YesNoOk

Creating something simple, K.O CG (Read 2551 times)

Started by Plum, August 12, 2018, 12:09:20 am
Share this topic:
Creating something simple, K.O CG
#1  August 12, 2018, 12:09:20 am
  • Variables > Boyfriends
I'm looking to put the final touches on a character I've worked on daily for nearly a month now.

I've been searching around and trying to find guides and tutorials for coding an image to appear in the BG when a char/player is defeated. I've been reading almost everywhere I've found that this is simple code but haven't found a guide... I've tried using other characters with animated K.Os and when I paste the code to the cns/txt and create the animation for it, still nothing still appears on screen.

If anyone could just point me to an actual tutorial other than the ones on Super Combo Finisher K.Os that I keep finding, then I'd be grateful. I just want to learn how to code K.Os, the only thing I can think is that it really is as /easy/ as so many have said, that it just doesn't have a tutorial on it due to its simplicity.

Re: Creating something simple, K.O CG
#2  August 12, 2018, 01:35:44 pm
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

So this is a pretty standard way of doing the hyper combo finish background.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Your triggerall will be different, or not there. My anim 9999 is actually the animated explosion effect. Some people use 9999 as a blank animation*
The trigger1 should give you some clues as to what you want to spawn your stuff.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  August 12, 2018, 05:58:16 pm
to explain a bit more what odb718 wrote
[State -3, Super bg]
type = explod
triggerall = Stateno = [3000,3999] ;<--- range of states that could activate "K.O" effect, 3 to 4k is standar but if u have a different super (lets say 2500 include it)
trigger1 = (Roundstate = 3) && (NumExplod(9999) < 1) && (P2Life <= 0) && (Life > 0)
; "roundstate= 2 is when the fight is active so "3" is when it changes to next phase (aka match over. see the docs)
;  (NumExplod(9999) < 1) this is to instantiate the animation with the ID only once (lets say there is an animation using that ID it wont show up)
ID = 9999 ;ID of anim
anim = 9999 ; animation to display
postype = left ; read the docs for more info on how to use the new features in mugen 1.0 or 1.1 in case this "fit" doesnt work for you, there are various ways of positioning
pos = 0, 0
bindtime = -1
removetime = -2
supermovetime = -1
sprpriority = -4
ownpal = 1

[State -3, Super bg] ; this removes the stuff displayed with the ID
type = removeexplod
trigger1 = Roundstate = 4
ID = 9999

generally is good to use the same animation Number as ID NÂș of the "explod"
other people put this inside a "helper" and then "spawn" the helper, if u do that u can use the same triggers (NumHelper(HelperID) < 1)

#4  August 13, 2018, 12:32:33 am
  • Variables > Boyfriends
Okay I must have read this thing ten times over, and thankfully I understand most of it... I think. Odb718, thanks for taking the time, and fant4smas I really /really/ appreciate you giving explicit detail. I tried using the code in the /helper/ cns, but I still can't get it activate, I made my 9999 animation and still nothing. I can only guess that animation and states aren't the same, seems obvious that they aren't since 3000, 3100, & 3200(animations) are the three supers this character has and none of them seem to work even when I used the triggerall = Stateno = [3000,3999]  I honestly can't tell what I'm doing wrong or if I just have it in the wrong place. I'll try moving it to a different cns again, I've been messing around with it for a few hours with no luck.

I also just tried copying and pasting the code into the statedef -3 as well, with no success either.
#5  August 14, 2018, 09:09:47 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA

It goes in statedef -3.
Comment out the triggerall, and comment out the removeexplod.

The animation needs to have it's top left corner at 0,0 in the air.

If you still dont get it to work. You'll need to backtrack until you get it going. Then move forward.
I'd suggest changing the trigger1 up and testing them in order.

;triggerall = Stateno = [3000,3999] ;Make sure you're using the right State numbers and not animations. If you want animations, switch this.
trigger1 = (P2Life <= 0)
;trigger1 = (NumExplod(9999) < 1)
;trigger1 = (Life > 0)
;trigger1 = (Roundstate = 3)

^^^This should spawn it a thousand times over and over if P2 is dead. If it comes on screen comment IN the next one. The last should be the triggerall.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#6  September 02, 2018, 12:55:16 am
  • Variables > Boyfriends
I meant to come back and say thanks to everyone, I really appreciate it.
Also I'd forgotten to set this topic to solved. ^^"