YesNoOk

"PotS style" Benimaru Nikaido (updated 04/14/18) (Read 86027 times)

Started by Jmorphman, March 31, 2018, 05:34:43 am
Share this topic:
Re: "PotS style" Benimaru Nikaido
#21  April 06, 2018, 04:49:36 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I rather just keep it. If he does it in CvS2 against her, then you shouldn't do anything about it because he'll lose his source accuracy to the original game. Since he doesn't do that intro with Kula in any KOF games, definitely leave her out. Otherwise, you might as well remove Karin and Yuri as well, which I rather see you not do. Remember I recommended you add Tiffany Lords on the list? She's a school girl and I bet she's around the same age as Sakura. It would make no sense to remove her if she's on the list.

Only leave the characters out that Benimaru never seen before if you know for sure that they are underage such as Arcana Heart and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I believe those characters in their source games are around 14 or 15.

Thanks for the release. Forgot to post about it, was well worth the wait.

Yuri is indeed of age.  Ryo's first game appearance put his age at 22, and he's four years her senior, making her 18.
Karin is also of age.  First game appearance puts her at 24 years old.
Sakura: she just feels a bit underage.  I think she'd be considered sixteen.

(had to look these up just to be sure, really XP)

(also note: "PotS styled" characters don't have to be completely source accurate)
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:14:58 am by The Sudden Rarity
#22  April 06, 2018, 05:56:25 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I rather just keep it. If he does it in CvS2 against her, then you shouldn't do anything about it because he'll lose his source accuracy to the original game. Since he doesn't do that intro with Kula in any KOF games, definitely leave her out. Otherwise, you might as well remove Karin and Yuri as well, which I rather see you not do. Remember I recommended you add Tiffany Lords on the list? She's a school girl and I bet she's around the same age as Sakura. It would make no sense to remove her if she's on the list.

Only leave the characters out that Benimaru never seen before if you know for sure that they are underage such as Arcana Heart and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. I believe those characters in their source games are around 14 or 15.

Thanks for the release. Forgot to post about it, was well worth the wait.

Yuri is indeed of age.  Ryo's first game appearance put his age at 22, and he's four years her senior, making her 18.
Karin is also of age.  First game appearance puts her at 24 years old.
Sakura: she just feels a bit underage.  I think she'd be considered sixteen.

(had to look these up just to be sure, really XP)

(also note: "PotS styled" characters don't have to be completely source accurate)
Yeah, but when I mentioned those two, I was talking about their appearances during the CvS2/SFA times. Pretty sure that Karin and Yuri are of age in later games. But would you consider Hinata Wakaba underage too? Which I also believe Benimaru does that intro to her too. I don't think age matters as long as the girl looks attractive such as Tiffany Lords and Yoko from Gurren Lagann. They can look pretty and still be young.

I know that PotS style don't have to be completely source accurate, but Jmorphman's characters are very close to be. I just don't want to see him remove things that are accurate to the source. If it bothers you, just remove it yourself.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#23  April 06, 2018, 06:09:18 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I already removed it myself, but the way you're talking can be misconstrued, especially this:

I don't think age matters as long as the girl looks attractive such as Tiffany Lords and Yoko from Gurren Lagann. They can look pretty and still be young.

I'm not trying to make you out to be weird or anything, but please word things a bit better ^..^;;;
#24  April 06, 2018, 06:47:31 am
    • USA
I already removed it myself, but the way you're talking can be misconstrued, especially this:

I don't think age matters as long as the girl looks attractive such as Tiffany Lords and Yoko from Gurren Lagann. They can look pretty and still be young.

I'm not trying to make you out to be weird or anything, but please word things a bit better ^..^;;;
Look Pretty = Attractive
Be Young = Age

I meant is that the two characters I "specifically" mentioned (Which is Tiffany Lords and Yoko) are young in age and have very attractive looks. Tiffany is only a 2nd year high school girl and I believe Yoko from Gurren Lagann is only 14 years old despite her adult appearance and Benimaru does that intro against them. Do I need to say more?

I just find having an "under 18" rule for Benimaru's intro silly. Characters under 14 and look young is good enough to not get the intro against them. That means no intro for Kula, Lilith, or any Arcana Heart and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax characters.
#25  April 06, 2018, 06:55:44 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Either way, it's up to the Morphin' Man and what he wants to do with Benny.
#26  April 06, 2018, 04:46:08 pm
I don't know her exact age, but Karin in sfa3, which POTS used for sprites, is also a schoolgirl. Not sure if she is  a classmate of Sakura or just rival.
Then there is also Killer Bee Cammy, which was also still a kid.
Well, SFA was about younger versions of the SF characters after all.
#27  April 08, 2018, 12:51:27 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Oh well, just as expected from you Jmorph. Just like Benimaru said, "Thank You!" ;)
#28  April 09, 2018, 01:18:20 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
#29  April 10, 2018, 12:04:29 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I meant is that the two characters I "specifically" mentioned (Which is Tiffany Lords and Yoko) are young in age and have very attractive looks. Tiffany is only a 2nd year high school girl and I believe Yoko from Gurren Lagann is only 14 years old despite her adult appearance and Benimaru does that intro against them.
Benimaru shouldn't do the intro when fighting TTGL Yoko (she's fucking 14, it's gross, keep your dick in your pants, Japan, jesus christ); it should trigger against other characters named Yoko, though. Lemme know if there's a version of the TTGL Yoko that isn't by Warusaki so I can make sure Benimaru isn't perving on a 14 year old!
#30  April 10, 2018, 12:15:34 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
Cruz's PotS-styled Yoko edit.  Author name is Warusaki3 & Cruz.
Scratch that, intro doesn't work on her XP
Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 12:20:11 am by The Sudden Rarity
#31  April 10, 2018, 12:25:51 am
    • USA
I just tested it and it did happen, BUT NO LONGER.

