountered another bug by accident. Taskmaster can forward dash before the round starts. He can perform any attacks and can do supers right after, but they stop automatically when the fight animation appears. A lot of messy things can happen just because of the dash. I tested on Jotaro as well and he did the same thing. Luckily, Leona and Blue Mary doesn't have those bugs because they have running animations.
Fixed, it was the dash canceling that I added to Jotaro and Task, I had forgot to put a ctrl trigger and a roundstate trigger.

Speaking about Jotaro, I forgot to mention he switches back automatically while being hit during Platinum Light without the revert animation playing. Figured I posted that here instead of bumping his topic again.
If the return animation doesn't play a star platinum fx will come up for the return even in hit state. I slowed it down a little to make it more visible.

Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:27:06 am by Infinite Intel.
#38  June 19, 2019, 02:35:24 pm
After winning match he takes a long time to do win poses.
#39  June 19, 2019, 11:04:51 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - dainfinite
#40  June 20, 2019, 04:13:41 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
There is a strange charging (power up) glitch I've been noticing with the A.I. It just sits there and charges without moving. I've seen Krauser do it first months ago but now that I see Taskmaster doing it I thought I'd bring it to notice. It happens when they charge at the same time I think:

Could it be add004 that's causing it?