YesNoOk

Help with fixing a character's dash (Read 2565 times)

Started by Dark801, September 19, 2017, 08:55:30 pm
Share this topic:
Help with fixing a character's dash
#1  September 19, 2017, 08:55:30 pm
    • USA
Hello, I hope this is the right section for this. But I need help fixing a character's dash (ToSix-KendouNakanishi). Her backwards dash is perfectly fine, where she jumps a few steps back... but when you dash forward with her (by pressing F,F), you can glide across the entire screen if you hold down F on the second press. Can someone please point me towards the right direction on which file I should edit, and what line to adjust? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Re: Help with fixing a character's dash
#2  September 23, 2017, 10:53:44 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
You need to find [Statedef 100]

It will either be in one of the cns or st files. Or possibly in common1.cns in her folders. If there is no statedef 100 that you can find she is using the defualt common1.cns. You will need to do a little bit of coding if the second one is the case. In the mean time, please find the state if you can and post it here. (actually i know what it probably looks like but if it's customised i'd like to point you at the right bit)

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#3  October 14, 2017, 12:49:56 am
    • USA
You need to find [Statedef 100]

It will either be in one of the cns or st files. Or possibly in common1.cns in her folders. If there is no statedef 100 that you can find she is using the defualt common1.cns. You will need to do a little bit of coding if the second one is the case. In the mean time, please find the state if you can and post it here. (actually i know what it probably looks like but if it's customised i'd like to point you at the right bit)

Sorry for the late response, I didn't know anyone actually replied, so thank you for that!

I think this is it. To be honest, I wouldn't even bother trying to fix it, but I really like this character and that forward dash gliding across the screen feels so broken. Thanks again for your help with this!

Kendou_Nakanishi.cmd:
Code:
;-| ƒL[‚Q‰ñ˜A‘±“ü—Í |---------------------------------------------------------
[Command]
name = "FF"     ;—v‹Ï‚Ý (ƒL[‚̕ύX‚͉”\‚Å‚·‚ª–¼‘O‚ð•Ï‚¦‚½‚è–³Œø‚É‚µ‚Ä‚Í‚¢‚¯‚Ü‚¹‚ñ)
command = F, F
time = 15

Her common.cns:

Code:
;---------------------------------------------------------------------------
; RUN_FWD
[Statedef 100]
type    = S
physics = S
anim = 100
sprpriority = 1

[State 2001]
type = Explod
trigger1 = time%5 = 0
anim = 52
pos = -50,3
scale = 1,1
postype = p1
sprpriority = 5
IgnoreHitPause = 1
id = 100

[State 200, 1]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 = time = 0
value = 100, 0

[State 100, 1]
type = VelSet
trigger1 = 1
x = const(velocity.run.fwd.x)

[State 100, 2] ;Prevent run from canceling into walk
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = NoWalk

[State 100, 3] ;Prevent from turning
type = AssertSpecial
trigger1 = 1
flag = NoAutoTurn

[State 100, 4]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd"
value = 0
#4  October 14, 2017, 02:18:19 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
You just have to edit the velset and the changestate
#5  October 14, 2017, 09:17:25 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Sorry for the late response, I didn't know anyone actually replied, so thank you for that!

You may want to look at http://mugenguild.com/forum/index.php?action=unreadreplies
I started using that link to get to the forum. When I first started editing my character(s), I probably had a question or 2 I was working on every week. Using that link, you get to see if anyone's responded to your questions, or any other topic you've posted in. Which is awesome for when you want to watch a topic of a dev working on a character you want. Or for anything you're interested in honestly. It's actually the first page I view when I load MFG.

Like Memo said you'd probably want to edit the velset and the changestate. I'd personally edit the changestate first. One trick you can try, is to use debug, do the Forward dash, and hit the PAUSE button on your keyboard when/where you want the dash to end. You'll see in the bottom left it has a bunch of info. One will be Time: (in the middle on the right) You'll see a value, write it down or remember it. Unpause and do the dash and pause it where you want. Do this a few times and get an average time where you think stopping the dash would be best. Then edit the changestate so it's got a trigger to change at that time, or greater.

Something like

[State 100, 4]
type = ChangeState
trigger1 = command != "holdfwd" ;if you leave this, you can stop the dash before the time limit happens
trigger2 = time >= 45  ;this will be 3/4 of a second long
value = 0

CTRL+D is how you switch debug.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv