Share this topic:
Re: QOTD
#16601  February 13, 2019, 10:36:32 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter

lui

#16602  February 13, 2019, 10:47:20 pm
    • USA
I'm not gonna take any side in this discussion but i find the use of the word "millennials" to be absolutely cringeworthy and just reeks of elitism. I hate that word.

It's alright to have a neutral perspective on things, especially arguments like this.  ;D

Also yeah... "millennial". Such a broad and misused term. I'm not even too sure if I am one myself!

Both you and kakkoi are acting extremely cringeworthy over a small ass remark about kakkoi comparing mugen to fighting game, can you both stop lol

You're both overreacting and trying to 1 up each other in terms of insults and shit that nobody here needs to hear about on and on. You both are looking immature as hell right now, just stop replying to each other and leave this stupid subject alone and stop derailing this thread over said subject good Lord.

#16603  February 13, 2019, 11:22:37 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
Both you and kakkoi are acting extremely cringeworthy over a small ass remark about kakkoi comparing mugen to fighting game, can you both stop lol

You're both overreacting and trying to 1 up each other in terms of insults and shit that nobody here needs to hear about on and on. You both are looking immature as hell right now, just stop replying to each other and leave this stupid subject alone and stop derailing this thread over said subject good Lord.

Yeah, only seems fair.  :lipsrsealed2:

(besides, this forum's supposed to be a "question of the day" forum, right?)
#16604  February 13, 2019, 11:30:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nope, quote.

What is the best case of “you just picked a fight with the wrong person” that you've witnessed?

Happened to me, and recently.

An employee at the neighborhood cafe I had frequented for the past six years started harrassing and intimidating me at the beginning of last year, because her boyfriend (also co-worker) was in the habit of flirting with me every time I came in. He would try hitting on me right in front of her, completely oblivious to her while she stood there watching and fuming. I noticed her in my peripheral vision each time, and would simply walk away and pretend not to understand her boyfriend’s advances.

To get away with her emotionally abusive tactics towards the customer that was done with stealthy duplicity, the charming and saccharine employee (a try-hard performance I saw right though when she was hired not too long before all this began) would try to insult me to my face as she took my order each day by pretending to have forgotten my name. She didn’t hide the fact that she was pretending either, but would flutter her lashes, look up at me doe eyed innocently and sweetly say each day, “I’m so sorry, what’s your name again?”

After I told her with a poker face, despite knowing what she was doing, she’d smile happily to herself as she typed in my name, as though pleased that she’d been able to dominate another human being. And after I’d sat down at my usual table, she’d march over, hover over me and began loudly and cheerfully addressing all the other regulars by name.

She’d snicker as she looked me up and down, stifle her laughter as she studied my face each time I was giving her my order, or suddenly appear right beside me if I was at the condiment bar in the back, sighing in subtle exasperation as though she still couldn’t get rid of me. Found phlegm floating in my drink at one point, but not wanting to accuse anyone without proof I didn’t report it.

When I kept coming back (this covert narcissist still didn’t get after eight months that her emotional bullying had no effect on me, as she was such a mediocre person all I really felt was embarrassment for her), she took to groaning dramatically and making as though wanting to vomit when I was next in line, and then she started slandering me. Told her boyfriend that I cursed at her while she took my order and who knows what else, in order to turn him against me, the customer who wanted nothing to do with either of them. He started watching me with suspicion (and she’d grin happily beside him at how things were turning out) and she got other younger employees, eager minions, to report to her when I’d go by in the evenings when she wasn’t on shift, so she could continue harrassing me when she wasn’t there.

As all of this went on, I made both mental and physical note of it all.

I write about human rights issues, the world’s oppressors and tyrants, and bad behavior in general, and I do so without political correctness but acerbic flair. I’m also an easy target for bullies — I’m an introvert, am always sitting in the cafe by myself, reading or writing, and rarely interact with others around me. Having not reacted to her provocations and bullying all those months was mistaken for submissiveness and weakness, instead of what I was exercising in the presence of attention seekers — stoicism.

I waited for the right time, when she’d least expect, before writing a long-ass review on the cafe’s Yelp page, describing in full detail all the crap she’d pulled on me, the customer, for nearly a year. Made sure to mention that I wrote about bullies for a living and I’d spoken to some buddies who’re attorneys, which could only make her look even more stupid, targeting and slandering a person/customer she knew nothing about, and the fact that none of the complaints I’d made in private (I made five in total after eight months, when her mask had begun to slide almost completely off) were taken seriously by others. Cafe lost my business and damaged their own reputation, because the “sweetest” two-faced employee they had on staff managed to manipulate all of them, causing this much trouble for everyone.

