YesNoOk

Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch) (Read 122177 times)

Started by Kirishima, February 27, 2019, 03:08:36 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield (Switch)
#321  November 13, 2019, 11:01:18 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

But anyway, there's a rumour going around that the game is the way it is because Game Freak's model importer messed up and they couldn't fix it, so the whole dex culling was just a cover up to save face.

It very much comes across as a "my uncle works at Nintendo" thing, but it would conveniently explain away most of the issues. I suppose a statement Masuda made during a Nintendo Power interview in 2011 contradicts some of the PR stuff he's said recently, specifically the part about not wanting to ever cull Pokémon.

But you came here for funnies and not conspiracy theories, so here you go:

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#322  November 13, 2019, 01:47:49 pm
    • Brazil
If these rumors are true, these incompetent shitheads had better get this fixed for the DPP remakes. When you're reusing a lot of shit like they are, there is no excuse for the lack of content we've been presented with.
#323  November 14, 2019, 12:12:20 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
As convenient as the explanation is, I'm filing these rumors under "proof or GTFO". Unless the OP can provide hard evidence to back their case, I will remain skeptical.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#324  November 14, 2019, 01:36:18 am
    • Brazil
Oh, we just have to wait until the next game. Considering how trash this one is, I'm sure they'll want to release the DPP remakes ASAP.
#325  November 14, 2019, 02:06:48 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
As much as I'd like that to be true, something holding me back is the whole models being identical issue for those in the game already.  It once again boils down to what people were saying months ago when the models were initially questioned; if they were remaking them from scratch, then one: how did they manage to recreate them 1 for 1 perfectly identical and two: why would they not willingly take the opportunity presented to them to improve upon the ones they could work with to some extent?  It's my understanding reading that post that if the importer was broken for any of them, it would likely impact most if not all of them so GF's statement that they needed to work on the models would hold some water.  It's just the logistics of how they got it perfectly matching the state they were prior and why even do that at all with a better, or at least DIFFERENT for the console release alternative that bugs me.
#326  November 14, 2019, 02:16:24 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#327  November 14, 2019, 02:35:24 am
  • For honor!
They're using the same model frames since X and Y. It's been found in the data. I don't think they screwed up the importer since they clearly imported those models in. It also means they didn't actually remake the models entirely from scratch so that interview was PR lies. I think the fans should stop going after game freak and also after each other and start yelling at the higher ups in the Poke'mon Company because something ain't right there.

At least the game itself is apparently very good in spite of the development conditions. That's honestly a relief. I can't wait to see it for myself in Poke'mon Gun version.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:42:45 am by Alpaca-San
#328  November 15, 2019, 02:10:24 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Take this as the hearsay as it pretty much is, but checking in at our Gamestop tonight it see if they were going to do a midnight release or not, that was the plan at least last week but with less than 50 orders remaining in nearby stores with people pulling their pre-orders the midnight release was also pulled.  So oof.  Don't know how other people are with their various local chains but that's a first for me, even Let's Go had a midnight release here.
Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:21:11 am by Long John Killer
#329  November 15, 2019, 04:12:49 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I believe that the people pre-ordering are usually the more hard-core fans and people who can't wait for the next game; both categories would have taken a hit with the controversy, so I might not be surprised that pre-release sales might be down.

I believe the real test for Pokemon Sword and Shield is this upcoming holiday season. The two games are Nintendo's main Christmas offering this year, which would be a good reason why the games can't be delayed any longer to make it complete.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#330  November 15, 2019, 08:42:57 am
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 08:55:46 am by 1Ultima
#331  November 15, 2019, 10:54:00 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
I read this could also be the fault of cheap/counterfeit SD cards corrupting during a crash, similarly to what happened with the Piranha Plant DLC for Smash.
#332  November 15, 2019, 10:54:56 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
Whoa hey I didn't know Piranha Plant was in this game.

#333  November 15, 2019, 06:08:05 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
It looks like verdict is in:

The biggest problem right now is I can't tell if this score is a result of genuine issues or review bombing by salty mobs.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#334  November 15, 2019, 06:29:05 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
It's Metacritic.  It's always review bombing by salty mobs. 
#335  November 15, 2019, 06:33:57 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I'm actually being serious this time. With the contraversy around the game and the potential for review-bombing mobs, I seriously can't tell if the game has issues or the salty crews are working overtime.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#336  November 15, 2019, 06:52:12 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
Speaking as someone who has the game:
Its Ok.

There are some issues but overall a decent experience.
#337  November 15, 2019, 07:08:48 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I'm actually being serious this time. With the contraversy around the game and the potential for review-bombing mobs, I seriously can't tell if the game has issues or the salty crews are working overtime.

I mean, it's not even unique to SwSh.  Every movie and every game, Metacritic user scores are always weaponized by the internet hype/outrage machine.  It's never indicative of the product itself.
#338  November 15, 2019, 08:02:37 pm
  • Self-proclaimed best creator!
I'm still interested on this game a little, even though I'm not a Pokemaniac anymore.
It's okay this game has flaws. Yes, I know it got crappy graphics, bad animation, uneccessary handhold moments, recycled animation for the old Pokemon, Ohmori bad directing again and blah blah blah.
But overbadmouthing about it is disrespectful.
I'll wait for the sale though.
This is fate.
#339  November 15, 2019, 08:15:02 pm
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Speaking as someone who has the game:
Its Ok.

There are some issues but overall a decent experience.
Pretty much.  I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.  It isn't that horrid, just not that different.
#340  November 15, 2019, 09:08:19 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
It was always going to be meh at worst. It's Pokémon, so it's not going to be WWE 2K20 or Sonic 06 levels of bad, just not good either.

I just don't feel like paying extra for a game that has less content than the previous game, of which I had zero interest in and was actually gifted.