Progress (Read 667498 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#1581  May 08, 2019, 07:57:15 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I could be a beta tester If you need some.

#1582  June 08, 2019, 03:31:55 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#1583  June 23, 2019, 02:37:32 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Ok I know this thread goes unnoticed a lot but hopefully people will reply.

I'm revving up for a beta of kid buu, Just a few small questions before I do so though, just so I know what people care to see atm.

So, all that's left atm, is win poses, intros, his all star mode (I'll go over all star mode a bit later) and his level 3 super. Along with some different aesthetics for the supers.

My questions first are, other than Quickfist who already replied, would want to beta test?

secondly, would you be ok with no intros and winposes in now? (there's one or two I might have to completely edit sprites for so it'll take a bit longer) If people want to test him now I'll make a beta available if people are fine with none atm. I'll send him out, so I can start on nappa's basics as well as search for sounds, if anyone has any of his sounds (japanese preferably) just pm me or link me here.   

otherwise it'll take a bit longer doing the intros win poses etc, to be completely honest, I'm burnt out on kid buu and really want to move on for a bit so I can come back to him fresh and finish him off properly, rather than just rushing and not finishing everything I wanted to (there's still a lot of frames I haven't used)
Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 02:41:21 am by Neocide
#1584  June 23, 2019, 03:01:39 am
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Intros and winpose are must! And I blame SNK for that. They spoiled us. :smug:
In the end, it is a personal decision, since it requires a certain level of work. It's up to you, man.
But yeah, I do want intros and winposes. LOL
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1585  June 25, 2019, 02:34:50 am
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I think he means for the beta testing. And I don't mind it not having them just for the beta phase.

#1586  June 25, 2019, 03:49:39 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Yea I meant for testing, it's ok, I'll do a single intro and win pose for now, I had to change a super anyway so it works out.
Re: Progress (Kid Buu beta coming later today)
#1587  July 05, 2019, 09:12:13 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
7-5-19 

so I decided to just put out a public beta, it's been ages since I put out anything, and he's pretty close to done (needs his level 3 super and his all star mode,and some other intro and win poses etc) but he's far enough along to have lots of fun with. I'm wrapping up a win pose, and his readme, I'll put him out here tomorrow early (I mean later today, it's midnight here)  so stay tuned. 

here's the intro I made for him for now, tried to keep it accurate to the show, but I can't find a yell long enough to do a bit more (the purple lightning basically ) the yell itself I had to improvise (I tried a few dozen with none working well enough) I added a wind effect in between the yell to make it sound sorta like a roar but eh. If anyone has a long yell of kid buu they can send me (he's using his jap voice, but I'm perfectly fine with his English pack if someone has it fully) it'd be greatly appreciated.

https://streamable.com/g0p9a

Re: Progress(Kid Buu beta released)
#1588  July 06, 2019, 06:53:58 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok without further ado, Kid buu~

here's a little showcase video of him in action, I can't pull off all his comboing in video due to my pc being pretty poo poo right now. When I record the it can slowdown and kill my input timing.

http://network.mugenguild.com/neocide/Neo/Kid%20Buu.rar

whatever bugs,suggestions etc you can leave here. Enjoy!

ps WizzyWhipitWonderful kid buu is hurting for his remix :p
#1589  July 07, 2019, 02:28:44 am
    • Argentina
That video is sick!!! I will test your char later (I`m not really an expert but I need to use it for fun)
Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:

DW

#1590  July 07, 2019, 02:40:31 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Indeed, video is nice. I like the new FX you're using. Like for the hitsparks and the kamehameha. Gonna test and get back with you.
#1591  July 07, 2019, 04:07:13 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
hitsparks and the kamehame were thanks to vyn, grabbed from his goku. Thanks again vyn!

also I noticed I forgot to explain the basic combo chaining, but there's so many little combinations,I think it might just be more fun for
people to find them on their own. If it's needed though I will gladly explain ;)

edit- I made a new thread specifically for kid buu and anything regarding him (beta release, bug reports edits,etc..) you can all reply there.
Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:06:13 am by Neocide
#1592  July 07, 2019, 08:34:50 pm
    • Argentina
After several hours of fun I can say that I love this little pink. obviously I could not enjoy it as it should be because I must get used to the mechanics that differ so much from my most classic chars but it is incredibly predictive balanced and fun to use

the only thing that would change would be the aura of charge is very gaseous would prefer something more like the anime with a more glow than steam that also overlaps a lot on the char sprite.

Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:53:17 pm by vlad_alucard
#1593  July 09, 2019, 04:21:14 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
#1594  September 20, 2019, 06:56:01 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
9 - 19 -19

so all of kid buu's supers are now finished, all that's left is his All star (level 3 super) his HD intro and HD Win pose. Then I can finally release this booger and move on. Most likely will be cell next.

-edit forgot need to do a throw too. doh
Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:13:05 am by Neocide
#1595  March 06, 2020, 06:09:05 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
So I had took a bit of a break because I felt extremely burnt out,but I'm back now,I have someone else finishing off kid buu for me,as I'm not entirely ready to jump all the way back into coding specials and supers so I've been working on updating some others with the new updates. Did this for krillen and up next is nappa.
#1596  March 06, 2020, 08:35:57 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Good to know. Take all the time you need for breaks, don't push yourself through burn out.

#1597  May 20, 2020, 11:42:50 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Ok, so I've finished adding in the system,graphics, sounds everything, to everyone. I'm never touching the actual system itself again (might make a few graphical changes to some things but nothing major at all) So my aim now is to finally put out a demo, which will consist of 3 characters; Nappa, Krillen, and Piccolo. 2 stages; A variation of one of the forest stages hatter made, as well as an earth stage I'll make myself. As well as the screenpack, which I'll see if I can get my help back on it, and I'll actually be working on it myself as well.

currently finished Nappa's moveset for his specials and supers, going to start coding on him tomorrow, should start posting more updates on things now that I have an actual immediate goal I'm aiming for. No idea how long it'll take me, but it shouldn't be too long. if I have a character done, and I'm still far off from the screenpack, I'll put out the character ahead of the demo build. 

also if people want to make palettes for the 3 I'll put up templates.
#1598  May 20, 2020, 01:11:12 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Looking forward to it!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#1599  May 28, 2020, 07:13:50 am
    • Argentina
Ok, so I've finished adding in the system,graphics, sounds everything, to everyone. I'm never touching the actual system itself again (might make a few graphical changes to some things but nothing major at all) So my aim now is to finally put out a demo, which will consist of 3 characters; Nappa, Krillen, and Piccolo. 2 stages; A variation of one of the forest stages hatter made, as well as an earth stage I'll make myself. As well as the screenpack, which I'll see if I can get my help back on it, and I'll actually be working on it myself as well.

currently finished Nappa's moveset for his specials and supers, going to start coding on him tomorrow, should start posting more updates on things now that I have an actual immediate goal I'm aiming for. No idea how long it'll take me, but it shouldn't be too long. if I have a character done, and I'm still far off from the screenpack, I'll put out the character ahead of the demo build. 

also if people want to make palettes for the 3 I'll put up templates.

The hype is real congratulations Neocide
#1600  June 23, 2020, 05:02:58 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok, so I wanna show off what I got on nappa so far, question for everyone though, would you guys rather see one video or a few showcasing each move itself? (Along with some combo videos of them in action and chaining etc) have a lot in him done so far, got one special left and then it's on to his supers,then his All star system (You'll get a choice between a very strong final super, or a timed boost mode with different circumstances depending on the player). Then finally the intro and win stuff.