YesNoOk

Mauru718: A Custom Mauru from Waku Waku 7 (Read 1981 times)

Started by Odb718, June 08, 2018, 09:10:06 am
Share this topic:
Mauru718: A Custom Mauru from Waku Waku 7
#1  June 08, 2018, 09:10:06 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
Like most of my characters this is an edit. I took what Inverse made and made Mauru a little more mugen compatible.
Mauru still isn't done but because of how Mauru's set up I wanted to get some feedback on things.
So far I've made it 6 buttons, including adding 2 versions of two of the jump in helpers. The Needle and the Sword jump ins have a near a far version depending on Medium or Fierce buttons.
I've edited in 3 versions of the Stomach over-head special; the Body Press. One is the regular version. The next two, the movement matches more closely to Mauru's hand placement on the ground. All three moves go a different distance. I've updated the Ultra version to match close the Fierce punch's movement. This makes the ultra go across the screen or very close to it.
The Helicopter special can drift if performed in the air. It no longer locks you in to only go straight up. If you're jumping forward, your velocity will still be going forward. If you were jumping back, it'll fade backwards. There are 3 different heights based on button press.

For the move set I've kinda reworked what does what. Like the helper call ins are D, DB, B, P or K. The Body Press over-head special is a forward fireball with Kicks. The GuruGuru punch is a fireball. The Helicopter is a dragon punch. The Binta Grab+Punch is a dragon punch with kicks.

The fake Guru punch is possibly getting cut out? Right now it's still in at a backwards dragon punch with kicks. I've never seen any benefit with this move.

Miracle Voice and the Helicopter ultra you can move where ever may require level 3. I still haven't decided yet. The Helicopter ultra may get a boost because it doesn't seem to connect as well as the regular ultra. Like I dont get as many hits.

Right now Mauru still does a ton of damage with basic attacks. Heavy attacks weigh in at 115... Light punch does 40. My characters usually do 38 damage for heavy/fierce. I'm still locking in combos for Mauru. Speaking of which, SMK to SMK can connect. But the push back doesn't allow for 3 SMKs to connect. I'm not sure if this is something I should leave in. It does require tight timing unlike my regular chain combos. It's not really a target combo so idk how I feel about leaving it in. I plan on adding in the attack damage dampener. Because Mauru wont be getting 15 hits on the regular it might not be as strong as my other characters. I'll have to do a lot more play-testing to see the damage Mauru gets for his regular combos.
I think with Mauru I'm going to be able to cancel specials into ultras.
Mauru can do pop up combos and has a super jump. I don't have a Roll or a Power Charge. I'm not sure which way I'd want to go. Power charge would be way easier to put in because of his explosive energy animation. He does currently roll on get-ups. So either way would be easy. 
The Air Hold Light attack I like to do is in with his belly attack at ALP. I think you can tap it for 13 tics and hold it for 30.
Right now the Air helicopter is the only air special. The ultra version works also.  I was thinking about adding the body press?

I've edited the hitboxes. I know you guys love it when I do that. But Mauru's boxes just don't work for me. 7 or 8 boxes, some being tiny just weren't that great. I'm not sure if they're source accurate or whatever, but I dont believe you should be able to punch Mauru's tail and have it hurt him. So that's gone in all the animations. I do think the girl should be able to be hit, so for the most part, she's covered. Redoing the boxes probably took 6h.
Inverse's boxes on the left, mine are on the right. The standing/crouching aren't that different but you can see the tail & the girl dif.
Spoiler: Hit Boxes & Push Block & Ultra Body Press (click to see content)

Should Mauru get more Specials in the air? Maybe the Dash punch? An Air Dash??
Anyone want to see something specific I might not know about?

vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv