YesNoOk

Legendary Terry Bogard 1.0 (Read 7085 times)

Started by Legendary DeMoNk@I, February 13, 2014, 09:42:15 pm
Share this topic:
Legendary Terry Bogard 1.0
New #1  February 13, 2014, 09:42:15 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen
Site link updated with the 1.0 version (Check in char details section for link)

(NEW site)
https://sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen/

This version is slightly different from the winmugen version. The character edit is still wild as ever just with some tone downs of things ive been working on for a couple of months. Some folks liked the damage as is in winmugen and some didnt. This version is for the folks who didnt like his bite very much from the start

Here are the details of changes to 1.0 version:

-Most special moves block damage reduced. (Ive been looking more at whats standard in other terrys out there)
-Gut punch & chin check have no more block damage.
 No more block damage for standing,jumping power kick and air bash.
-No more block damage for Aggressive counter attacks.
-Most EX move block damage reduced.
-Ex savage slam damage reduced.
-EX Power tackle final hit damage reduced.
-Most super move hit & block damage reduced.
-Non hit time reduced and also first hit reach reduced for lvl 1 buster wolf.
-Non hit time of first initial attack of Maximum burn knuckle reduced by 30.
-Dead end napalm first initial animation non hit time reduced by 20.
-Victory Quotes added in

Few screen shots
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Past random AI combo videos below for those wondering about THAT. level 8 for best results

My characters always have room for improvement. idea wise i wont always agree with folks to change since i have my own taste but bad bugs spotted im more concerned about fixing. There are still some things in him that are a bit off that im aware of. At this point its about getting better ways to solve those issues completely. so if you see them there just report them. Be patient on updates on fixes. thats all i ask

Opinions and feedbacks are fine as long as its respectful. im not the best coder so if you understand codes very well and you spot something buggy and a bit off it would help if you showed a possible way to fix it. i may or may not know how to fix it and i may need help fixing it. So post a pic of the bug if you can and be very clear so i can pinpoint the issue. Just keep in mind this is a custom character. it isnt made to emulate a particular terry type thats out there for mugen or console version.

Enjoy & Laters
Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 09:36:04 am by Legendary DeMoNk@I
Re: Legendary Terry Bogard 1.0
#2  February 13, 2014, 10:07:37 pm
He looks great there man. I'll download him and reply with feedback later for sure.
#3  February 13, 2014, 10:16:05 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Well, time to bite the bullet. Let's see what I can find here...

-I'm not sure why you're making this 1.0 update a separate character. It'll make organization and updating both versions a massive pain. Just ask Infinite.
-Rising Tackle should be DP+P and Power Dunk should be DP+K. The way you have it makes little sense imo.
-Lol his voice in his taunt overlaps itself.
-Might want to make mention in the readme that he can hold back for his throws as well.
-I don't get the dash FX on his run. It's a run, not a dash.
-His backdash FX look like they're inside of Terry rather than properly trailing behind him.
-Medium and Heavy Crack Shoot should probably have a bit less blockstun on hit to make them less safe. Light Crack Shoot's frames are fine though.
-P2 can block after the first hit of Z Power Styling.
-A lot of his moves make hitsounds on block rather than proper block sounds.
-Rising Tackle can juggle into itself infinitely.
-His ground chaining is really inconsistent and feels wonky.
-Light Burn Knuckle should probably have a tad bit less startup or something. It feels weird how it can't combo from c.Y.
-Medium and Heavy Power Wave feel like they should be faster.
-His full power stance has a slight gap between the middle CLSN and the bottom CLSN.
-Wolf Speed feels too safe to just throw out. It goes fullscreen and is pretty much completely invulnerable. I recommend nerfing its distance and making him vulnerable during the dash. Look at Violent Ken's dash special for what I'm talking about.
-EX moves should occur for any combination of the punch/kick buttons applied to them. Not only X+Y, for example. It should also allow things like X+Z and Y+Z.
-Only the upper half of his body moves during Power Charge Tackle. It looks off.
-He has invuln frames on the recovery of Normal Buster Wolf. That pretty much makes its otherwise properly unsafe recovery pointless.
-Shattering Senpuuken Kick has P2 recover as soon as they're done being hit. It leaves Terry at a nasty disadvantage.
-Terry's blue CLSN are all over the place in Maximum Burning Knuckle.
-I don't get why Super Deadend Napalm's last hit has the red CLSN extend to the entire floor. P2 is guaranteed to be under Terry if they've gotten that far.
-The damage in his supers seems rather inconsistent. Case in point: Super Deadend Napalm does more damage than his lvl 3 supers.
-Finishing Geyser Strikes does absolutely pitiful damage for a lvl 3.
-Same for Super Geyser Quake.
-His CLSN jumps around in his taunt a little bit.

