YesNoOk

NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread (Read 1687054 times)

Started by Saikoro, August 31, 2013, 07:27:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: NoZ's Legacy Custom Portrait Thread
#81  September 06, 2013, 12:23:13 am
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
:)
But you'll never feel the true achievement of the work. ;)

After it, this is not so important when you see the quality of stuff you are working on, Romeo! You're awesome!  :eaugh:
#82  September 06, 2013, 12:35:30 am
  • Portrait maker/AI coder
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
Well i learned from the best  ;) i know some guys back at the warzone thread who are very talented, give awesome feedback and are faithful friends.
#83  September 06, 2013, 01:29:29 am
  • constructive criticism welcomed
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com

Perfection is a myth, always strive to be better
My Ports: http://mugennoobin.imgur.com
#84  September 06, 2013, 02:01:30 am
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
NEVAAAAA muahahahahaaaa

LOL but seriously imagine the possibilities noobin, filters, blending, transparency and zillions more, heck even your most hated sketching would work, all would have failed miserably after indexing.
#85  September 06, 2013, 02:10:57 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I can never explain how much i hate "indexing" now, instead of unleashing creativity with full colors, it wastes a huge amount of time just cleaning and never getting the results you hoped for, in short "1.1 will rule very fast"

No. No. NO. You're thinking the wrong way. While 1.1 may allow for "super happy shiny 32bit" images, you can't beat an image that was worked on to make it shine. Regardless of bitrate, you're still going to have to pay for quality. Want the easy way out?? Sure, spend 30 minutes on something. But the end result will show no matter how much you dress it up with filters. Romeo, this is one of the only times I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Hopefully. ;D

Think of a portrait as you would a window: your window (portrait) will always be broken no matter what kind of curtain or blinds (filters) you apply to it. Hence your image will suck if you spend little time cleaning it up, 8 or 32 bit. And filters/transparencies/effects only compliment your work.

Don't get lazy.

Hephaistos and Noobin got the right idea.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#86  September 06, 2013, 02:26:08 am
    • USA
So then, how do you make a portrait not look totally messed up when you index it? Ya know, what tools and stuff do you all use for that stuff, because I have no idea how to fix it.
#87  September 06, 2013, 02:44:29 am
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
No saikoro you got me wrong i'm not looking to get lazy but i'm looking for the next step in mugen art, possibilities that were not even possible before, you could clean up what is already good but needs some attention but indexing just mess what is already good and you waste valuable time trying to get it back  to it's already good stat if you know what i mean, any way any comments on Terry?

@urrnge click the link in saikoro's sig, he has a small tutorial on how to clean pics after indexing

NoZ

#88  September 06, 2013, 03:02:45 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
I'm never indexing anything for mugen EVER,the same amount of work some people used to for the old indexed images can be put to use on the new 32 bit options,the reality is the options now are limitless when it comes to art in mugen and if you can't accept that sadly you will be left behind,instead of feeling useless now that the new fancy format has come I advice people to just take your current knowledge and evolve,put that experience to use with the new format,cause if you made it look good indexed you sure as hell can make it look even better in 32 bit,don't be stubborn as a mule and move on
#89  September 06, 2013, 03:10:53 am
    • USA
Oh okay, I didn't notice that Romeo. :D
So basically, you just use the paint brush tool to get the colors to- wait a minute...

Rather, work for a single portrait increases and may take up to 10 hours or more between cleaning up a main template and then cleaning up an indexed, finalized/formatted image that follows.

Oh no thank you!  I certainly don't have that sort of patience, especially for just a single image. Didn't realize making portraits needed that much work put into it. That's pretty cool though.

Also, you don't have to index with 1.1? So you could take png and put it straight into MUGEN right?
#90  September 06, 2013, 04:26:33 am
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
@Saikoro: thats what i did, i apreciate the new features of 1.1 i'll admit, but from the knowledge ive gained from 1.0 work it takes the 1.1 port making to a whole new level, like NoZ said, and i agree with him on that, for example lets say Sai, you are a beast in 1.0 hands down, imagine taking your skills and applying them to 1.1(like i did), hence, all my images now, i know exactly what needs touched up, what tweaks to make an overall awesome image look EVEN better than just a standard thrown together 1.1 port, thats( and not to make anyone upset or come off as a douche, or show elitism) where we are different from the new port makers, yes, their stuff kicks ass, but the knowledge we have gained to pass down to them, we can now use on a WHOLE new level instead of putting out a port that kicks ass, ours just rips the whole intestines out. thats why ya im still 1.0 at heart, but what makes me take so long on 1.1 ports is that i'm utilizing all i've learned from 1.0 and applying all the steps you've shown me to now be able to make a damn near limitless style of art. but still 1.0 forever >:D

#91  September 06, 2013, 05:13:16 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
You all make very valid points, and I do not disagree with any of you.

