YesNoOk

The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: Justice for Floyd edition (Read 651791 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, March 22, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#1121  March 02, 2018, 12:19:31 pm
atari lol
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "Solution to the gun problem? More guns!"
#1122  March 02, 2018, 03:16:13 pm
  • More blood and gore please.
    • USA
    • johncrystal00@embarqmail.com
It seems that he's doing this because a Republican from Kentucky is pushing for this. Obama did the same thing back when he was president and nothing ever really came out of it. The lack of invitations to the big wigs in the gaming industry is somewhat the same as what happened when Obama did this too. This seems like something that must be done so that nobody gets called out for not looking into a problem that somebody else says we have. I'm not worried about this whatsoever. 1st amendment protects media and plus other countries play the same games. But those statistics on that site I posted yesterday from 2010 are kind of an eye opener. If they're right kids become more aggressive as a whole when they play more mature video games. I don't see this in my son or daughter though at all.
#1123  March 02, 2018, 04:25:16 pm
Apparently you don't know how to read statistics.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1124  March 02, 2018, 04:38:25 pm
    • USA
Apparently you didn't read them. Check it out for yourself. Section 21 is what really got my attention.
#1125  March 02, 2018, 05:01:23 pm
I know, I did read it. Your conclusion from reading it is bad.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1126  March 02, 2018, 05:32:01 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#1127  March 02, 2018, 05:58:02 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Nah, that's regular violence which just so happened to take place in a university campus, not a spree shooting.
#1128  March 02, 2018, 06:29:05 pm
    • USA
I know, I did read it. Your conclusion from reading it is bad.

Twice as much bullying, twice as much fighting. Where did I go wrong?

@ Memo - yeah I think Foobs is right. Apparently the murderer wanted those 2 people dead.

#1129  March 02, 2018, 07:42:47 pm
Lichtbringer already explained exactly where you went wrong, but you just acted like it didn't happen and you went back to saying the same stupidity. Everybody knows what you're doing.
You can't put two numbers side to side and claim one causes the other. That is flat out not how statistics work, you have to explain the number. The graph you're looking at doesn't even show time, how do you know that number wasn't higher before ? How come you don't think that video game sales have decreased violent crimes ? Because that's what graphs 13 to 16 show.
The proper way statistics work is if the total number of violent acts decreases and the number of gamers goes up, then obviously statistics will find that the number of violent kids play video games, but that's still ignoring the decrease in violence.
If you can't read that on a graph then don't read statistics.
Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 07:49:15 pm by Byakko
#1130  March 02, 2018, 08:51:10 pm
    • USA
Nobody proved me wrong about anything. I wasn't even referring to a graph. I was referring to the side by side %'s of boy and girls that play violent games and those that do not. The one showing how many bully, how many get into fights, etc. What are you talking about? I never said it had anything to do with violent crimes. I simply said it showed some evidence of increased aggression. Something I did not realize. Of course it doesn't have to do with violent crimes. I've already said I don't believe that. I've been playing violent video games since they started pretty much. I'm perfectly fine as are my own kids.

Update on that dude that shot those 2 at that college: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/02/gunman-opens-fire-at-central-michigan-university-2-shot.html
Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 09:08:45 pm by VGames
#1131  March 02, 2018, 09:55:31 pm
I wasn't even referring to a graph.
Do you have reading comprehension issues or something ? This page is a bunch of graphs. That table you're looking at is one of them, and I'm talking about all these graphs in general. Don't be dense.
What are you talking about? I never said it had anything to do with violent crimes.
Of course it doesn't have to do with violent crimes.
I didn't say you did ? I'm the one talking about the other graphs.
I simply said it showed some evidence of increased aggression.
But see, that's the thing : it doesn't show that at all. There's no increase at all, there's no movement in that table.
Compare that table you're looking at to graph #16. It shows the decrease in bullying over 10 years. Now look at graphs 13 to 15 that all show an increase of video game sales. There have been less bullies, and more video game players. Table #18 also shows a very clear decrease in juvenile violent crimes. Obviously an instant snapshot at the end of both those time periods will show that more bullies play video games - and guess what, kids who aren't bullies also play more video games. And some of them play violent video games too, but you apparently don't want to understand that.
Again, you are reading those statistics wrong when you think that (violent) video games cause an increase in aggression. In the first place, the "increase" is completely wrong because you're looking at a fixed point in time that doesn't actually compare the state to a previous point in time. You made up that "increase" in your head.
Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 10:00:58 pm by Byakko
#1132  March 02, 2018, 10:03:55 pm
    • USA
Ok Byakko. Thank you for clearing that up.
#1133  March 03, 2018, 12:34:27 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#1134  March 08, 2018, 06:03:38 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#1135  March 08, 2018, 03:12:42 pm
    • USA
Don't think anything is gonna happen after this. This is just something that has to be done to appease work associates that are jumping up and down about video game violence on both sides. If he didn't do anything regarding this they'd crucify him for not giving any attention to this "issue". I mean one of Trump's all time favorite movies is Bloodsport. The guy likes him some action.
#1136  March 13, 2018, 03:17:42 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
A tweet from Donald Trump:

THE HOUSE INTELLIGENCE COMMITTEE HAS, AFTER A 14 MONTH LONG IN-DEPTH INVESTIGATION, FOUND NO EVIDENCE OF COLLUSION OR COORDINATION BETWEEN THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN AND RUSSIA TO INFLUENCE THE 2016 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/973360355790479361

And correlating news article:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/12/house-intel-finds-no-evidence-collusion-between-trump-campaign-and-russia.html

So, I guess the whole Trump is colluding with Russia is a whole lot of nothing then?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1137  March 13, 2018, 03:22:01 am
The keyword in that headline is "house Republicans". That report is by the majority only, everyone else still disagrees and says that report is bogus and massively incomplete.
There are other investigations still running, and some of them are bipartisan.
Why would you even read Fox News
Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:37:47 am by Byakko
Re: The Donald Trump Political MAGAthread: "You're Fired!!" Round 5?
#1138  March 13, 2018, 08:48:50 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
#1139  March 13, 2018, 10:04:38 pm
    • USA
The keyword in that headline is "house Republicans". That report is by the majority only, everyone else still disagrees and says that report is bogus and massively incomplete.
There are other investigations still running, and some of them are bipartisan.
Why would you even read Fox News

Your actually still holding on to that Russian collusion? LOL
#1140  March 13, 2018, 10:30:54 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA