YesNoOk

Removing floating text (Read 1583 times)

Started by archedmaid, May 31, 2018, 06:10:27 am
Share this topic:
Removing floating text
#1  May 31, 2018, 06:10:27 am
    • USA
Some characters I use have random text that just clutter the screen, for example when I use some Primal Rage characters they leave numbers on the screen when they use there super/ex type abilities, and some times they leave a message prepare for final battle across the screen.  Can any one help figure out what causes these things to happen?
Re: Removing floating text
#2  May 31, 2018, 07:51:19 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
What you'll want to do is search the *.air file of the character for the sprites you see. There should be an animation of the message. Once you find it, you'll know the anim number. Use ctrl+F in fighter factory to search for that number. More than likely the number(s) will pop up more than once. So you'll keep searching until you see an explod or a helper with it. You should be able to edit it out or whatever.

Are you trying to delete the messages or just have them go away after some time?
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#3  May 31, 2018, 08:35:18 pm
    • USA
I'm actually trying to make them work in MKP, which so far I have all of them working, they just put a lot of messages across the screen.  the only other important thing I need to figure out is to get them working right is to get them to die when it says finish him, they kinda just stay stay alive until time runs out.

Also cannot find any thing of the sort in fighter factory, I've searched all the animations and sprites.
Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 09:25:33 pm by archedmaid
#4  June 01, 2018, 12:53:47 am
  • Shame on you!
    • USA
If you cant find anything in the characters it could be part of the screen pack. Search MugenFolder/Data/sff
Maybe your screen pack wont have that, but explore around for a common sff & air file.

When you make an explod, if you only want it to happen 1x, you need to tell mugen that.

[State 3121, 3147]
type = Explod
trigger1 = numexplod(3147) = 0  ; make sure it only happens 1 time
anim = 3147
ID = 3147

Same thing works with helpers.
To get them to stop working when the fatality is up, use a triggerall to stop it from spawning if the fatality is active.
Then use a removeexplod with the check to see if the fatality is active.
vVv Ryuko718 Updated 10/31/22 vVv
#5  June 02, 2018, 03:15:14 am
    • USA
I'm still stumped, the specific test dummy i'm looking at is the Diablo from Lord Sinistro, I am trying to load him into MKP 4.1 2.9.  Most of the basic moves i.e. A,B,C,X,Y,Z bring up the prepare for final fight message, but it does not do it in training only the other modes such as arcade, versus, and survival.