That repulsive person was exposed in front of an audience, and I can only imagine that the inevitable outcome was that she was fired. All of this because of a guy, in what I now refer to as a great anecdote, and the saddest display of insecurity I’d ever seen.

Also, how’s that for a front-runner for the Darwin awards?
#16605  February 13, 2019, 11:55:51 pm
  • Skateboard Game Enthusiast
  • Slowly but surely!
    • USA
    • joeythetricky.wixsite.com/mugen
#16606  February 14, 2019, 02:48:02 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I'm not gonna take any side in this discussion but i find the use of the word "millennials" to be absolutely cringeworthy and just reeks of elitism. I hate that word.

It's alright to have a neutral perspective on things, especially arguments like this.  ;D

Also yeah... "millennial". Such a broad and misused term. I'm not even too sure if I am one myself!

dude I'm just replying once since somebody criticizing my cooking skill metaphorically...
#16607  February 14, 2019, 02:56:36 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
yea idk what lui is talking about, this was a 3 post long "argument" in fact if anyone was overreacting it was him, sorta. but at least this ended before it got started.
#16608  February 14, 2019, 02:59:03 am
walrus just wanted to type "extremely cringeworthy" because it rhymes, and make random reason for it.
#16609  February 14, 2019, 03:17:29 am
nope, quote.

What is the best case of “you just picked a fight with the wrong person” that you've witnessed?

Happened to me, and recently.

An employee at the neighborhood cafe I had frequented for the past six years started harrassing and intimidating me at the beginning of last year, because her boyfriend (also co-worker) was in the habit of flirting with me every time I came in. He would try hitting on me right in front of her, completely oblivious to her while she stood there watching and fuming. I noticed her in my peripheral vision each time, and would simply walk away and pretend not to understand her boyfriend’s advances.

To get away with her emotionally abusive tactics towards the customer that was done with stealthy duplicity, the charming and saccharine employee (a try-hard performance I saw right though when she was hired not too long before all this began) would try to insult me to my face as she took my order each day by pretending to have forgotten my name. She didn’t hide the fact that she was pretending either, but would flutter her lashes, look up at me doe eyed innocently and sweetly say each day, “I’m so sorry, what’s your name again?”

After I told her with a poker face, despite knowing what she was doing, she’d smile happily to herself as she typed in my name, as though pleased that she’d been able to dominate another human being. And after I’d sat down at my usual table, she’d march over, hover over me and began loudly and cheerfully addressing all the other regulars by name.

She’d snicker as she looked me up and down, stifle her laughter as she studied my face each time I was giving her my order, or suddenly appear right beside me if I was at the condiment bar in the back, sighing in subtle exasperation as though she still couldn’t get rid of me. Found phlegm floating in my drink at one point, but not wanting to accuse anyone without proof I didn’t report it.

When I kept coming back (this covert narcissist still didn’t get after eight months that her emotional bullying had no effect on me, as she was such a mediocre person all I really felt was embarrassment for her), she took to groaning dramatically and making as though wanting to vomit when I was next in line, and then she started slandering me. Told her boyfriend that I cursed at her while she took my order and who knows what else, in order to turn him against me, the customer who wanted nothing to do with either of them. He started watching me with suspicion (and she’d grin happily beside him at how things were turning out) and she got other younger employees, eager minions, to report to her when I’d go by in the evenings when she wasn’t on shift, so she could continue harrassing me when she wasn’t there.

As all of this went on, I made both mental and physical note of it all.

I write about human rights issues, the world’s oppressors and tyrants, and bad behavior in general, and I do so without political correctness but acerbic flair. I’m also an easy target for bullies — I’m an introvert, am always sitting in the cafe by myself, reading or writing, and rarely interact with others around me. Having not reacted to her provocations and bullying all those months was mistaken for submissiveness and weakness, instead of what I was exercising in the presence of attention seekers — stoicism.

I waited for the right time, when she’d least expect, before writing a long-ass review on the cafe’s Yelp page, describing in full detail all the crap she’d pulled on me, the customer, for nearly a year. Made sure to mention that I wrote about bullies for a living and I’d spoken to some buddies who’re attorneys, which could only make her look even more stupid, targeting and slandering a person/customer she knew nothing about, and the fact that none of the complaints I’d made in private (I made five in total after eight months, when her mask had begun to slide almost completely off) were taken seriously by others. Cafe lost my business and damaged their own reputation, because the “sweetest” two-faced employee they had on staff managed to manipulate all of them, causing this much trouble for everyone.

That repulsive person was exposed in front of an audience, and I can only imagine that the inevitable outcome was that she was fired. All of this because of a guy, in what I now refer to as a great anecdote, and the saddest display of insecurity I’d ever seen.

