YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1423581 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: the Wonder Woman movie rules!
#2461  July 21, 2017, 06:42:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#2462  July 22, 2017, 10:39:16 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#2463  July 22, 2017, 11:12:21 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Youtube version
#2464  July 23, 2017, 01:20:44 am
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
These Scenes in this Trailer are damn awesome. Aquaman though utterly destroying and The Flash with those one liners hehe.

That last scene perfect.
#2465  August 23, 2017, 05:17:58 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
So uh, this is weird. DC is apparently planning a standalone Joker origin movie that will be completely disconnected from the larger DC movie universe, and it won't star Jared Leto? And it'll be set in the 1980s? And the dude who directed The Hangover is directing and co-writing the script?!? And Martin Scorsese is apparently involved to some degree?!?!?!?!?!

I would have dismissed this in an instant as some bizarre made up rumor were it not being reported by a reputable place like Deadline. Because it's fucking nuts!
#2466  August 23, 2017, 04:53:34 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
I've taken some time to stew about this

On the one hand I'm happy to see somebody deciding to do a movie that doesn't have to fit into a multi-year plan

On the other hand how do you do a Joker origin movie without it just being Killing Joke

Do you frame it as unreliable narration, maybe do multiple versions in the same movie

Maybe laugh at the audience for being so prepared to believe the tragic one
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#2467  August 23, 2017, 09:51:59 pm
  • PLUS ULTRA!
    • USA
If they truly do a Joker Origins Movie one that kinda hurts the aura and mystery on who is the Joker, but if that Actor knocks it outta the park with the role then what do you do with Jared Leto as Joker? If you're going to do it in the 80's, then you're going to need a new Batman then as well maybe?
#2468  August 25, 2017, 04:03:43 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
So uh, this is weird. DC is apparently planning a standalone Joker origin movie that will be completely disconnected from the larger DC movie universe, and it won't star Jared Leto? And it'll be set in the 1980s? And the dude who directed The Hangover is directing and co-writing the script?!? And Martin Scorsese is apparently involved to some degree?!?!?!?!?!

I would have dismissed this in an instant as some bizarre made up rumor were it not being reported by a reputable place like Deadline. Because it's fucking nuts!

And apparently they are simultaneously developing a completely separate standalone Joker movie that does star Jared Leto and is connected to the DC movie universe.

Because I guess if you're competing against yourself for ticket sales you get twice as much money?
#2469  August 26, 2017, 06:38:10 am
    • USA

It's simply astonishing to me that after the breathtaking success of Wonder Woman, Warner Bros ignores the obvious (like making movies outta some of their other female characters) and instead immediately greenlights not one, but two different fucking Joker movies.
#2470  August 26, 2017, 08:19:07 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Isn't the joker and harley quinn movie replacing gotham city sirens? Which if it is the case that sucks. Dc has a lot of good female characters too. I don't get why they want to do an origin story of joker. To me it's like telling too much backstory on a horror monster, you lose that mystique they have when you know so much about them.

Thats one of the big reasons joker works so well. And doing a whole movie about  his origin would take away so much. And if they try to pull a "swerve" where joker is narrating it only to be like "just kidding!" At the end would be even stupider. I wouldn't put it past them though.
Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:24:13 am by Neocide
#2471  August 26, 2017, 08:28:53 am
On the other hand how do you do a Joker origin movie without it just being Killing Joke
they're probably gonna make him the point of view character in a story where he's also the bad guy, and have batman chase after him. kinda like that "joker" graphic novel.
it could be good provided a good writer, unlikely warner bros is gonna hire one for it tho.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#2472  August 26, 2017, 08:37:20 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#2473  September 04, 2017, 10:24:18 pm
    • USA
And on the subject of Shazam, this one goes out to my brothers and sisters in the Wrestling topic:

THRICE IN A LIFETIME
This time
This time
#2474  October 01, 2017, 01:38:55 am
    • USA
There's a profile that came out recently on the new heads of DC's film division (Geoff Johns and Diane Nelson), and the big story everyone's talking about from said profile is a mention that DC is planning to move away from the heavily interconnected approach that they've been flailing at (and that Marvel is successfully pulling off); instead, the DC movies post-Justice League will try first and foremost to be independent entities, guided by their respective director's vision, and not burdened with the need to link to and set up other movies. They make it clear that they'll all still be set in the same universe, and that they'll still be connections and crossovers and what not, but they are also making a concerted effort to deemphasize the interconnectiveness in favor of having movies with a more standalone nature.

And that's all pretty interesting! And probably will work out for them, given how Wonder Woman worked as well as it did in part because it was very much its own thing, and not wrapped up in trying to set up Justice League. But I also noticed something interesting about this profile, and how it's written: I don't want to sound like a dreary, overly cynical bore, but these kinds of profiles are almost as much a product of the movie studios as they are the news outlet/reporter. It's not an inherently bad thing, but the fact is, it's hard to get this in-depth into the behind-the-scenes of a movie studio without said studio influencing the tone of the resulting article. And the tone of this article is pretty clear, it's almost like it's shouting: the non-Wonder Woman DCEU movies were bad because they were disregarding the advice of actual DC Comics executives/creators, but starting with Wonder Woman that's all been changed cause those very same people who were ignored are now running the DC movie division. And heck, Johns even co-wrote Wonder Woman!

So yeah, it's all a pretty transparent attempt at rehabilitating their image, trying to win over the trust of audiences who are still wary of DC movies, but this isn't really a bad thing! It's honestly refreshing to see them own up (indirectly) to their fuck ups, and I'm feeling a bit more confident about the future of the DC movies.

... but, you know, within reason. It can't hurt to be a little bit skeptical!
#2475  October 01, 2017, 02:00:47 am
(and that Marvel is successfully pulling off)
Yeah, after doing their movies independent for world building with Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Guardians. It's about time DC listened to what everyone has been telling them since the start.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#2476  October 08, 2017, 10:05:16 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Sigh... trailers spoiling shit again

#2477  October 10, 2017, 08:43:37 am
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
This trailer got me hype.
I like that they revealed Superman, without actually revealing Superman.
And i'm liking Aquaman and The Flash more and more can't wait.
#2478  November 20, 2017, 03:52:10 pm
  • See you in your nightmares!
    • Sweden
    • bley43@gmail.com
#2479  November 20, 2017, 04:14:39 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
Justice League.
I think is on par with Wonder Woman, it has it faults but its stong points are solid.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I think it is a good movie and I applaud it since they had to work over the shitpile that was BvS.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#2480  November 20, 2017, 04:44:28 pm
Apparently it was supposed to have much longer introductions to each character (like over 50 extra minutes) but for some reason, some complete retards at Warner demanded that the movie be below 2h, so a lot of it was hacked out with a chainsaw.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:26:54 pm by Byakko