YesNoOk

Eliza Masters WIP (Beta Released) (Read 99245 times)

Started by SilentRipper, August 01, 2011, 05:37:12 am
Share this topic:

Poll

So, I'll be getting PhotoShop again, what should my next project be?

Redeem Eliza! She should not be "Geese-like", no no we don't dig the back ground you made for her, give her Ken moves dammit!
85 (61.6%)
You promised Jmorph to sprite CvS Mature for him, you are nothing more than a spriter, do your thing!
29 (21%)
We need a proper CvS Benimaru, color separate the rainbow out of it and make it "P.o.t.S-like"!
19 (13.8%)
Really? stop doing crap, we simply don't care!
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 135

Eliza Masters WIP (Beta Released)
#1  August 01, 2011, 05:37:12 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Hi, I’m sorry I’ve delayed this for such a long time, i finally decided to post my WIP Eliza whose character is based on Ken’s wife. It first came off as an edit sprite for an intro of my first char that really was an edit of Moldredd's God Ken (don’t ask for it, I’m not releasing him… yet) trying to make my version more unique, I got a bit carried away.

Her moveset is based on a lot of characters mostly from the CvS, she copies the main techniques of Geese and Rugal (think of her as the lost sister of Rock and Adel) and some splashes of several other characters.  Nothing in her is original (not even the gameplay as I based her on the style used by P.o.t.S.), yet I bet most of you’ll find her unique.

It has taken a while ‘cos I’ve been busy, I’m too picky on aesthetics and I like thinking through everything a lot.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

-Intros(incomplete)
-A taunt
-Victory poses(incomplete)
-All basic animations (stance, crouch, guard, jump, etc.)
-All basic attacks and command attacks
-All Special Attacks

What’s left to do:

-Complete the intros and victory poses
-Code and Sprite (mainly decide how and what’ll be) her EX moves
-Code and Sprite (basically do the hi-res effects) her Hypers moves

Here's a few animated .gifs as previews:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is her planned moveset:

COMMAND MOVES:
-Fudou Sakkatsu Uraken (Strong Backhand Strike) - F+SP
Slow and obvious attack but can take a chunk of damage and knock down opponents, it can be comboed from any of her normal attacks but cannot be chained afterwards, the comboed version is weaker and can’t knock down.

-Inazuma Kakato Wari (Over head kick)- F+MK
Its rather slow but it’s intended to get crouching opponents.

- Raikou Mawashi Geri (Dashing Roundhouse Kick)- F+SK
Surprise fast move, can’t be comboed into anything else but can be comboed from any or her normal attacks and have a knock down effect.

SPECIALS:
-Reppuken and Double Reppuken – D, DF,F ,P
Based on Geese of King of Fighters 96, its not a projectile, yet it can be used to repel other projectiles, comes out fast and the Double Reppuken has and added reach for offensive purposes.

-Shippuken – D,DB,B,P (Air)
Again based on Geese of King of Fighters 96, a slow airborne projectile that fades no long after being cast (the strength of the key used varies its reach) but propels Eliza backwards in the air, decent damage and can be used to surprise or put pressure on opponents.

-Counters- D, DB,B,P
No, these are not from Geese (well not all of them), has the name implies it’s a reactive move to opponent’s attacks , the strength of the key pressed determines the attriube that will be countered (WP for Air Attacks, MP for Standing Attacks, SP for Crouching Attacks), aside from the obvious pun on Geese moves this is mainly done to suit players who like to play defensively on given chances.

-Genocide Cutter- F,D,DF,K
A ground to air kick served to be an anti aereal move, I bet most of you know from whom this move comes from.

-Goddess Press- F,DF,D,DB,B,P
A dashing grab attack that comes out very fast and slams the opponent on the opposite wall dealing decent damage, the strength of the move determines the length of the trajectory (If you don’t know where Genocide Cutter comes from you’ll never guess how taught her this move).The downsides is that can’t grab airborne opponents and can’t go through projectiles, but for that matter we have…

-Eliza Kick- B,D,DB,K
A dashing air kick that flies through projectiles and its able to hit airborne players, though it lacks the speed and priority of the Goddess Press. And no, these move its not hers, she got it from looking at a notebook of a certain Kyo Kusanagi fan.

SUPERS:
-Raising Storm- D,DF,F,DF,D,DB,B,P
A semi-offensive move that hits nearby opponents, and specially punishes airborne ones, Eliza surrounds her of raising energy pillars and… well it’s the same old Desperation Move from Geese that we all know and love, just not as hard to pull off.

Rashoumon- 360, K
And unblockable close range grab that send the opponent helplessly in the air to be stricken hard as they land, sending them flying to crash on the opposite wall, original, huh?

-Total Anihalation- D,DF,F,D,DF,F,K
A series of slicing kicks finished by a Genocide Cutter, not very strong or flashy but very combo friendly.

-Gigantic Body Pressure- B,DB,B,DB,D,DF,F,P
A stronger version of the Goddess Press that can’t be blocked, slams the opponent in the opposite wall leaving  a pilar of light and… nope, I can’t see the skull.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still need to decide some EX moves, but most of them will be beefed up versions of the specials, I’ll upload videos later to show you the progress.

Here comes the part where I need you, talented and experienced people with skills that I lack, I need someone who can help me with the portraits and hyper portraits (mainly because I suck a photoshop) I have sketched a Select Character Portrait if someone is interested in giving it color let me know, I need very creative palletes, for that I’ll arrange a template later on.