Also, how’s that for a front-runner for the Darwin awards?

so the writer of this article is a closet lesbian who actually like the female employee for 8 months
#16610  February 17, 2019, 05:14:07 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
are you assuming her gender just because she's a lesbian?

lui

#16611  February 17, 2019, 08:12:51 am
    • USA
walrus just wanted to type "extremely cringeworthy" because it rhymes, and make random reason for it.

no, you trying to use "fancy millennial" as an insult and basically egging him on is what i was calling out, which then in turn turned into a dumb convo in the thread about the word millennial being cringe apparently, which is dumb in itself because it's not even an insult.

you were trying to act witty and instead of just calling out the other guy overreacting, you decided to act like you should talk him down as if that made anything better.

you could have shut the whole thing down but instead nope, you decided to let it drag on even after i explained to the other guy you were just using hyperbole and he was the one overreacting.

Most of the members in this forum are millennials, it's not a term that means anything but the fact that they're born in the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, which is again, most of this forum. using it as an insult is as dumb as me saying "you're a damn baby boomer". there's literally no meaning other than "wow you're a certain age so you must be less educated than i am"

even right now you're being snarky by saying i called you out to find something to rhyme with for no reason, which is pretty silly and sounds like something a kid would use as an insult. instead of again, discussing things like an adult.

i know you're an older member, so act your age instead of trying to be the person with the last word. if you're gonna reply to this with another witty comment, don't. this is not meant to restart this whole thing again, it's meant for me to explain in depth why i called you out as well since you're accusing me of doing it because i couldn't do anything else. If you wanna discuss things like an adult, fine, go ahead, but don't do it here.

this should be the last thing said about that whole topic, it's not about me getting the last word in, it's about just getting everything out of the way so things can go back to normal.
Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:21:09 am by Walruslui
#16612  February 17, 2019, 08:38:54 am
    • tehwii@gmail.com
i get what youre saying, lui, i really do, but this discussion was actually over and you just chose to revive it with a long ass post. you are taking this way, way too seriously- the same overreaction youre accusing others of. cool off, if these guys continue, we can break it up then.
#16613  February 17, 2019, 01:50:36 pm
Less drama, more quotes like this:
how am I making you feel unconfortable by having sex with MY OWN sister? its not like I'm touching your sister...
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#16614  February 17, 2019, 02:47:20 pm
 :bravo:
#16615  February 17, 2019, 04:35:39 pm
jesus i know there's a market for that but i think those who are in to those are usually the only child . they don't know how irritating to have one.
#16616  February 19, 2019, 04:16:19 am
#16617  February 22, 2019, 10:19:18 am
behold the worst game review ever created where the writer hasn't even played the fucking game:
The Last of Us Review – Game Features

Many followers requested us to write brief The Last of Us review, It is an exciting action first person shooting game. The game is all about survival.

the last of us review
The Last of Us Game Review

This game is a survival instinct where you are surrounded by dangerous zombies all over. You have to keep yourself safe. Defend your self otherwise you’ll be a zombie too.  The graphics and sounds in game are awesome. It seems we are really into the game. Humanity moral values are changed. You have to do anything to survive on planet. Players will be attacked by zombies several times. Players have to fight for their lives. Other humans are either infected or dead already. The main characters are a warrior and a brave and strong teenage girl.
Features of The Last of Us

The main game character is Joel. Whose own family members are already dead or infected. He is the only one who can save the world now. The routine of Joel is tough and his actions are brutal as well. They should be like it. After all he has to fight against zombies. The deadliest creatures which are eating up all remaining humans. he door to his heart is sealed shut. The Game Last of Us is all about the main players who are fighting against zombies. These players have no fear and have nothing to lose. Joel have very violent and brutal actions. The styles with which he kills enemy are very hard.

the last of us game

Joel has a partner woman whose nature is related to Joel’s. Her name is Tess. She is emotional in start. She feels little resistance while killing the zombies. But soon she can pull the trigger with confidence. Because as she has already partnered with brutal Joel. Last of us game has already achieved a very good ranking on IGN and GameSpot. The background music and zombie noises seems very real. The gaming engine which is used to develop Last of Us is powered by state of art technology;

Both Joel and Tess are as deadly as Zombies. Equipped with rifles and axes. The main theme is you have to keep your self undetected and kill as many zombies you can to live more life on earth. We’ll keep updating the last of use review regularly.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#16618  February 22, 2019, 06:11:44 pm
most game "journalist" are like that , some of them aren't even reviewing the games more like ranting if there's no gay people in it.
#16619  February 22, 2019, 09:32:27 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
What an extremely deep and thoughtful insight thank you
#16620  February 23, 2019, 12:59:07 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
behold the worst game review ever created where the writer hasn't even played the fucking game:

This reads like the Steam description of a Last of Us knockoff made by some weird dev studio from a 3rd world country.