YesNoOk

Fighter's Generator ( previously Nekoconeko )( a new fighting game engine) (Read 112006 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, December 21, 2017, 07:40:40 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Nekoconeko ( a new fighting game engine)
#61  January 05, 2018, 02:04:30 pm
  • Lazy spriter
  • Demon in heaven gotta carry a knife
    • Bolivia
    • network.mugenguild.com/thedge/
If your stage can generate items, then you can code the behaviour of collecting such item inside the characters, so Idon't  think the infinity stuff is that problematic.
The ratio stuff could be a bit tricky, but then again it's just buffing a member of the team, kinda like the Leader system in KOF03/XI.
That’s when I thought, “good grief”
Just ain’t my belief
Until I saw the holes
Inside his hand
#62  January 05, 2018, 02:16:08 pm
    • Italy
This is quite interesting, in spring i could provide you some graphic that you may integrate for demo, just like KFM in MUGEN, but i reckon this project is somehow commercial.
I'll read again the discussion, and when i have time i'll look into it, however in future i could make specific resources for this engine as i'm doing for mugen and gonna do for Doom 2
#63  January 05, 2018, 03:54:11 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, I won't be selling the resources per se, just the engine; but given how steam works, it would not be surprising to assume that free resources included inside a paid engine might beconsidered as being sold as part of the package. I will see if I can ask a steam representative ; I remember people/companies  having safe steam packages and providing the steam unaproved materials in their webpages got forbidden from linking the unaproved materials in the steam forums, so that makes me think that including them as part of the package is a no go.
#64  January 11, 2018, 11:41:59 pm
    • Germany
Yeah, I won't be selling the resources per se, just the engine; but given how steam works, it would not be surprising to assume that free resources included inside a paid engine might beconsidered as being sold as part of the package. I will see if I can ask a steam representative ; I remember people/companies  having safe steam packages and providing the steam unaproved materials in their webpages got forbidden from linking the unaproved materials in the steam forums, so that makes me think that including them as part of the package is a no go.

You could put the extra resources like Demo Characters into a seperate DLC for free, that would probably work fine if the creators don't want you to sell the stuff they created. It worked well for the RPG Maker with there Community resource packs, I don't see a reasons why this should not work for your engine as well. ^^
Re: Fighter's Generator ( previosuly Nekoconeko )( a new fighting game engine)
#65  February 04, 2018, 06:09:43 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
So happy the name changed.
#66  February 05, 2018, 12:08:32 am
    • Germany
Mhh aren't you afrait it get's mixed up with "Fighter Creator" `?^^
#67  February 05, 2018, 12:10:18 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Any form of generation/generator makes any title better.

That and the previous one was way too catgirl. Maybe FC's name is also placeholder...
#68  February 05, 2018, 03:14:22 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I'm gonna miss the old name.
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#69  February 05, 2018, 01:33:03 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I'm gonna miss the old name.

I think the old name is quite unique but, at the same time, it really does not say what the engine was about (then again, neither does the name MUGEN).

The new name is to the point but I wonder if people would confuse it with similar-naming projects?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#70  February 05, 2018, 03:54:35 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Technically, Mugen means infinite in Japanese, which does a decent job at explaining it's "an infinite fighting game", so... Actually, going by the blatant and somewhat silly to this day limitations, maybe we can sue for false advertising in that case.

Also technically there's (a) character(s) named Coneko, so it's not completely original, much like Mugen's name.
#71  February 06, 2018, 03:43:44 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, the previous name was heavily inspired by the azumanga daioh character nekokoneko and I really wanted something search friendly.
nekoconeko will still be the internal name.
also, Ia m updating my development tools to the newest version of visual studio (2017) and monogame (3.6) so I have better android support, also windows phone and ios, but I don't own a mac to port to ios  and windows phone is lolz.
The bad nes is that I confirmed that my current job does not hand out raises when they hand out the permanent contract, so I will keep on saving the steam fee and the may date (when I should get my permanent contract) is irrelevant now.
#72  February 19, 2018, 03:05:16 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
I just sent another donation for this month.  :toff:
sailormoongalaxy said:
#73  February 19, 2018, 05:13:09 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Thanks.

The past week I was studying kivy, it's a python library  to make visual programs, so I can use it to make the IDE; Ia lso spent this weekend designing the IDE, so I should be able to get started working on it soon. What this means is python is a good programming language to handle big amounts of data and kivy works in mutliple platforms, more importantly windows and android.
#74  February 19, 2018, 05:34:39 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
oh well lookie here i just happen to be studying python right now hahaha

sadly i haven't been able to build GUIs. Like I have this Character Generator tool for Morrowind that was supposed to have a combobox GUI using tkinter but it was hard to find anything that could teach you how to use it.
#75  February 19, 2018, 06:41:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Yeah, I also found out about Tkinter when researchign a visual framework, but I choose kivy because it's multiplatform though it more closely resembles HTML coding than regular gui programs like visual studio. that's kind of a plus for me, since I miss coding for adobe flex.
#76  March 01, 2018, 12:02:06 am
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
    • USA
I'll probably try Kivy for my Morrowind App then. I happen to have a bit of HMTL coding experience, and recently had to use it when learning Django.

You just use HTML and Python with Kivy, right? I don't recall having to use any CSS when learning Django.
#77  March 01, 2018, 12:17:47 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
it's not real html or real css, just something that feels like it.
#78  March 23, 2018, 12:59:51 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Made another donation.  :angel:
sailormoongalaxy said:
#79  March 23, 2018, 04:07:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Thank you ; if you need any help runing or trying the engine send me a message.
#80  March 24, 2018, 01:59:53 am
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Do I need to use the add/remove programs in the control panel if there's an update to it?
sailormoongalaxy said: