C. VIPER (Read 146753 times)

Started by MGMURROW, November 30, 2012, 01:44:45 am
Re: C. VIPER
#21  December 18, 2012, 06:35:38 pm
  • SNK is life
#22  December 18, 2012, 11:43:16 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Too bad...
I could be so cool to kick several asses playing her...
Perhaps the sprites can be used in an alternative version for regular mugen...

Good job
#23  December 18, 2012, 11:51:55 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
LOL!... we got trolled I see lol....
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#24  December 19, 2012, 07:23:03 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
How are you being trolled exactly? Coz you know... last time I checked... this was under the full game section.
#25  December 19, 2012, 05:08:46 pm
  • SNK is life
Because Felo pimping out his Viper sprites wasn't necessarily in here only, we thought it was an open mugen project.

Although I may be confused, since I know about this Viper from other private conversations.
#26  December 19, 2012, 05:10:47 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
It says "not of yet", maybe after release he changes his mind.
#27  December 19, 2012, 05:28:02 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
Oh. Wow, what a discussion O_O

OK, about Viper: She was/is/will be Open Source. Aside CFAS, there will be at least 2 versions more. And I think someone wants to make her with a "so liked style". So, don't worry. Anyway, CFAS demo has the character folders available, so I guess it will be possible to play with her in regular mugen.

Ricco: Exclusive to the project is the guy I'm making a crazy colour separation :P
I swear there was something cool here!!
#28  December 19, 2012, 05:31:48 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
So, i cant wait to see her in action! Crhistmas gift??? LOL
#29  December 19, 2012, 05:46:55 pm

DW

#30  December 19, 2012, 06:23:00 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
First, let me say, she's looking great. Very nice in game from those pics. I look forward to when she's finished, sprite-wise.

Second, this is a bit off topic, but I'm going to say this at Shinra as well with testing and all. So far, all the chars SFFs are RIDICULOUSLY huge. I mean, none of them are even hi-res. Essentially CPS2/CVS styled sprites. So, why is Chun-Li's SFF OVER 84,000 KB? With Ryu and Cap Command somewhere around 60,000+. I really don't see the need for such huge SFFs.
#31  December 21, 2012, 12:50:37 am
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Even 75% complete she would be a nice gift! :)
#32  December 21, 2012, 10:08:55 pm
Awesome! Can't wait to see how CAPCOM steals FeLo's work, stamp a "CAPCOM aproved" seal on it and include her on a future game. (Street Fighter X MegaMan anyone...?)

Kudos to you, guys.
#33  December 22, 2012, 09:55:59 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Awesome! Can't wait to see how CAPCOM steals FeLo's work, stamp a "CAPCOM aproved" seal on it and include her on a future game. (Street Fighter X MegaMan anyone...?)

Kudos to you, guys.

I second this statement.

They're going to do the same thing with that "Darkstalkers" contest they've got going on.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME

hjk

#34  December 25, 2012, 12:02:04 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Just a question.

- Are you going to add new moves to Viper, because her current moveset is a little impractical(weak/disadvantageous) from a competitive (AI) Mugen standpoint?
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#35  December 25, 2012, 04:21:28 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Just a question.

- Are you going to add new moves to Viper, because her current moveset is a little impractical(weak/disadvantageous) from a competitive (AI) Mugen standpoint?

Spoken like somebody who has never played a game she's in.  Viper is high/top tier in BOTH SSF4AE AND Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

hjk

#36  December 25, 2012, 05:06:12 am
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Spoken like somebody who has never played a game she's in.  Viper is high/top tier in BOTH SSF4AE AND Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
No fool. Read the quote again.
I know about her SSF4 tier standing... that's not going to hold up well in Mugen aka, I was planning on making an AI patch for her, but I have enough insight to recognize that her SSF4 movelist isn't going to cut it.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 05:27:25 am by hjk
#37  December 25, 2012, 08:33:18 am
    • https://sites.google.com/site/mgmurrow/
Yes, Viper will have new moves. how many depend on how much Felo "approves" seeing he is making the sprites. I have alot of things planned for her but we will have to see how it comes to light. As for the AI, we haven't discussed that from the project standpoint but as for my stand alone C. Viper, her AI will be up to par with all my releases.

Hope i answered your questions

MGMURROW
#38  December 25, 2012, 12:42:54 pm

It was something I wanted to give her, but then I realized that:

- Thunder Knuckle has different properties depending on which button you hit: Light has the abbility to cross through projectiles, but it can be easily blocked. Mid it's the same as light, but not that easy to block, and can break a defense. And finally, her Hard one has the properties of a juggle/uppercut where you can easily go for an air strategy(if timed correctly). It also has the property of a reversal. Both Mid and hard hs the properties to be cancelled, so combo strategies can go from them.

- Burning Kick: It can negate projectiles. Also, it starts slow, soit's a bit risky to do it in the ground. But if for example, your rival makes a crouch attack, you can evade it(~then combo). Aside that, its aerial version can be comb-able from a Seismic Hammer.

- Seismic Hammer: It's, for me, the most useless mvoement of her list, it's like a "hey! don't get that far from me!", which is pretty useful against those people who gets in the corner and "hadoooken-hadooooken-hadooooken[/Loop]". This, and  being a starter for combos from Burning Kick. Even from light thunder kunckle. Or even for combinig it with one of her ultras.

Aside that, I'm open to any ideas, so feel free to comment. I would include her EYEBEAM! from MvC3 only if I find a vid where it's shown, but no luck ATM.

- MGMURROW: tell me your ideas!

#39  December 25, 2012, 02:51:52 pm
#40  December 25, 2012, 03:44:52 pm
Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 06:10:44 pm by Drex