If someone wishes to help me with hi-res effects will be appreciated as I lack PhotoShop Pro and the knowledge to make it high quality. Rina-chan was kind enough to lend me the voice samples for Eliza and it turned out great, I’m sure the more people help things will progress faster and with better effect. Thanks in advance.

I plan to give a full developed character who can suit many styles of gameplays and still be balanced as a return to the community that has given so much joy and amusement to us all these years.
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:54:42 am by SilentRipper
Re: Eliza WIP
#2  August 01, 2011, 05:48:03 am
  • Finally learning how to code mugen. Wish me luck
Soon we'll have the whole family! She's lookin awesome so far

My none Mugen Project: One Piece Tag Battle
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=510722
#3  August 01, 2011, 06:06:11 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
I'm gonna mess with that stance.
Spriting is hard.

MDD

#4  August 01, 2011, 06:06:59 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Something about that stance is really odd....

EDIT: Goddamnit Diepod.
#5  August 01, 2011, 06:14:50 am
really Diepod? 'cos it was inspired on Bluestreak XD
#6  August 01, 2011, 06:21:43 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Did Eliza even once show some ability to fight ?
Whatever, sprites are looking nice, good luck with this.
#7  August 01, 2011, 06:30:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
@cyb: some plot lines hint she was the previous usa karate champion until ken beat her, though I am not usre on how thrustworthy are those sources, since they did not see to make it to tiamats( though shadaloo's investigation on sakura did not make it either and it comes form a very reliable source).

@silent ripper: good job with the animations heres hoping you get a creator who shares yoru vision fo the character to code her.
#8  August 01, 2011, 06:32:03 am
@at cyb: never really, though she helps ken to train as can be seen on the SF3 ending... but this char is anything but cannon ^_^U

@at poison: i've never heard of such plot line, it seems cool O.o, as for the coder i think i can pull it off by myself then get some guidence after i release a beta, thanks for the good wishes :3
Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 06:36:56 am by SilentRipper
#9  August 01, 2011, 06:49:29 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA

I can see that now, thanks a lot. I've been waiting on you to show some progress on this.

I noticed some stiff areas, the right foot jump out of place in the first one,I tried to smooth the are out a little, and the boobd didn't really bounce, I'll send individual frames if you want.

I would suggest doing the left arm differently.  :-\

Second ones toned down a bit.
Spriting is hard.
Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:04:10 am by Diepod
#10  August 01, 2011, 06:56:18 am
    • senorfro.deviantart.com/
Maybe it's me, but I don't think they're supposed to bounce that much.  :-\
#11  August 01, 2011, 06:57:09 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
perhaps...
Spriting is hard.
#12  August 01, 2011, 07:41:45 am
    • USA
Character is looking nice. Reminds me of Blaze Fielding in a way.
#13  August 01, 2011, 07:44:17 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Sweet looking project so far and do you have a vid showing that mod of god ken! Good luck.
#14  August 01, 2011, 09:47:07 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
I love when NPC are being made for Mugen, awesome sprites u got there, can't wait to see more  ;D
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#15  August 01, 2011, 11:26:21 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Very nice edit, I saw it at CFAS private board. I think it could turn into a great char.

Maybe it's me, but I don't think they're supposed to bounce that much.  :-\

let them bounce :)
#16  August 01, 2011, 11:28:51 pm
Good luck with all that. It's nice to see such chars that never were playable nor actually fighting but that were present in the game to be made into MUGEN. I'll follow this project with much joy :)
Coming back to MUGEN
#17  August 01, 2011, 11:41:41 pm

I can see that now, thanks a lot. I've been waiting on you to show some progress on this.

I noticed some stiff areas, the right foot jump out of place in the first one,I tried to smooth the are out a little, and the boobd didn't really bounce, I'll send individual frames if you want.

I would suggest doing the left arm differently.  :-\

Second ones toned down a bit.

Thanks for the observation, i felt something was a little off, maybe i should aling the sprites differently to make it look more appropriate. And by anymeans, if you wish to contribute with the sprites, go ahead; i'm busy doing the EX moves so it'll be a while before i go back fixing what i've already done. Personally i'm not a big fan of bouncy stuff on mugen chars (we have Mai for that, don't we?) mainly 'cos i dont know how to do them properly, i'd like to see the individual frames tho *.*
#18  August 02, 2011, 02:00:30 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
Cool, I'll pm you in a sec. The bounce isnt that big of a deal to me, I just pay too much attention to detail.
Spriting is hard.
#19  August 02, 2011, 03:03:58 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
her left arm wrist (artist right) bothers me a bit more than the bouncing, she is supossed to eb american so she should bounce a bit, and doing that only on teh stand should be more than enough to convey that in the sprites.

#20  August 02, 2011, 04:56:54 am
Cool, I'll pm you in a sec. The bounce isnt that big of a deal to me, I just pay too much attention to detail.

thanks a lot, i'll update her with these, i hope that would be enough for the bounce lovers out there XD, for the progress aspect i've made my mind with the EX moveset, now to see if i can edit the sprites the right way. I think i'll be a bit busy this week (being a steel detailer can be very exhausting when theres a rush to speed things on site <.<) so dont think i'll abandon this, i hope to upload a video soon.