YesNoOk

Death Battle (And sprite fight animations) (Read 17342109 times)

Started by Long John Killer, April 09, 2015, 03:59:16 am
Share this topic:
Re: Death Battle (And sprite fight animations)
#2201  October 17, 2019, 02:57:37 pm
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Next up is Mob vs Tatsumaki.  I've not seen Mob Psycho 100, but I do know ONE's propensity for writing indescribably OP characters pretty well.  Should be interesting to see how strong OPM-level characters really are when they start crunching the numbers.

one already said mob is superior to tatsumaki. so there's no point.
#2202  October 19, 2019, 03:06:48 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Nnnnn-nah.  Real cool animation, but kind of really downplaying the Goddesses' power thus Ganondorf's.  I mean, they say it's limitless for a reason.  The three each took different roles in the creation of the living world, one did the people, one did....nature, I think, I don't have the guide in front of me right now, but Din made the actual planet.  I would imagine that much it being planetary wouldn't be up for debate.
Sure, Din made a planet, and the Triforce of Power supposedly contains all her powers, but... Ganondorf's never come even remotely close to displaying anything like that level of power, ever. It's probably safe to say that no mortal, not even an unkillable incarnation of a demon's hate, is capable of wielding the full power of the Triforce. But even if one were to assume that Ganon is capable of outputting enough energy to create a planet, as the Death Battle guys did, Dracula's got him trumped because his theoretical max power output (that he also has never come close to displaying in any of his apperances) is universal level.

All in all, I think it was a pretty reasonable analysis (aside from the implication that Link and various Belmonts/Soma have reaction speeds approaching the speed of light, which is... wild); I didn't know that Demonic Meggido is supposed to be a holy attack (I do wonder if that description of that is a super faithful translation, cuz that seems odd), but if it is, that seems like it'd make this matchup a slam dunk in Drac's favor.
#2203  October 19, 2019, 03:42:19 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
What I want to know is what do they mean in their end of battle breakdown they say the Triforce of Power has been overpowered in the original Legend of Zelda and Twilight Princess?  I don't think beating Ganon via sword swings should count as overpowering someone with more strength, that's like saying a bullet is stronger than a heavyweight lifter.  And Twilight Princess?  Ganondorf mopped the floor with Midna's Fused Shadow.  It's why there was a final battle in the field set ablaze at all, because the game seemed all wrapped up and finished having Midna go final form on him then it did nothing.

I have admittingly not played either the original in 100% full in a good long while nor Twilight Princess since the HD rerelease a few years back, so maybe I'm just blanking on something, but in a battle of raw power I can not recall anything in Zelda defeating the literal source of power.

What is that Demonic Meggido description quote from anyways, I evidently am not familiar with this game and that seems rather contradictory to Dracula's, well, whole deal with how his powers work.
Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:37:45 am by Long John Killer
#2204  October 21, 2019, 12:03:04 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
So XvX has joined up with Hyun's Dojo
#2205  October 22, 2019, 02:08:03 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I have admittingly not played either the original in 100% full in a good long while nor Twilight Princess since the HD rerelease a few years back, so maybe I'm just blanking on something, but in a battle of raw power I can not recall anything in Zelda defeating the literal source of power.
Nothing in the world of Zelda may have overpowered it, but that doesn't at all mean its power is thus unlimited. Ganon has never shown any feats that come even remotely close to wielding enough power to create a planet.

What is that Demonic Meggido description quote from anyways, I evidently am not familiar with this game and that seems rather contradictory to Dracula's, well, whole deal with how his powers work.
In addition to being used by Drac, It's also an attack usable by one of the demon helpers in Curse of Darkness, and the description comes from there.
#2206  October 22, 2019, 02:43:23 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
As far as overpowering Dorf's triforce, the argument could also be made that Power is routinely defeated by superior Courage and Wisdom, on both of which Dracula arguably has the edge over Ganon.

:EDIT:  Mafia

Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 11:58:52 pm by Person Man
#2207  October 28, 2019, 04:03:52 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!

Vampire fight time.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#2208  October 30, 2019, 11:08:07 pm
    • USA
Senpukyaku

#2209  November 06, 2019, 09:42:32 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB

#2210  November 07, 2019, 12:02:50 am
    • USA
Really weird animation in this one.  It looks like they had four or five different animators working on this but no unified style guide for any of them.  Made it look super weird when it kept jumping between pixel art and hand-drawn animation.
Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:07:39 am by Person Man
#2211  November 07, 2019, 12:50:59 am
    • USA
Yeah, ok, the next fight feels oddly like a vendetta.  Which don't get me wrong, I don't particularly like Deadpool much either, but in just the initial reveal setting it up as a match made for him to lose?

