YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 646727 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#961  February 23, 2018, 04:34:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Some of you clowns have obviously never set foot on a farm. I love how liberals and leftists spend so much time talking about things they know nothing about. On a farm you may be required to do anything from defend your family from a human intruder to defend your live stock from a 4 legged predator. In many cases to defend from a fox, coyote, wolf, large cat or bear you need something with range. A shotgun is not nearly as effective at range as an AR15. The farmer has an AR15 because it is the most well rounded weapon to handle most situations he might run into. And the question was very well answered. The question was what is something good done with an AR15. Not what was something good done by an AR15 that something else could have done better. In the case of a farmer there isn’t any better weapon for versatility. Now all you liberals leave the farmer alone and quit worrying about what he’s carrying, I’m sure you’ll all be perfectly safe in your gun free zones. No one ever brings guns to those places.

funny how I just stumbled upon this, and it was in quora a left leaning forum located in the bay area.
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#962  February 23, 2018, 04:39:15 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
UK implemented strict gun laws after 1 school shooting and their mass shooting drastically went down.  canada also , americans being so sensitive about gun laws baffles me, US congress even ban the CDC to study gun violence , that's messed up , probably most US congress are in the pockets of the NRA.

don't get me wrong i like guns , i still fire a couple of rounds whenever i visit our ancestral home with my cousins.
and of course even after a new gun law is impose the threat is still there , but reducing the numbers even if it's a fraction is still worth trying rather than doing nothing.

Well that's exactly what Trump is talking about doing. Raising the age to buy and own a gun to the age of 21 and implementing a revised and much better mental health check along with a background checks when buying a gun. Why not get rid of gun free zones too and further add both defense and offense to protect our people? We use guns to protect our banks, our government establishments, and even our airports. Why not our children and youth. They're even more important.
#963  February 23, 2018, 04:57:43 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
The issue is how easy it is to obtain one.  People who like guns
and believe in the 2nd amendment shouldn't be punished
because of idiots.  Has any of the gun laws in Chicago helped?

In this latest school shooting that kid should of never got the guns.
He had mental health issues and a record in school of being
violent.  But that was not enough for the gun shop and the state
to deny his 2nd amendment right. They fucked up as we can see.

The kids who were threaten by his punk ass and kept quite oh
because they didnt think he was "serious" should of fucking spoke up.
I read an article last night and the dude who was dating his ex girl
said he got tons of threats, pics of guns, and the punk ass kid
even gave him a chase holding pencils like daggers like he wanted
 to stab the shit outta him and he still didnt take him serious enough
to speak up.  All the kids said they knew if something like that
happened he would be the cause of it. How many fucking clues did
these kids need to finally tell someone oh hey mom, or principal
or sherrif, this guy is threating me and sending me pics of weapons
I think you should go check it out.

They need to seriously ramp up the background check and take time
with it, oh and the punk ass school officer they had on site..he should
of did his job.

Stricter laws wont stop shit from happening thou, people will always
find a way to kill if they want but its a start to at least cut down the
number of people who own such weapons. 

I love the m-16 and m-4 but I know proper muzzle awareness, I was
trained how to properly load, unload, clean and store the weapon.
And I wouldn't ever point my gun at a target I dont intend on shooting
including innocent people I'm not a dumbass suicidal idiot so why
should I be punished if I wanted to own one?

I personally want one at home for protection, for shooting targets at
the range and maybe for hunting.  I wouldn't mind having to wait
a year and have to take mental examinations before and after I own
it just to prove I'm not a threat to society.

Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 05:01:15 pm by Memo
#964  February 23, 2018, 05:03:34 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
The FBI ignored a tip last month that accused Parkland, Florida, school killer Nikolas Cruz was at risk of committing a school shooting and has opened an investigation into what went wrong, the agency said Friday.

“On January 5, 2018, a person close to Nikolas Cruz contacted the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to report concerns about him,” the FBI said in a news release. “The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting."
#965  February 23, 2018, 05:28:58 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
The FBI ignored a tip last month that accused Parkland, Florida, school killer Nikolas Cruz was at risk of committing a school shooting and has opened an investigation into what went wrong, the agency said Friday.

“On January 5, 2018, a person close to Nikolas Cruz contacted the FBI’s Public Access Line (PAL) tipline to report concerns about him,” the FBI said in a news release. “The caller provided information about Cruz’s gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting."

FBI fucked up too, but more people should of spoke up as well.
I personally dont trust the FBI thou because they have done
shady shit in the past.
#966  February 23, 2018, 05:48:52 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
It's insane to me that are society has to even talk about this. It's year 2018, we are advanced enough to harness most things on earth for power, even making strides to leave earth.