That's all I'm gonna go into for now. Still needs a lot of work.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
New #4  February 14, 2014, 12:45:14 am
    • USA

-I'm not sure why you're making this 1.0 update a separate character. It'll make organization and updating both versions a massive pain. Just ask Infinite.

-As for the two files. its for a reason. Winmugen will stay as is with the damage while 1.0 caters more to the people who didnt like the damage. my call on that. Trust me i wasnt gonna do it at first not caring but i had a lot of people not liking that damage just as you and there were a lot saying hell no leave it, hes becoming too weak. so i tried to please both crowds. thanks for the suggestion though

-Rising Tackle should be DP+P and Power Dunk should be DP+K. The way you have it makes little sense imo.

-The rising tackle is a kick. it should be with a kick button. power dunk is a punch combo. it should be with a punch button in my opinion. THAT makes sense. im not trying to follow a certain source. I respect your opinion but we disagree on that. trust me i went through this same debate with someone because i was gonna do it like the console source games at first. "hold down and then press up and punch for a rising tackle" yes that way...yeh man ive played a lot of KOF games and then mugen came along and i saw that everybody did stuff different for terry. so i sorta agreed with him and the change years ago and thats why its like that now. its fine how it is

-Light Burn Knuckle should probably have a tad bit less startup or something. It feels weird how it can't combo from c.Y.

-Yeah the burn knuckle i got that set up between vyns,reza,wara or KOD i cant remember. i didnt make that up but i looked at what was standard code for that attack at the time. i feel you but you gotta understand certain moves can be either or. some people like it as is and im cool with it being that way. BUT ill play around with it more and see how i feel later. thanks for your input!

-Medium and Heavy Crack Shoot should probably have a bit less blockstun on hit to make them less safe. Light Crack Shoot's frames are fine though.

No prob. i got most of those entire hit defs from other terrys. it seemed standard and common as is. but the block stun can be nerfed more i guess^^

-A lot of his moves make hitsounds on block rather than proper block sounds.
-the block sounds are fine. Im big on proper block sounds, pet peeve. im not sure what moves youre talking about. be more specific

-His ground chaining is really inconsistent and feels wonky.
- aww :(, Ground combos arent so bad imo. i guess it needs work. im not the tech king of combo coding but it seems fine. Well, lay out a code set for me to follow for ground play then? Id be glad to see it :). An entire blueprint you came up with that works for this terry. hit me here or in a pm. thats an opinion so its up to me if i want to follow your lead on that. agreed?

-His full power stance has a slight gap between the middle CLSN and the bottom CLSN.

-Post a pic of what you see. the Clsn boxes look fine if thats what you mean. I just looked at it again in the AIR file. As for the animated stance it isnt custom so i couldnt get fancy with that much. if my sprite edit skills were stronger it would look entirely different. but the stance look will stay that way until i get some custom sprites to jazz that up better ;)

-Terry's blue CLSN are all over the place in Maximum Burning Knuckle.

-Maximum B knuckle boxes are fine to me. i re did all that some days ago. before updating this version

-Rising Tackle can juggle into itself infinitely.
-?? I dont seem to have that problem with that rising tackle. I cant infinite juggle. possibly twice if youre lucky in a corner if its the heavy one. but over and over? no. BUT ill go back and review it again, most of his basic attacks i got from other well known terrys out there so this time ill match that up with KODs Terry. no prob and thanks for bringing that up

-Medium and Heavy Power Wave feel like they should be faster.
-the medium power wave and heavy wave were faster in the beginning but i got flames for that like it was a crime so i changed it to how it is now^^ Its gonna stay that way. you can always mess with the velocities of that stuff if you want

-Lol his voice in his taunt overlaps itself.
-The taunt voice? no big deal. thats just the audio edit. nothing serious. it can be replaced with a "non echo" version. im actually tired of hearing it myself anyway so ill replace it in both versions.

