YesNoOk

Digimon Tag Arena (Beta Updated 2/13/2018) (Read 57016 times)

Started by DarkWolf13, August 03, 2016, 09:11:27 pm
Share this topic:

ExL

Re: [WIP] Digimon Tag Arena
#41  August 23, 2016, 05:59:47 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Hey, people, here's what I'm cooking:

What do you think about this title screen?
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#42  August 23, 2016, 06:07:45 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
It's missing Agumon, lol.

But seriously, it looks great. I like how you handled the moving grid. :yes:
This is a generic forum signature.
#43  August 23, 2016, 06:54:23 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I like the grid. If only there was some way seeing MachGaogamon and Bison charging at each other in the background...

Oh yeah, this'll be Bison/Shin Bison's theme
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 06:58:04 pm by DarkWolf13

ExL

#44  August 23, 2016, 07:36:55 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Thanks, Hatter, hope I won't go maverick in process of making all this stuff... or maybe I already AM! GYAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
Oh, and there's special role for Agumon(or dotAgumon to be exact):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
DW, I'm not THAT good to draw that, sorry...
With that image, I think it's pretty much ready. Will make it nice and understandable in PSD tomorrow and send it your way.
(also have no clue yet about select screen so gotta brainstorm that with you tomorrow)
"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.
#45  August 23, 2016, 07:41:55 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Thanks and no problem. Can't wait to see what it'll look like in PSD. That image looks awesome btw.
#46  August 24, 2016, 03:26:02 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA

Another update on the WIP. Imperialdramon's part of the action now.
#47  August 24, 2016, 03:36:19 am
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
DAMN, my hype thrusters are on max right now. :D

I noticed a few things in the video:

-MachGaogaMon's landing when he emits his air projectile move (IDK what its called) is slowed. I think maybe you were doing the same thing that MvC does when Ryu does an Air Hadouken, but with MGM, it feels really slow when he's landing. Maybe speed it up a sinch (or maybe the anim itself, so as to go to the landing state faster)?

-For his punch hyper, maybe have it hit a few times on block, rather than all of them? More of a suggestion than feedback.

-At around 2:30, I noticed that ImpreialdraMon's projectile hyper didn't cancel out with the normal projectile of the opposing ImperialdraMon. Intentional?

That's all I noticed so far, maybe I missed some stuff, but IHDK. Keep it up!

This is a generic forum signature.
#48  August 24, 2016, 04:09:49 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
These projectiles were created via helper so the projectile themselves won't look so big when fired at the start, hence using a helper and modify explod for the projectiles itself.... I'm gonna need to figure a hitoverride for both Imperialdramon and MachGaogamon's projectile moves.

Thanks for the feedback/suggestions. This is exactly why I like to post these videos so I can see what to improve.

EDIT: Added Hitoverride to MachGaogamon's and Imperialdramon's projectile helper states. Imperialdramon's hyper projectile WILL cancel out the others ones but it'll cancel out with another Hyper Projectile if they collide. Also, MachGaogamon's super only hits 5-6 times if guarded.

I will not be home the next day for most of the day cuz I have a family outing. I'll be back that night though.
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 05:51:50 am by DarkWolf13
#49  September 07, 2016, 11:02:16 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
New update video

Showcases Lobomon/Wolfmon.

Now I can finally start working on the game's Final Boss, M. Bison/Vega.

ExL

#50  September 08, 2016, 10:18:02 am
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
Heh, Lobomon looks good :)
What worries me in gameplay - aren't they relying on projectiles too much?

On screenpack note - I'm kinda stuck with select screen, thinking and rethinking how it should be. Not very satisfied right now. Probably gonna PM you later today about it.
#51  September 08, 2016, 10:26:26 pm
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
They rely on projectiles at a distance, once they're close to their opponent, they'll rely on melee attacks. However, there's a delay when firing their projectiles to avoid spam. So once a projectile is fired, there's a short time to wait before firing it again. Also they have the tendency to dodge a lot depending on the difficulty setting. Their AI solely relies on MUGEN's difficulty setting.
#52  September 08, 2016, 10:42:51 pm
  • Host of the Wammy Radio Podcast
  • Wammy Giveaway
    • USA
    • wammyradio.tumblr.com
EXL, I want to know where you acquired that Renamon pixel design. That one's really good.

ExL

#53  September 09, 2016, 04:09:06 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
That's not a secret, all those digimon images are from GBA game Digimon Battle Spirit. Rips are here - linkie.

ExL

#54  September 16, 2016, 12:25:03 pm
  • 1-800-SUICIDE
As I said earlier I'm kinda stuck with select screen. And bit lacking in motivation departments so decided to show unfinished stuff to know if I'm doing it in the right way...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#55  September 17, 2016, 05:10:23 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
That's pretty decent... I haven't focus much on this since I went back to the other one to code AI onto it. Currently in this one, I'm doing Bison's .air file. Isn't a font required to use to show the fighter's names? Once I get some AI patches in the MvC2 project, I'll get back on this.
Re: [WIP] Digimon Tag Arena (Cancelled)
#56  October 31, 2016, 07:06:17 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Re: [WIP] Digimon Tag Arena (Cancelled)
#57  October 31, 2016, 07:15:02 am
  • Rawr!
Re: [WIP] Digimon Tag Arena (Project Revived!)
#58  June 28, 2017, 07:10:39 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
I've been at this for some time now and the project is revived. I won't be able to modify the screenpack itself just yet but I've been making more Digimon for this project.
This video showcases the following: Lobomon/Wolfmon, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode, Gwappamon, Gaossmon and the finalized Boss of the game, Chronomon Destroyer Mode. I've ultimately changed my mind and there'll be no guest characters in this. However, there will be fanmade Digimon in this game too. There'll be more to come. Once again, this project is kicking with life. Check the first post for the note regarding the revival.

Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 07:16:18 am by DarkWolf13
Re: Digimon Tag Arena (Beta Released 1/22/2018)
#59  January 23, 2018, 02:58:04 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Gained the courage to release a beta build of the game to the public after a long time working on this. Check the first post.
Re: Digimon Tag Arena (Beta Released 1/22/2018)
#60  February 08, 2018, 03:40:42 am
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Updated the game for the Digimon to have a specific win quote against Bison but so far, it works perfectly only if it's 1v1. Bison also have specific win quotes for a few Digimon.
All fighters now have to ability to guard push only if the game is set to enable blocking.