But some how there are still people that "need" guns, and will fight to keep them. In a lot of ways we are not that advanced at all.

But what do I know. I'm a robot that sees things black and white.

New campaign:
Keep the guns, outlaw the ammunition?
#967  February 23, 2018, 06:20:54 pm
    • USA
Everybody screwed up when it comes to the Florida shooter. The students, the teachers, the FBI, even the sheriff's department. 30+ calls to his house for bad behavior in a years time is a clear sign of a problem. But nothing will keep people from getting what they want. There is no law that can be passed to stop people from killing people. It will never happen. You can use a truck to mow down dozens and dozens of people at a pep rally with ease. And back up over them to make sure they're dead. Any law congress passes won't work.

More severe punishments for crime would help. Did you know most of our punishments for gun crimes date back to the 50's. The number of gun laws passed in the last decade alone is staggering but no changes whatsoever have been made to the punishments for breaking those laws. Kind of stupid. I could kill one of you with a gun and get out in 5 years. That's insane. More severe punishments and getting rid of gun free zones is the way to go. Murderers like soft targets. Easy targets. Even that crazy white dude that shot up that church not too long ago ran when he saw that one of the church goers went to their vehicle and brought back their own gun. He didn't even try to fight him. He just ran. Why? Because they're all cowards.

@ ink - Needing to protect yourself does not mean we are not advanced. There's never gonna be a perfect world where everybody is enlightened and live among each other peacefully. We are advanced but we still have idiots among us. Sad but true.
#968  February 23, 2018, 06:53:25 pm
  • Raging Fist
#969  February 23, 2018, 07:01:35 pm
    • USA
http://fortune.com/2018/02/23/donald-trump-video-game-violence/
For Christ's sake if it's not Hillary it's Trump now assaulting our good games. LEAVE THE GAMERS ALONE.

Definitely something I disagree with that Trump has said. But on the other hand he does make a good point.

Sex = not cool for kids
Violence = cool for kids

Kind of weird. Of course it's the parents job to monitor their kids in the end. I think violence tends to be ok for kids because basically violence is a part of life. Even Mario has violence in it. It's the basis for a good adventure game, movie, or book. It is what it is. Nothing will come of this. 1st amendment protects violent games.
Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:06:31 pm by VGames
#970  February 23, 2018, 07:14:37 pm
  • Raging Fist
Thing is we are human. We like sex, we like violence and despite any sort of peace we are violent in our own way imaginable, and even with the midst of it all we have responsible people that know which is right from wrong, real or fake. I just do not understand how or even why people would be so stupid to not realize that maybe, just maybe it's not tools we use or even the entertainment we enjoy, but the person themselves. It was stated in games, movies, even books and we as intelligent homosapiens along with the majority of the species does not listen, let alone care about the moral of the story?
I get it's the parent's responsibility to make sure their kids are raised right, but in reality of this, even back in the 90s, you will get certain ones that just do not care about these sort of things and let the kid play Mortal Kombat or even bloodier/sexier games like Darkstalkers, Doom, etc. , and the kids came out OK. They didn't go rally about in violent rampage like they do in GTA because they know it's fake, a game, ENTERTAINMENT. why do we as movie lovers, gamers, and overall people in general need to have our stuff be censored/nerfed even harder because little anti-social depression guy decides to do so arguably retarded in Real life because of his/her FEELINGS, but will not even admit to feelings and instead PLAY THE BLAME GAME..
#971  February 23, 2018, 07:20:07 pm
    • USA
Thing is we are human. We like sex, we like violence and despite any sort of peace we are violent in our own way imaginable. I just do not understand how or even why people would be so stupid to not realize that maybe, just maybe it's not tools we use or even the entertainment we enjoy, but the person themselves. It was stated in games, movies, even books and we as over-intelligent apes and the majority of the species does not listen, let alone care about the moral?
I get it's the parent's responsibility but in reality of this, even back in the 90s, you will get certain ones that just do not care about these sort of things and let the kid play Mortal Kombat, and the kids came out OK. They didn't go rally about in violent protests like they do in GTA because you know it's fake, a game, ENTERTAINMENT. why do we as movie lovers, gamers, and overall people in general need to have our stuff be censored/nerfed even harder because little anti-social depression guy decides to do so arguably retarded in Real life because of his/her FEELINGS, but will not even admit to feelings and instead PLAY THE BLAME GAME..

I get where you're coming from. Same argument can go towards me owning my Saiga12 with a 20 round drum. Why can't I have that just because of some idiot who can't control himself. Punish them not me. BTW I was one of those 90's kids. DOOM forever!!
#972  February 23, 2018, 07:37:27 pm
  • Raging Fist
Born in 92 but I was proud of being a nostalgic little kid. I know my parents raised me right because I know past tech that "Millennials" look at funny now.
#973  February 23, 2018, 08:29:51 pm
    • USA
Born in 83 so you know I know about the past tech.

