YesNoOk

Mugen Free For All Website: is down right now. Check this topic for the latest  (Read 304173 times)

Started by ☆★Anastasia☆★, July 14, 2016, 07:49:35 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen Free For All Website: is down right now. Check this topic for the latest
#361  November 21, 2018, 07:51:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Not at all, that's a separate issue entirely.
Re: Mugen Free For All Website: is down right now. Check this topic for the latest
#362  December 06, 2018, 09:35:07 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
We are aware of an issue preventing any new forum posts or status updates from being made. We are currently looking into the issue.
#363  December 11, 2018, 04:44:53 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
As you may well be aware, we've been experiencing an issue over the past few days that prevented any new posts or status updates from being made. Everything seems to be working fine for now, but please let a mod or admin know if the problem persists for you. Our discord server is usually the best way to contact us.
#364  December 13, 2018, 04:56:35 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
We'd like to announce that long time MFFA admin, Alexei, has made the decision to step down. He's helped us out numerous times to keep the forum in order, and was a huge help getting the site back online, especially with the recent downtimes that have plagued this forum in the past few months, that we're sad to see him go. We wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors, and our thanks for his service. Godspeed!
#365  December 21, 2018, 05:06:38 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
From the site announcements:

We would like to announce that @Ryou and @Ricepigeon have been promoted to MFFA Administrators, and @RodKnee has been promoted to Global Moderator. Since the departure of Alexei and a few others from staff, we are currently still in the process of reorganizing our staff and are also organizing new community events, so stay tuned for more announcements on those fronts.
#366  April 03, 2019, 06:08:38 pm
    • USA
I think the website is down again
#367  April 03, 2019, 09:52:29 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
For some reason my account is suspended. 
My hat is a pancake.
#368  April 03, 2019, 10:07:47 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Not anything new really, it's MFFA's way of life at this point.
#369  April 03, 2019, 10:08:38 pm
    • USA
Honestly not to be a dick but they need a better hosting service,
#370  April 03, 2019, 10:20:08 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they already have a better hosting, we had gone weeks without them going down.
#371  April 03, 2019, 11:33:09 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I think the MA skin change from past AF made the hosting collapse :pfht: (yes, here made an announcement thread, there they changed the whole forum into MA, that was extreme XD)

Seriously, I hope the problem will be solved soon, I summon @Ricepigeon: to tell us what's going on :o

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#372  April 04, 2019, 01:40:25 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Just found out about this not too long ago. We'll still looking into it. We have a suspicion of what might be causing the issue, but we can't say for sure until we know more information from our host.
#373  April 04, 2019, 06:36:40 pm
  • I must continue my training...
And here we are...yet again....meh. It is what it is....

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#374  April 04, 2019, 10:41:27 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
So we spoke with zFast. While I can't release the full details yet, I can say that we suspect it may have been due to one of our forum plugins conflicting with a forum software upgrade we had a few weeks ago, but we're currently asking our host for the details of the site's traffic during the time this happened just to rule out any other possibility.
Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:44:43 pm by Ricepigeon

GLB

#375  April 04, 2019, 10:54:56 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Should look into some new hosts, man. Or just bite the bullet and pay for heavy storage space on a free forum. I don't pay anymore than 30 bucks a month and that's with minimal storage space, domain, ad removal and customized ads/newsletters among other things. It's not nearly as free to customization as y'alls, but having no issues is a plus. Been around 10 years without 1 host issue.
Mugen Free For All has been DDoS'ed
#376  April 05, 2019, 05:13:15 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Okay, I'm now at full liberty to disclose what happened.

There was no plugin issue. There was no hosting issue. We were DDoS'ed. We confirmed it with zFast. At around the exact same time the site went offline, we received 2 threatening messages from Mugen Archive: one to the site, and one directly to RMH. This is the message we received shortly before the site went offline:

This, along with the information we received from our host, more or less confirms our suspicions: our site was attacked in retaliation for our April Fools joke.

We've already requested the IP addresses and ISPs of the traffic involved in the attack from zFast and we will be contacting their provider. While I don't want to say we will be taking any legal action, that option is not completely off the table.
Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:20:51 am by Ricepigeon
#377  April 05, 2019, 05:23:19 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Okay, MA has gone too far this time!
#378  April 05, 2019, 06:17:29 am
  • Some guy with nothing better to do in his life
  • Nothing should exist in MIDI
    • USA
Are....are they joking here? we just HAD a great April Fools but Mugen Archive just HAVE to ruin our fun now did they?

Don't think...obey
#379  April 05, 2019, 06:20:17 am
  • Niigasan
Damn they some dicks for that
#380  April 05, 2019, 06:57:07 am
    • Vietnam
So MA can casually make a KKK joke for April Fools but they get pissed off and resort to DDoS when MFFA impersonates them for fun in the same occasion. Geez.