-Only the upper half of his body moves during Power Charge Tackle. It looks off.

Sorry buddy, my sprite talent has a limit and i barely pulled that off the two days i spent on it. Im not that good and it wasnt easy but if someone is cool enough to make those sprites look better they could feel free to jump on in

-Might want to make mention in the readme that he can hold back for his throws as well.

-Ill consider doing that

-P2 can block after the first hit of Z Power Styling.

-Thanks. ill try to adjust some things better so that cant happen

-Shattering Senpuuken Kick has P2 recover as soon as they're done being hit. It leaves Terry at a nasty disadvantage.
-Thanks. Im aware of the senpuuken kicks flaws :-\. the first strike has a duel hit advantage. a stunner (if it doesnt fully connect) and full contact. but that super in particular im still trying to fix better. it cant chain from low heavy kick into it and i want to fix that. the super doesnt land right from that hit chain^^

-I don't get why Super Deadend Napalm's last hit has the red CLSN extend to the entire floor. P2 is guaranteed to be under Terry if they've gotten that far.

Ill Reduce that in the next update...true point

-Wolf Speed feels too safe to just throw out. It goes fullscreen and is pretty much completely invulnerable. I recommend nerfing its distance and making him vulnerable during the dash. Look at Violent Ken's dash special for what I'm talking about.
-You can get hit out of the wolf speed if you time it right. but i agree with you that it goes too far and a bit fast actually. the old one was a bit different and shorter. Ill work on fixing that better again as before^^ and yes thats where i got the super dash code from Vyns ken^^.  i just went a bit too crazy of the velocity of the dash

-I don't get the dash FX on his run. It's a run, not a dash.
-His backdash FX look like they're inside of Terry rather than properly trailing behind him.
not really worried about that. I just might change that all together actually. i agree with what you said on the run dash FX...actually REZA had that style in his MVC terry run animation so thats where the idea came from. but personally i did think about getting rid of that already so i just may do that^^ ill look at all that again thanks...

-The damage in his supers seems rather inconsistent. Case in point: Super Deadend Napalm does more damage than his lvl 3 supers.

-Same for Super Geyser Quake.

-haha Im honestly in disbelief you say that when just today that was reduced down dramatically again before updating this 1.0 version :???:. are you sure you really downloaded this version or you are speaking on a past update? i have no problem posting entire hit defs to prove my point. Im not mad at all or have a problem comparing notes. But thanks for your concern though. If someone else agrees with you that even this versions dead end napalm move still deals the most damage of all supers ill nerf it again no problem

-EX moves should occur for any combination of the punch/kick buttons applied to them. Not only X+Y, for example. It should also allow things like X+Z and Y+Z.

-The EX moves. Eh thats my gameplay on the button work. i started that stuff looking at Vyn & pots. The moves were all basically unhittable at one point which was the more important issue and i already took advice from Don Drago on how to make all that better ;) so no feels here, it stays as is. you can change it for yourself if you want though no biggie for you right?^^

-Finishing Geyser Strikes does absolutely pitiful damage for a lvl 3.
-Make sure you are talking about todays update. It doesnt add up what youre saying on finishing geyser strikes. i toned that down again majorly before updating. Ill go back and check again but at this point it should be hella weak except for the last hit. what character exactly you testing these attacks on?

-He has invuln frames on the recovery of Normal Buster Wolf. That pretty much makes its otherwise properly unsafe recovery pointless.

Make sure you have the right update. when pots shin gouki blocks all 3 attacks he punished me everytime once the move is done. thats not what you call safe. my advice use terry on the hardest difficulty and try that move on the toughest characters. i can make him even more open to hit after the hit no problem but hes pretty much hittable & can be countered from start to end....Don dragos geese does it to me everytime i mess up on landing the attack

(NOTE: For the folks that dont know what invincibility frames are its either when a character has NO CLSN boxes at all or its when the NONHIT trigger time code is too long for certain animations. In my case its the Nonhit code factor issue with terry in certain supers for some folks)

-His CLSN jumps around in his taunt a little bit.
-Thanks, i missed that when i was updating my collisions. ill fix the Clsns tighter on that.

