YesNoOk

CvSE Sprite Project (Tifa, Asura) (Read 340673 times)

Started by hatter, February 28, 2016, 04:46:44 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#81  August 12, 2016, 01:14:29 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Made a stickman for his walking forward animation after reading 2DForever's mini tuto on animation, stickmen are easy to animate.

Then comes the detailing/refining. Good grief...

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Have this CPS2 roll animation I'm working on for Chun-Li as well:

Only new frame is the first one, which was taken + redrawn from a screencap from Capcom vs SNK: Millennium Fight 2000, since apparently, I couldn't figure out how to rip shit from PSX games. :/
This is a generic forum signature.
Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 08:10:05 pm by Hatter
Re: Capcom vs. Square Enix Sprite Project Thread (Current: Asura, Tifa Lockhart)
#82  August 12, 2016, 11:49:41 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
That is great, Hatter! I remember that thread very well! I recently started having an idea of going with stickman for animation before I saw your last post.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#83  August 15, 2016, 02:50:12 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Well, whatever works, works, no? ;)

WIP (again). I'll get crackin' on the title chars tomorrow.

I promise, I would never betray youuuuuuuuuu.......

EDIT: I forgot to add the rest of his sleeve rips on his viewer's left side. :omg:
Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:09:20 am by Hatter
#84  August 15, 2016, 04:02:59 am
nice intro
#85  August 21, 2016, 09:00:18 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I decided to cancel out the above in-progress intro, because we don't need to add another headband related intro, seeing that he already has one.

To sum up, his new intros will be his SF3/CvS2 bag-drop intro, and that one intro in CvS2 in which he just stands, turns his head to the opponent and assumes the fighting stance.

^will work on his idle animation very soon.
#86  August 22, 2016, 03:35:46 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
The shading on her crotch looks weird. It's like just enough to cover the no-no's, but not enough overall on the upper leg I guess? Or am I jumping the gun here and it's just not been shaded enough yet? Or actually...are those her no-no's? Because that would make more sense and it seems to be positioned wrongly.
Edit:
This

It looks fucking awesome by the way. I'm debating on whether or not I should even bother making an edited Tifa myself and instead just let you do your thing.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:41:36 pm by Noctis
#87  August 22, 2016, 03:53:36 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
That was definitely a mistake on my end, I was trying to make it the interior of her skirt, but if it came off as that, I may as well edit it more to look like panties, ha.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll fix it up ASAP. You'll see it with the next batch of anims I'll have made for her.

I'm debating on whether or not I should even bother making an edited Tifa myself and instead just let you do your thing.

If you can wait a long while, sure. I mean in the end, any character sprites made for this project will be released as both character packs and SFFs for those who desire.
#88  August 22, 2016, 06:54:54 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
When I started to look at it as a shadow from her skirt it did make more sense how it was drawn, but it's pretty hard to look at it as anything other than her drawers lol. Whatever you're going for, do it! It looks amazing regardless. My eye's on this project 2-3 times a day at least.

Oh trust me. You'd sprite Tifa from scratch a lot faster than I could editing her from an existing character.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

#89  September 02, 2016, 11:21:16 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Can only showcase stickmen for now on Tifa's end. I'll def add another frame to the fwd/bkwd jump to make it more natural (and provide a gateway to begin the bkwd jump).

#90  September 05, 2016, 11:51:37 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

Was doing this while watching JZ's stream.

One down, four more to go. (yeah the bag is unfinished, but that's not the important part atm).
Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 11:57:50 pm by Hatter

lui

#91  September 05, 2016, 11:58:29 pm
    • USA
the bag intro frames are way too tall for alpha ryu
#92  September 06, 2016, 12:35:48 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'm pretty certain they aren't. Mind pointing out what you are seeing for me?
#93  September 06, 2016, 12:42:18 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I believe he is talking about the punching bag, and yes, it's kinda ''tall'' than the Zero sprites version:

Did a little edit to show what I'm talking about ^^

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome

lui

#94  September 06, 2016, 02:46:16 am
    • USA
no, im talking about ryu himself. looks way too tall in the new frames he gave him, maybe its just me
#95  September 06, 2016, 02:51:06 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
#96  September 07, 2016, 08:34:41 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com

You might notice something different about the idle. That's because I made some bit-size, yet important changes to the sprite. I've applied the changes to her walk animations, and all new animations I've subsequently made or am in the process of making. In addition, I noticed the choppiness of the jump start frame, I'll make sure to have it rectified ASAP.

Once I finish fixing the idle animation, I'll start adding them to the SFF. I'll be doing it like what Gladiacloud did with Saki for subsequent animations; any completed frame, I'll just add it to the SFF (once it's checked that is).
#97  September 08, 2016, 01:00:53 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
I am getting so giddy about this, yo. Great work again. The crouching crotch thing. It looks unbelievably better. Really like the decently paced progress. Asura and Ryu look great, too. Especially Asura.

As for Tifa's jumping sprites. The ones you finished lack a hair movement it looks like. Maybe it's just me. The other thing is her entire body. Her legs seem kinda weird to me. Like they're too short or something. And the way it transitions into her hips seems weird too. I think it's the angle. It's like she's facing us more than her opponent. It should be more of a side view. So yeah, her legs are a bit too short, her angle needs to face the opponent more and her legs also look like they're still on the ground. They need to stretch out more like she's really reaching for something.

#98  September 08, 2016, 01:10:58 am
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
I'll look into all of that tomorrow, hopefully I can make her jump look like a side view w/o having to redraw the entire thing.

As for the hair movement, I'm trying to leave that until it's all done so I can see how it plays out, frame by frame. That's why it's lacking that mvmt at the moment.

Thanks for the feedback.
Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 01:14:33 am by Hatter
#99  September 08, 2016, 06:52:01 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Okay! That's cool! Sorry for so much feedback over a single sprite, too. I just got really hyped by the progress lol

#100  September 08, 2016, 11:11:02 pm
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
No, no, no this is good feedback, this is exactly what I want. :)

So I did a thing w/ Tifa's neutral jump frames, and I think it's better than what I put down before, but:

Some things need to be adjusted, but is the "AFTER" a step in the correct direction?

I'm also in the process of figuring out an animation technique with Inkscape and Photoshop, which I'll try to apply to my projects/future commission works, so when

I make some progress on that, I'll share it with you.