YesNoOk

Epoch of Anarchy 2.0 (Read 70088 times)

Started by davismaximus, December 15, 2012, 06:12:02 am
Share this topic:
Re: Epoch of Anarchy 2.0
#21  December 23, 2012, 02:17:57 am
Thanks for the tip Yuyustar, when I release the update, I'll try re-tagging the mp3s to see if it will fly under their detection system.  If not, I'll just have to find somewhere else to host it, along with all my other crap.

Speaking of the update, I've been working on the mega-slot version and the stage Max suggested.  Here's a couple pics:

As you can see, the mega-slot version holds 366 characters.  You can squeeze a few more in if you want, or take some out if need be.
#22  December 23, 2012, 02:32:04 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice man i very like it what is this strider is it infinite one
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#23  December 23, 2012, 02:33:11 am
Nope, it's Syn's.
#24  December 23, 2012, 02:36:49 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
I'm curious, is that your stage WIP @ the bottom pic Davis?
#25  December 23, 2012, 02:56:01 am
Yep, it's basically the select screen re-coded as a stage.  It'll be included with the update.
#26  December 23, 2012, 02:57:45 pm
Fan and user of your original version.  Are you going to do a remake of the other select screen with the different game name catagories?
#27  December 29, 2012, 08:55:29 pm
Links updated with newest version.  New stuff includes:
-Epoch default stage
-New Power Level sounds, up to Level 3
-Increased volume on all announcer sounds
-366 slot version
-New custom portraits
-Removed some unnecessary sprites and code

Let me know if the mediafire link still gives you trouble, I cut down and re-tagged the mp3s so hopefully that will get around their shenanigans.

@guy-zero32k4:
I have no plans to redo the Category Select version right now.  Sorry, but it's too much work for the time being.
Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 08:59:36 pm by davismaximus
#28  December 29, 2012, 11:48:07 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sweet man, now to add on another great master piece.
#29  December 30, 2012, 07:58:39 pm
 the screenpack looks great but when using the 366 slot version i've noticed the small portraits on the vs screen look blurry and  a bit crappy,i think its the resolution and not your fault.replacing 366 small portraits with hd small portraits would take forever so i think i will use the 148 slot version for now.any plans any other slot versions ?
#30  December 30, 2012, 09:09:15 pm
Yeah that kinda comes with the territory when having that many slots.  No plans for any other slots, but I did make it fairly simple to adjust them yourself.
#31  December 31, 2012, 06:37:51 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

I just picked up the update this morning.

Way to go on making and releasing that default stage Davis!

Excellent work as always.  :2thumbsup:
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#32  January 05, 2013, 09:56:41 am
  • fuck me right in the street
    • USA
Wow! really narly screenpack! I remember using the original Epoch of Anarchy a while ago definitely gonna check this out! nice work man!

BTW, Do you plan on adding a categories version? That was probably the one I used the most on the older Epoch of Anarchy...
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:40:10 am by Reck
#33  January 05, 2013, 08:27:14 pm
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Updated the Mediafire link.  Re-tagging the mp3s didn't work, so I just uploaded a version with no music included.  Sorry for any inconveniences.

@Reck:
Unfortunately no, I don't plan on doing the category version at this time.  Long story short, I lost a bunch of resources and don't feel like going back and finding them.

Also, for anyone who cares, expect some more portraits for the custom select screen soon. 
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:30:26 pm by davismaximus
#34  January 05, 2013, 08:42:16 pm
    • USA
Thank you for the replies, everyone.  Updated the Mediafire link.  Re-tagging the mp3s didn't work, so I just uploaded a version with no music included.  Sorry for any inconveniences.

@Reck:
Unfortunately no, I don't plan on doing the category version at this time.  Long story short, I lost a bunch of resources and don't feel like going back and finding them.

Also, for anyone who cares, expect some more portraits for the custom select screen soon. 

You should start a custom portrait thread, so you and other users can show off their creations, like what Saikoro did for NoZ's WarZone Screenpack.
Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 08:46:16 pm by Reck
#35  January 05, 2013, 09:03:30 pm
I don't think a special thread is needed.  I was just planning on adding them here, and if anyone else feels inclined to may as well.  I'll also keep the first thread updated so people won't have to sift through the thread to find what they're looking for.
#36  January 05, 2013, 09:20:06 pm
    • USA
I don't think a special thread is needed.  I was just planning on adding them here, and if anyone else feels inclined to may as well.  I'll also keep the first thread updated so people won't have to sift through the thread to find what they're looking for.

Pretty smart I suppose. The best of luck to you!
#37  January 05, 2013, 11:03:30 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
omg, I'm thinking about coming work here.
#38  January 06, 2013, 02:58:18 am
Added Portrait Pack 01 to the first post, along with a list of who's included.  Some characters do not have a Victory Portrait, due to either my laziness or a lack of source material.  Here's a couple examples:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

@Hephaistos31:
Have at it, and if you have any questions about the templates, just ask!
#39  January 06, 2013, 05:29:16 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Finally got around to this. While I'm not fond of the darker look I do like what you did with the fonts and the names in the select, looks better than having them float there without any border, also the static background is a ncie touch. Lifebars are definitely an improvement from the last version I like what you added to them, such as the gradient red next to their portrait. My issues are the fog and the select screen doesn't have that projector from the last version. The fog is pretty bright and I feel it clashes too much with the darker tone of the screenpack, darker or less fog would work better.

As for the projector things, these are what I mean

They added nice technological feeling to the last version which I feel is really lacking in this release. It would have been nice to see them struggling to power up and flicker on and off to show the state of ruin the place is in currently, just to add more to the atmosphere I guess.
#40  January 06, 2013, 08:03:16 am
Not to sound butthurt or anything, I just figured I'd go over the design changes made for the update. 

The darker look was the tone I was going for originally, I just didn't have the means to pull it off.  I suppose the vibe I wanted was that of a wayward entity...essentially on it's last legs...searching for the best candidate to help defeat an ultimate evil.  That kind of translated into an errant space station that housed all of the fighters and blah blah blah...you get the idea.

As for the projectors, there were a few reasons why I got rid of them.  Firstly, I wanted to differentiate between the select screen and VS screen portraits, as I felt it made it seem more like a "full game" environment.  Secondly, I felt the projector itself didn't mesh well with the rest of the select screen.  It didn't fit in with the floor sprite, the colors were a bit off, and the perspective was amiss.  Lastly, I wanted them to look like actual holographic projectors, but the limitations of Mugen didn't help.

The original idea was to have the select screen fade in, and as you selected a character, the projector would "power up" and show a semi-transparent version of their portrait.  Unfortunately, Mugen doesn't allow transparency or any other cool gimmicks with portraits, so I couldn't get the desired effect and was left with something pretty chintzy. 

I also messed around with the fog:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Not sure if this is what you meant by darker fog, but that's what I came up with.  Having one layer of transparent fog on top of another gives it a brighter hue, and there's not much I can do other than fudge the numbers a bit.  You can also comment out anims 102 and 150 if you wanna get rid of it completely.

Again, sorry if this reply is a bit long-winded, but I just wanted to give you an idea of the process.  Thank you for the feedback and checking it out!