now someone find me a bug so I can release an official update!
#32  April 10, 2018, 02:25:37 am
    • USA
I meant is that the two characters I "specifically" mentioned (Which is Tiffany Lords and Yoko) are young in age and have very attractive looks. Tiffany is only a 2nd year high school girl and I believe Yoko from Gurren Lagann is only 14 years old despite her adult appearance and Benimaru does that intro against them.
Benimaru shouldn't do the intro when fighting TTGL Yoko (she's fucking 14, it's gross, keep your dick in your pants, Japan, jesus christ); it should trigger against other characters named Yoko, though. Lemme know if there's a version of the TTGL Yoko that isn't by Warusaki so I can make sure Benimaru isn't perving on a 14 year old!
Really? I thought that she looks nothing like one and wears a very skimpy outfit, you leave her as an exception. A traditional 14 year old does not dress like that after all. Guess I didn't mention it, you probably would've missed her. But what other characters are also named Yoko? All I could think of is the one from TTGL. Not defending this, but did you see the anime? She's pretty attractive to men like Kamina and he's 18. How exactly would that be gross? And I heard people say she's actually 18, not 14 only because of the way her peoples' calendar works. Idk.

And no, I haven't found any bugs so far.
#33  April 10, 2018, 05:36:01 am
Why don't you give it a rest?
The creator of the character doesn't like the idea of an adult man whooing at underaged ladies, so he decides not to let it happen. Let this be his choice and respect it, opinnions and ethics aside.

On the other hand, you are fully free to edit the character you downloaded, adding a few names to a trigger isn't that hard to do, right?
#34  April 10, 2018, 05:37:30 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Exactly, get in there and add as many names as you want. It is honestly not difficult.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#35  April 10, 2018, 06:36:16 am
    • USA
Why don't you give it a rest?
The creator of the character doesn't like the idea of an adult man whooing at underaged ladies, so he decides not to let it happen. Let this be his choice and respect it, opinnions and ethics aside.

On the other hand, you are fully free to edit the character you downloaded, adding a few names to a trigger isn't that hard to do, right?
And yet you are making false assumptions that I'm giving him that idea. Did I ever ask that he should have that intro for Kula too? No I didn't. I didn't even know Yoko was supposed to be the ones excluded from Benimaru's intro and if I didn't mention it, Jmorphman would've not known. I also had no idea that there are other characters named Yoko as well, so I was confused what characters is he talking about. And when I asked a simple question on why it's gross, I only meant Yoko specifically (Not Kula, Lilith, or any Arcana Heart and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax characters I mentioned already). Don't accuse me that I'm not respecting his decision when I wasn't even defending it in the first place like I said. Is it wrong to ask simple questions?

And of course I know, what makes you think I don't?

Edit: Also, I did found a bug. This happened when I kept doing Raijinken quickly during Custom Combo, then do Raikoken before he throws the Raijinken projectile during the Custom Combo. Causing the animation not to finish and stay there, it will disappear if you hit Benimaru.
Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:53:47 am by SolidZone 26
#36  April 10, 2018, 11:52:28 am
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
Now my Team Kyo is complete!
Thanks!
This is fate.
#37  April 10, 2018, 01:58:16 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah, even I forget that she's 14 even though she suffers from anime body. It's still Jmorph's character, and it's weird and creepy for him to do that to young girls. It's been a long while since I seen that anime.
#38  April 10, 2018, 02:42:26 pm

Of course I was stating the obvious, you posted that yourself earlier.

Jmorphman copied a huge list of names with female characters, so it's easy to miss out some or for name duplicates to exists, mistakes happens.
But you seem pretty persuasive about Yoko (and Tiffany), your posts do.
The question you asked even implies that it's ok, so Jmorphman should keep them.
Then again, it could be your age or cultural upbringing that finds it ok or well, nothing wrong about it.
That's why I wasn't discussing the opinion or ethics about it, but just stating the simple fact that the creator doesn't want it.

So, I am sorry if I made that false assumption.
I didn't came here to accuse you,  I am simply asking you to let the case rest.
#39  April 11, 2018, 04:19:43 am
    • USA
Edit: Also, I did found a bug. This happened when I kept doing Raijinken quickly during Custom Combo, then do Raikoken before he throws the Raijinken projectile during the Custom Combo. Causing the animation not to finish and stay there, it will disappear if you hit Benimaru.
https://i.imgur.com/J2njHav.png
Fixed! I guess I can push out an update now (I also have made two minor adjustments to stuff), but I think I'll hold off for a few days, because the CLASSIFIED isn't ready yet.

#40  April 11, 2018, 10:49:54 pm
    • Canada
The character doesn't run.
Code:
[State -1, R, DR, D, DL, L: Left]
ID = ;90010504  //<---------------------------------------------------------- Is that ";"supposed to be there? (Line 2166)
Current Project: ????? ???
Projects