YesNoOk

Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE) (Read 637841 times)

Started by shin. [OFWGKTA], July 07, 2007, 01:29:07 am
Share this topic:
Re: Introduction Thread (INTRODUCE YOURSELF TO THE COMMUNITY HERE)
#2201  July 11, 2017, 08:09:55 pm
  • Certified Quack
Hello there, I am Professor Skew.

I've been lurking the Guild for quite a few years now, and finally decided to join up.  I'm looking forward to seeing the future releases from everyone here!
...nausea, heartburn, indigestion, chronic fatigue, periods of extreme hyperactivity, confusion, short term memory loss, feelings of deja vu, short term memory loss, and feelings of deja vu.
#2202  July 12, 2017, 03:15:14 pm
  • os cães ladram, mas a caravana não pára
    • Brazil
    • Skype - adriano_gt2005@hotmail.com
    • www.facebook.com/groups/mortalkombatmugenkommunity/

welcome, professor
#2203  July 20, 2017, 08:14:34 pm
    • USA
So, I don't know how many of you remember me, but I am the one once known as Vegeta 20XX, a minor purveyor of poorly constructed Mugen works. I have since turned my focus to Doom modding (on the ZDoom forums, I am The Railgunner, a slightly less minor of somewhat less poorly constructed Doom mods). Namely, I made a new account for nostalgia reasons, and also because therailgunner@live.com has been inaccessible to me for at least two or three years.

The son of which I spoke of before my departure is now six years of age - a brilliant child with serious behavior problems. No, I don't have custody of him (I still have legal rights to him, however), and I don't see him often (flying out of state and back is, unsurprisingly, rather expensive), but that's fine, because his mother takes very good care of him, and that's all that truly matters, at least in the short term.

I have yet to return to fighting game-grade spriting, as most of my efforts have been focused on guns and more guns, as well as the occasional powerup or melee weapon, but I may return to it in time. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to mull over my former post history and cringe at the rick-diculous heights of embarrassment said posts will inevitably produce (I was definitely NOT fit to be a mod, let alone the Graphics mod, among sooooo many other frightening things best summarized by this short snippet by Sepp, from who I shamelessly ruined his Sagat into a lesser work, as I am prone to). I may also attempt to MUGEN again, in the hopes that, with the different, purportedly more mature point of view I intend to deceive you all into believing I have attained, I may properly reintroduce myself as a creator of genuine merit, and not a shameless thief (it is worth noting that this pattern kind of died after my second-to-last Doom mod, which was derived from - albeit with considerable work and alteration - from another, more respected author's work - The Trooper is more or less my first standalone work that wasn't built off of that of another). Basically, learning to understand the game's code structure more completely and avoiding referencing other people's work unless absolutely necessary to understand how certain mechanics work, in order to create from scratch.
Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 09:18:03 pm by Vegeta 30XX
#2204  July 21, 2017, 02:18:22 pm
    • Brazil

welcome back, prince of sayajin
#2205  July 24, 2017, 11:58:12 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505

Yeah, I've had this account for years but since I got unbanned, I think a reintroduction from the more mature me should be made.
I'm Jenngra505, an over ambitious person who lacks the drawing ability to make the creations they want to make. Sorry for being a total moron back before the ban.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#2206  July 25, 2017, 12:58:38 am
  • My power is maximum
  • Si monumentum requires, circumspice
    • USA
    • Skype - TheToxicAvenger666
Everyone starts somewhere right? Now the only way is up
#2207  July 25, 2017, 11:58:11 am
    • Brazil

good luck now
#2208  August 23, 2017, 03:54:23 pm
    • Australia
Hey I'm Dan.
I've joined this forum cause I'm looking to learn how to create and share my first MUGEN project, which is going to be a crossover between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter (original I know). I'm using this project to try and learn how the engine works.
I would love to get to know some other members of this community and take on advice and knowledge from some more experienced users.
#2209  August 24, 2017, 05:21:07 pm
    • Brazil

hi dan
welcome on board
#2210  August 26, 2017, 08:51:35 pm
  • I love reading my own Death Note.
    • Singapore

New here, I like KOF but not a decent player, and female fighters are my favorite things.  :coollove:
And the "Toggle View" button is important to me when I make posts, those who had tragic experience in post loss would understand.
#2211  August 27, 2017, 02:39:41 pm
    • Brazil

welcome, GT.... enjoy and have fun