I think all this gun control and media censorship boils down to not wanting to blame the people that need blaming. And as far as Trump bringing up the age old video games and movies are to blame slogan, that's what older generations tend to see on both sides of the political scene. Video games were never a big part of their lives. The guys 70 years old. I could see this coming from a mile away because it's not the first time. History repeating itself.

But on top of that as far as gun control goes, this is just a big push by the democrats to get as many Republicans out of their seats come November. It's all political and a big waste of this country's time. If the Democrats had an actual plan to help this country policy wise instead of trying to smear the opposing party to get their power back we wouldn't see any of this. But this is all they got. So here we are.
Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 08:33:38 pm by VGames
#974  February 23, 2018, 09:31:59 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I dont think a school or a church, a place where you go to pray, is the place to bring gun. There is already problem with cops shooting people ''by accident'' imagine how stressfull it would be for a teacher also imagine just how shitty the atmosphere would be in school if teacher were to have gun. Teacher are already struggling with enough problem. I also find it pretty disgusting how badly Trump is defending the NRA and instead blaming video games
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#975  February 23, 2018, 09:40:10 pm
    • USA
NRA has nothing to do with this. Explain how they are if you have facts that I don't know about.

He's not blaming video games. It's just something he thought needed to be brought up. Again this has been done before and nothing will come of it. 1st amendment remember.

We carry in my church. Peaceful as can be.

And how would arming a teacher make their job worse? Why would the atmosphere be worse if students knew their teacher was armed? If this were true then the teacher was already a problem.
#976  February 23, 2018, 09:47:29 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
You do know how stressfull class can be for teacher right? There's already incident with cops shooting people by accident or because they were scared. Pretty sure it would be even worst for teachers. Class is already a stressfull environment and is just not the place for guns. Also pretty sure that saying video games are part of the problem is blaming video games
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/966742099436752896
At meeting on school safety, President Trump says violence in video games and movies is responsible for shaping young people’s thoughts: “We have to do something about maybe what they’re seeing”
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:56:56 pm by GTOAkira
#977  February 23, 2018, 10:01:34 pm
    • USA
I disagree completely. Mental and background checks will surely be made on these teachers wanting to carry. A school in Ohio is already implementing this and will surely be the example that many other schools will follow. It's not like they're gonna let just any teacher carry.

And he never said video games were the problem. It was just something we should look into. Same old same old from presidents and politicians. If he didn't say something about it they'd been all over him about it.

Have a good weekend.
#978  February 23, 2018, 10:11:53 pm
I'm seriously wondering when did so many people gain this belief that more guns in schools would deter attackers? Crazy people don't think under normal people's logic, the attacker would've very much went there for reasons that have nothing to do with it being a gun-free zone or not. Besides, most attackers expect to die once they've finished performing their attack. This isn't getting to the fact that students (90% of the people who make up the premises) cannot bear arms for obvious reasons.

And less guns/more laws won't stop mass attacks by any stretch. People would be surprised at what one can pull off with insanity and a little imagination, but people posted about that already. Where gun control talk is needed most are the places with the most violence. The 20 biggest cities account for about 30-40% of all gun homicides, and a little over that number in assault with a firearm. They make up around 10% of the population I should add.

The US is basically a collection of countries (totaling 330 million people) with different sensitivities. Wyoming is a middle-of-nowhere state (over half of which having no wi-fi) where the closest police station could be 20-30 miles away from you. I could actually see why such a place would be fine with allowing concealed carry in public schools. You can't just make gun laws that blanket them with say... Los Angeles, California. I can safely tell you that allowing teachers to carry in a NYC school would 1. Not help in protecting anyone and 2. Open the possibility of all kinds of disaster. Disaster is putting it generously, you'd be exposing teachers to the danger of dumbass delinquents who have not a lick of common sense.

I'm all for gun reform in some way, it clearly needs to happen. I don't like how much sway the NRA has via lobbying, but that can be said about most things within the government. And I do think that mental health needs to be taken more seriously to stop unfit people from purchasing firearms with such ease. Though that won't stop them from finding other methods. I'm not an expert by any stretch, but it's a complex issue which would've been resolved by now if it were so simple.

Edit: Yeah pretty much.
VV
Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 03:36:40 pm by Niitris
#979  February 23, 2018, 11:39:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The "tell the federal govt. to fuck off, let the states fix their problems individually" philosophy applies well there;
#980  February 24, 2018, 09:08:15 am
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