However, I am still going to spend a relentless amount of time cleaning my stuff up regardless of what anyone thinks or says. My results speak for themselves just as all of your 32-bit does (in droves!!). Any kind of blemish drives me insane, and that can be said for a lot of images that are in .jpeg formatting: downgrading with a lot of pixelation (Do a Google search on SSF2HD art and you'll see what I mean). So yes, 1.1 is better. 1.1 does allow for a lot of things. You guys are proving that. But if the image you sourced has a lot of distortion on it, I'm still going to clean the shit out of it.

Also, I'm also still going to be doing my 8-bit thing, while saving all of my initial work as templates/renders, so when the time is right, I can go apeshit with 1.1 stuff. Until then, I'll sit in my established crazy corner and do as I have for all of this time. I also do not want my Mugen collection to have 1/3rd 8-bit and 2/3rds 32-bit. I want stuff to match, hence my stance on sticking with old school mentality.

On the flip side of my insanity, you guys are really doing a lot of great work and I cannot stress that enough. Really. Please keep it coming as Mugen really deserves this type of recognition through all of your hard work. It's always a pleasure to see what you guys can cook up!! :thumbsup:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#92  September 06, 2013, 06:01:40 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I'm never indexing anything for mugen EVER,the same amount of work some people used to for the old indexed images can be put to use on the new 32 bit options,the reality is the options now are limitless when it comes to art in mugen and if you can't accept that sadly you will be left behind,instead of feeling useless now that the new fancy format has come I advice people to just take your current knowledge and evolve,put that experience to use with the new format,cause if you made it look good indexed you sure as hell can make it look even better in 32 bit,don't be stubborn as a mule and move on
So all of the images in your screenpack are PNGs?
#93  September 06, 2013, 08:21:11 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
Nameless

@Quickfist: Here you go bro!
Noobin made one already so I didn't want to use the same art as him.

I also thought I'd bring over my past Menu ports from the other thread since this is the place for them.

M. Bison
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Ryo
Psylocke
Guy
Kairi
Jill #1
Jill#2
Terry Bogard
Genjuro
Joe
Stryder
Mai
Marco
K'
Ryu
Rock
Ken
Gouken

damn I made a shit load, and I've only just begun (also made two others but there on this tread already) sorry for the long post  :o
#94  September 06, 2013, 08:26:37 am
    • USA
    • mugennoobin.imgur.com
ya thats what  said when i saw your list i was like well shit we done did so many its crazy, that nameless is awesome, id still have to say my absolute fave is your Marco

#95  September 06, 2013, 08:40:38 am
  • RISSSSSSIIIIINNNNGGGGG TACO!!!
    • USA
ya thats what  said when i saw your list i was like well shit we done did so many its crazy, that nameless is awesome, id still have to say my absolute fave is your Marco

Its funny because were jusy getting  started! Haha.
Glad you like it.
Your Rose has to be my favorite from your work man.

NoZ

#96  September 06, 2013, 12:35:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
So all of the images in your screenpack are PNGs?

Yes
#97  September 06, 2013, 01:23:59 pm
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
@Hungry Wolf all are great but my most favorite is Genjuro, great samurai impression.

@Saikoro sorry my friend i started this debate on 1.1 but i was surprised of the results made with filters, don't get me wrong cause you sure know I'm still indexing my war zone ports, still using 1.0 and i even don't have fighter factory, I'm using an old tool called MCM to import the portraits and the old program doesn't even read png's, it only reads pcx's, so i was only talking about the evolution, it will happen eventually, nothing we can do.

@Mugen noobin Hope you consider me an old port maker   :devilish:

NoZ

#98  September 06, 2013, 02:18:27 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Not yet Romeo,not yet,but at this pace you will get there,keep up the good work and say hi to your kid for me
#99  September 06, 2013, 02:42:41 pm
    • Egypt
    • romeotantan.webs.com/
I know Noz i was just joking  :) my purple star is still fresh, as for my kid you made him happy with the wazone masterpiece, he tells me that the game is much much better now using it, actually warzone brought me back to mugen after 3 years of watching from the shadows, a simple thank you is not enough, as we say in arabic "shokran ya zaeem"

NoZ

#100  September 06, 2013, 03:52:19 pm
    • Puerto Rico
If my work can make a kid happy then it's all good,you have something to enjoy with him and that is also good,nothing like a good old fashioned father and son time,a lot of kids don't have this so I commend you on that