YesNoOk

"Don't Start Un-Believing!" The Official MFG Gravity Falls Topic (Read 4387 times)

Started by MUGENMinor92, July 13, 2013, 05:07:29 am
Share this topic:
"Don't Start Un-Believing!" The Official MFG Gravity Falls Topic
#1  July 13, 2013, 05:07:29 am
  • That guy who doesn't do too much...
    • USA
    • MasterJames445@gmail.com
WELCOME TO GRAVITY FALLS!

In case you haven't seen this show, here's the run down:

A Set of Twins, Dipper and Mabel Pines, are sent to work in the summer at their Great Uncle (Or Grunkle, as they call him) Stan's Mystery Shack, a tourist trap in the middle of Gravity Falls, Oregon. One day in the woods, however, Dipper spots a mysterious book labeled with a 3. It holds the freaky, bizzare and off-the-wall myths, legends and fables that are but all too true...

The show was created by Alex Hirsch, best known for his works on "The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack", and first aired on the Disney Channel on June 15th of last year. The episodes follow an semi-episodic formula similar to shows like "Futurama", and the voice cast includes, but is not limited to, Jason Ritter (Parenthood) as Dipper, Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers) as Mabel, and even Alex Hirsch himself voices Grunkle Stan. The team on this show has even worked on some great shows of the past as well, such as Rob Renzetti, creator of "My Life as a Teenage Robot", Aaron Springer, Storyboard Artist for "Samurai Jack" and "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy", and even Matt Chapman, creator of the once-proud pinnacle of internet cartoons, "Homestar Runner".

Soooo...yeah. If you like the show, post your favorite moments, funny gifs, fanart you drew, all that good stuff right here. But if you aren't and just want to flame war, leave now.

And remember...

"Prepare to be petrified!" - Ickis, "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"
"So I left my room for 5 seconds! Do you hear any alarms going off?" - Jenny, "My Life as a Teenage Robot"
"Who knew that Robot Hell actually existed? And that it was in New Jersey?! - Leela, "Futurama"
"I've got a craving for action! Take us to the Rumble, Coach!" - Zitz, "BattleToads"
"EAT DIRT, EVERYONE IN THE VICINITY!!!" - Earthworm Jim
"Ya probably want my autograph, right?" - ToeJam, "ToeJam and Earl"
"Oh...There WILL be nachos..." - Kick Buttowski
Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 05:11:50 am by MUGENMinor92
Re: "Don't Start Un-Believing!" The Official MFG Gravity Falls Topic
#2  July 13, 2013, 06:52:25 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Judging from the clip alone, this show looks like it will kick some humorous ass!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#3  July 13, 2013, 07:57:35 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Gravity Falls is actually one of the better cartoons out there right now.  There was one episode about a fighting game character coming to life with a ton of sprite work by Paul Robertson that was pretty great.

#4  July 13, 2013, 08:08:01 pm
    • Mexico
Gravity Falls is pretty much the only reason to tune into Disney Channel. The characters are great and most of them a very like able (even the ones that shouldn't be, like Stan).  Plus there's a whole mystery factor to it that every episode further expands. It's simply great.
#5  July 22, 2013, 10:02:33 pm
  • That guy who doesn't do too much...
    • USA
    • MasterJames445@gmail.com
"Prepare to be petrified!" - Ickis, "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"
"So I left my room for 5 seconds! Do you hear any alarms going off?" - Jenny, "My Life as a Teenage Robot"
"Who knew that Robot Hell actually existed? And that it was in New Jersey?! - Leela, "Futurama"
"I've got a craving for action! Take us to the Rumble, Coach!" - Zitz, "BattleToads"
"EAT DIRT, EVERYONE IN THE VICINITY!!!" - Earthworm Jim
"Ya probably want my autograph, right?" - ToeJam, "ToeJam and Earl"
"Oh...There WILL be nachos..." - Kick Buttowski