Now the particulars about that, it's been a long while since I've needed to think about Big Head, but yeah, he probably could pull it off.  If not through a fair fight just completely obliterating Deadpool beyond his broken healing factor, immortal soul and all, then can't he just, like, do something similar to Dreadpool in the "Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe" series and step outside their reality to ours and kill the animators or something?  Very Gwenpool-esque.

I'd imagine Deadpool would realize Big Head's cartoon physics and realize he would need something like The Dip from Who Framed Rodger Rabbit, but it's not exactly like it's something he carries with him or can acquire.  And he can't just remove the mask merged with the person and with his Looney Toons form he can't cause any harm to Big Head.  Well, guess we'll see soon enough.

Spoiler: As for this fight (click to see content)
Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 12:58:02 am by Long John Killer
#2212  November 07, 2019, 05:42:16 am
  • Was it something I said?
I don't remember the first movie too much, but I do remember seeing Son of the Mask (terrible sequel, by the way), and I do remember the dog (who was wearing the mask at the time) being beat by the baby (because it had the powers too). Enough damage to the host would separate them from the Mask. But, it is a powerful character, ending in a stalemate with Loki, who I believe was the creator of the Mask.
#2213  November 07, 2019, 05:54:55 am
    • USA
Well....damned if I remember WHICH, I do recall the Mask being brought up in a past Death Battle Cast from a while ago, where he was used as an example where outside canon sources would be exempt, and Son of the Mask was the key example as to what they would ignore.

Because yeah, who would willingly want to cite Son of the Mask?  And besides being just terrible on all fronts, it doesn't much line up with the comics.  Or the previous movie.
#2214  November 07, 2019, 06:31:57 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
With the last battle, I had a hunch that Tatsumaki would win... but my thought process was always about "She could easily prevent Mob from reaching 100% with her psychic abilities" and not so much the fact that she had better training, better use of her skills and being able to switch from offense to defense on the fly.

Now, this next battle... All I know of The Mask is the first movie. It's a great movie and all, but my biggest issue here is this: What does the Mask have that can effectively kill off Deadpool?
#2215  November 07, 2019, 06:42:26 pm
    • USA
Cartoon physics, effectively.  The Mask operates at a Looney Tunes/Tom and Jerry level of over the top violence, but with the level of actual, real world damage that violence would cause in real life.  Also functional immortality/invulnerability because he takes hits like a cartoon character does, if I’m not mistaken.

Basically he gets to operate on cartoon logic while those around him don’t.
#2216  November 07, 2019, 10:28:27 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Basically if Big Head decides that Wade reminds him of a burger patty, then he's on a bun and that's all she wrote

The conceit of the Mask however, and this is as true in the comics as it was everywhere else, is that if the wearer decides to remove it themselves then it's over for them

And they ALWAYS get tricked or decide to remove it without fail because becoming Big Head is a strain on the psyche
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2217  November 13, 2019, 11:47:46 pm
    • USA
Deathstroke

#2218  November 14, 2019, 12:47:48 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
"Deadpool won't leave Death Battle"

Truer words hath naught been stated
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:13:54 am by Speedpreacher
#2219  November 14, 2019, 01:31:27 am
    • USA
You technecally had it true before the edit too, a death stroke is often at the end of these.

I somewhat want them to keep Deadpool's breakdown equally as short in the full video as well, to keep with the ongoing joke that yeah, we all already know what his deal is, move on to something new.  But I doubt it, it wouldn't be fair to those who missed the last two and they've said in DBC plenty of times how even returning characters are restudied from the ground up.

Speaking of which, last week's DBC hinted at them considering redoing Link vs Cloud.  Which yes please, that's one of my favorite match-ups as well as one of my least favorite videos from them, they straight-up admitted in DBC it was unfairly made to be Smash Bros. Link versus Dissidia Cloud, and Dissidia is a terribly poor source to base these characters off of, they're way too different and certainly nerfed versions of them, to say nothing of the non-canon fest that is Smash Bros.  Plus the whole video was very....I dunno, mean spirited to people liking either Link, Cloud or both.  It was very dismissive of both for some reason.

But I shouldn't hype myself on a possible maybe someday sort of statement.  I just do hope they do so once VII Remake comes out.
Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 01:34:42 am by Long John Killer
#2220  November 21, 2019, 12:21:34 am
    • USA
Mask☆DeMasque