Thanks to all the feedback. ill be looking comments over and try to fix the issues and consider making some changes. just be patient. Just do me this respect though, download the latest. dont play one whats days or weeks old. look at the date. it will keep the communication clear with finding issues and i dont want to go looking at something thats already fixed or explained already

Ill be busy updating.....laters
Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 10:43:08 pm by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#5  February 14, 2014, 12:49:43 am
  • tired
From what I know, the green CLSN were invuln frames, so he was still pretty much invuln in Buster Wolf's recovery. And yes, I'm talking about the 1.0 update I downloaded just today, so my comments about the inconsistent damage still stand. The rest, meh, I myself can't code so I can't help you outside of what I said already.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#6  February 14, 2014, 12:56:51 am
    • USA
From what I know, the green CLSN were invuln frames

Post a pic. i cant see green frames from my end...that always confuses an issue i see now. post a pic. I intentionally didnt put those frames there. it might be what a code is generating. im assuming its the nonhit time code. im not great at coding but the only CLSN boxes  i apply are RED & BLUE...

post the pic of the exact frame of animation its on and then ill look deeper into it....coding characters can be tricky if you dont know all the things to look for to fix.....so i agree with you it could be there but i dont see it....
Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 01:00:43 am by DEMONKAI
#7  February 14, 2014, 01:17:35 am
  • tired
Well, I guess I sort of mistook what was happening. There are indeed blue CLSN there, but there's a bunch of weird CLSN kind of flying off of him. Check it out:

I think this happens in a few other attacks, but I'm really not in the testing mood so I guess just screwing around with CLSN visible some time should yield some answers if I don't get back to you about them in time.
#8  February 14, 2014, 01:41:37 am
    • USA
uh huh i figured youd show that....theres stuff thats invisible to you if you dont cut it on to see it.....that box is there but not by me going in the AIR file and literally putting it on there. i always see that on different characters with CTRL+C on but never payed much attention to it.......its gonna take cyanide, divine wolf, vans or one of those guys to come in my thread and clear the air on that because thats something i assume is a code thing or something else.....

You can also see that same box slide off characters win poses too in game...

im aware theres a way to put green boxes on characters in FFU but i never use that to build character clsns. its  a green & yellow box. i dont even know how to use those things. just red & blue. I always use classic FF to build and FFU to swap around fx...

ill be waiting for the reply you have. im actually really game to clear this "ghost invincibility frame" issue up.....
Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 01:53:21 am by DEMONKAI
#9  February 14, 2014, 04:58:49 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Based on that screenshot, the "phantom clsn" is identical to his regular clsn, which could only mean that he has am invisible helper using the exact same CLSN boxes as him (which isnt even bound properly if I might add).

So yeah, its a code issue.
New #10  February 14, 2014, 06:54:53 am
    • USA
@Ricepigeon:

Wrong. The reason why it looks improperly bound is because its a helper FX for an aura that comes from his body. a mini version similar to pots rare akuma FX. short n brief on two separate frames of animations. i forgot i had it there. its on the start of his move and then at that moment you see in the pic. i removed the code and it stopped. I put it back and it returned^^

I put two and two together when my terry went on low health at full power and saw this with the CLSN viewer on....same data
No big deal. but anyway K.J.D having me pay attention to that closer made me spot something i had to remove anyway on his 9th frame of animation in that pose i noticed in the AIR file. he had a Big hit box there that i forgot to remove from before. it was once his hit box for the buster wolf blast. i forgot to remove it after i made that replacement helper blast FX....I have a lot of helpers active for FX and me not using that CLSN viewer often makes me forget how much is going with him with FX running and i see confuses the hell out of most people having that CLSN viewer on...

almost all his supers has that Aura helper FX that makes certain frames turn "green" with the CLSN viewer on. so thats the whole Phantom boxes deal. ill keep lookin closer at stuff anyway to be sure thats all it is...

