YesNoOk

"Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07) (Read 18085 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, July 24, 2012, 02:04:23 pm
Re: "Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation
#41  July 25, 2012, 01:24:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
i gouken is gonna be 20-25 I don't think her daughter would work, unless you mean goutetsu's.
#42  July 25, 2012, 01:27:19 am
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
#43  July 25, 2012, 02:10:38 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Pardon my indiscretion, but I felt inspired by this thread...

Here you go... it's all I could whip up in 30 mins:

TOP: Gouki/Akuma, LEFT: Sagat, RIGHT: Gouken

All the designs are based on existing designs for the characters, so I take credit for none of them.
#44  July 25, 2012, 04:41:58 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Niiiice man!! Very cool.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#45  July 25, 2012, 04:58:49 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Those are awesome.

I always thought young Akuma's design looked like a pissed off Ryu but with short spiky hair (kinda like Tatsu's) and young Gouken is a Brunette Ken with a white Gi...or better yet young Gouken is a brunette young Ryu with long hair.

How uniquely inspired were the designers. :P

I'll be posting some official images of stuff that people are already familiar with along with stuff that some of you may have not yet seen...just for thread reference.

The first image includes a young Sagat, early Gouken designs, Dat One Goutetsu Art, Gen training a very young Chun-Li, a teenage Chun-Li fighting an unknown monk (Retsu??), Chun-Li being harrased by some suited up men (Shadoloo in its earlier years??)...I would say Sagat and Claw but the obvious give-away references are not there...and some rejected Street Fighter II character designs (There's two that look to be part of Delta Red, a mistress that's very Rose-like and some thug pimp that resembles Birdie or Damnd.

I'll be uploading more for open discussion.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 05:56:17 am by MaxBeta
#46  July 25, 2012, 09:22:37 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Pardon my indiscretion, but I felt inspired by this thread...

Here you go... it's all I could whip up in 30 mins:

TOP: Gouki/Akuma, LEFT: Sagat, RIGHT: Gouken

All the designs are based on existing designs for the characters, so I take credit for none of them.

Sagat with Hair.... interesting.
His fighting style could be a bit different maybe, i would say remove his Tiger Uppercut, and instead give him 1-2 more kick based special moves.

I had no Idea that small idea could interest so many people, anyway i made some thoughts about the first and small roster. 6 playable characters and 1 boss would be the idea

Also, no big story for the start, nothing epic about saving the world, defeating mighty foes etc.

Idea would be that Goutetsu, Gouken`s and Akuma`s master wants to test the skills of his two students.

He invites martial artists  to a little tournament to prove their skills, including Gouken and Akuma of course, and as a final challenge, Goutetsu is the final opponent.
I dont know if it is possible with Mugen but how about making him a special boss who cant be defeated, and its only the goal of the player to survive the round? That would be a bit different concept as usual, but would add to the status of Goutetsu as a powerful master or?

The roster of the (first) 6 characters could be

Gouken - around 30 years old
Akuma, around 20 years

Lee - about 27
Retsu - around 30 years

Sagat, young, hot-blooded, skinnier as before, around 23 years old
Mike (i like the ideas by MaxBeta for him) also around 20 years old.

Gouken as main protagonist, Akuma as his rival ...short before becoming evil.

Other characters could be added, the story could evolve after this project would exist.

Who of you would sprite, code, be a part of the project?

I have 4 artists on deviantart already who love the idea and would draw portraits and concept art

#47  July 25, 2012, 09:35:33 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
something to look forward to
#48  July 25, 2012, 03:51:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Dictator does body hoping, he has no specific gender/age (afaik) as well so the people can go crazy with dictator (kid body, female body, old guy, handsome guy, whatever), oro was already old back then. go hibiki could be older than sagat, mike haggar is also old enough as well as the andore family.
#49  July 25, 2012, 05:30:35 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
Andore...YES!

Also, Dhalsim should be a tad bit older than Sagat around this time.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#50  July 25, 2012, 05:31:33 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
haha Dictator is a hermit crab...needs a new shell every now and then.  ;P
#51  July 25, 2012, 05:40:03 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

M. Bison should be around the 60 year old mark at present time as was disclosed by Capcom a few years ago.

Sagat is also up there.

Ryu and Ken will be hitting their 50's soon. Ryu is almost a year older than Ken.

http://capcom.wikia.com/wiki/Capcom_Database Search for any character by name. Most of their profiles have birthdates.
#52  July 25, 2012, 05:46:22 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am all for original dictator being female because a) when his soul splits it goes to a female body (rose), b) he chooses male bodies just because they are stronger, but eh even tried to geneetically engineer a female body for his use (cammy).
#53  July 25, 2012, 05:48:55 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
^ That, and the fact that the already talked about roster is a HUGE sausage fest.

Also, its always interesting to have a female be one of the bosses in a fighting game. "You got owned by a girl" references and whatnot.

I remember Amakusa would annoy the hell out of me when I first got to play Samurai Showdown...although I don't think Amakusa is a she. lol
#54  July 25, 2012, 06:07:19 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Ryu ang ken are almost 50?  o_O

Weren't they in their late 30's in sf3?
#55  July 25, 2012, 06:22:06 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ he means their birthdates

And if the games would play in reality time , 2012
#56  July 25, 2012, 06:23:07 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I am all for original dictator being female because a) when his soul splits it goes to a female body (rose), b) he chooses male bodies just because they are stronger, but eh even tried to geneetically engineer a female body for his use (cammy).

Bison wont be in the game, except you or someone else would claim to make him /her/it for this game
#57  July 25, 2012, 06:23:21 pm
    • USA
Yeah, lol, i went and looked.

It made sense afterward.  :P
Re: "Street Fighter 0" - the first Generation (first post updated on 25.07)
#58  July 25, 2012, 07:24:11 pm
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
You guys ever wonder why Cammy looks the way she looks? I mean... we know the other females are all kidnapped girls (like T. Hawk's sister, for example), but Cammy is all clone.

Maybe that's what Dictator originally looked like?  :o

We can put "her" in her original body and sort of give her a combination of Cammy's attacks and use that as an excuse to have Cammy in the game in one way or another. Dunno, just brainstorming.

Cammy in Rose's clothes? Too much? Too cheesy?
#59  July 25, 2012, 07:34:23 pm
    • USA
Holy mindfuck...what if bison actually was born a woman? What if the man bodies are just useful shells?

It would make sense why shes so evil, all women are!  :P

Im am kidding so hard, please no one take me seriously.
#60  July 25, 2012, 08:03:29 pm
Actually, Rose is a woman because she's Bisons polar opposite. Like Yin and Yang, Good and Evil, Male and Female.
I think that Cammy's a woman because according to Ingrid, Bisons power was "her power", and Bison stole it. While cloning himself, some of Ingrid's DNA(?) went into Cammy.