@Knowingest J. Drawbridges

Ok i seen it for myself. there is a borderline infinite with the rising tackles. BUT not with the same particular repeated tackle . You have to play with the enemy in the corner like that if your'e lucky to catch it. I had to go back n forth between each rising tackle juggling the enemy in the corner. i seen it happen on KFM. i got up to 13 hits then i cant do anymore it seems. but anyway ill fix that too. no prob

Thanks for the feedback again folks....keep em coming^^
Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 08:03:17 pm by Legendary DeMoNk@I
#11  February 15, 2014, 01:54:44 am
  • What did the 5 fingers say to the face? SMAAACCCK!
Me as a die hard old school fighting gamer, I def have to agree that the Rising Tackle should have ALWAYS been a kick button move! the sources are the sources but with making a custom edited in mugen i am one glad its a kick button move as it should have been. Makes wayyyyy more sense.  Only in the movie at the end of it does he uses his hands to do it, against Lacorn, but everything else... he throws himself into a kick.  So if it was to be a punch i can see him using his hands and it be a punch for the push off but nahh its a solid kick move. Thats my inside look of it.

I am trying out the 1.0 version update and the custom moves being toned are cool and keep with the vision and update the bugs and errors. Don't dumb it down too much bruh, i like aggressive AI cause i like to fight! If i find anything myself off from terry i def will report any errors or bugs and any mishaps that take away from what the whole scale of him is that your going for then def you can see whats up about updating.
#12  February 15, 2014, 02:14:25 am
    • USA
C.R.O.M Lando,

yeah all bugs you find or things you wondering about that seems off to you just post it here. im currently still updating stuff and trying to fix things KJD spoke on.

Dont worry about the dumb downs though. winmugen version has you covered on the damage as before :pirate:. haha even ALpyne D was pretty much like "Yo man dont dumb that shit down anymore on that"...lol But yeh it will be two versions but the bugs n stuff will be fixed in both over time ;)
Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:02:56 pm by DEMONKAI
#13  February 15, 2014, 06:24:00 pm
  • Sir Alp of the Loop Table
  • Masterin' more Loops than 19-Foe'dy-Foe.
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/Xer0Stryke
damn'd right he shouldn't be too dumb'd down, just from his namesake alone; how can some1 play with a char that has "Legendary" in their name, but expect "ordinary" damage is beyond my comprehension, lol.

i myself prefer Rising Tackle as a punch special & Power Dunk as a kick special, but meh, i'll just change dem shitz in tha cmd myself, so no worries. i'm not that lazy.....sometimes  ::)

keep up tha good work my dude, strive to make TLW tha best he can be, even in his lower-power'd form
#14  February 15, 2014, 09:24:07 pm
    • USA
lol no worries my dude...that winmugen will still be intact on that damage. just the updates of bug fixes will happen ;) 1.0 will be the milk version on less damage...but im not gonna go super crazy with that though. those level 3 supers look big so they should still pack a punch. The block damage will be toned down way more though.....since folks LOVE fighting against him out there than using him lol smh

But Yeah that rising tackle deal years back i was gonna do it like the system console versions where it was pretty much like a charge move (razor kick) with the punch button. but i thought it over with some advice (i debated against for a while lol) making it a bit easier for almost everybody.

Im tryin the best i can though with fixing those lil bugs n off gameplay. i need some better methods to fix them to roll by  :-\

#15  February 24, 2014, 10:22:06 am
  • Chasing
    • Singapore
    • youstolethatusername@gmail.com
I Luv Terry :3 Downloading it now thanks Demonkai for posting this c:
"We Accept The Love We Think That We Deserve"
#16  February 24, 2014, 03:57:16 pm
    • USA
Enjoy! :sugoi:
#17  March 04, 2014, 03:09:05 pm
    • China
    • lijide2004@gmail.com
your homepage link is broken down,please check it
#18  March 04, 2014, 06:24:44 pm
    • USA
Did someone already mention that power geyser is misaligned?
Your terry is awesome by the way
#19  March 06, 2014, 08:19:08 pm
    • USA
your homepage link is broken down,please check it

Thanks. Thats something new to me just now. Its out of my power. I sent them a message to get back to me on fixing it....

The source links for the character files are still up though from the skydrive as posted

Did someone already mention that power geyser is misaligned?
Your terry is awesome by the way

Thanks. Yeah snap a pic of it from your end so i can see what you are seeing where its misaligned and ill see what i can do
#20  March 08, 2014, 03:17:27 am
  • I want to learn, no criticize
    • Dominica
    • yaretromero@hotmail.com
could you add him the config where can find this? please, ;
 Chain Combos/Air Combos
[State 5900, Chain Combos/Air Combos]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = 1
v = 55
value = 2