YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6628622 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elecbyte is back? New version of M.U.G.E.N. released...
#21  September 22, 2009, 10:00:40 am
This sucks. I got finals in the morning and now i cant sleep. Must use Giant Geese.
"If there is a god he pities you. If there is no god I pity you."
#22  September 22, 2009, 10:03:27 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ahah, the name of the admin of the site "taking back whats ours"

Good news.

Elecbyte is back!

Ten years on... MUGEN's still gaining popularity! There's enough stuff out there that I can literally sink an entire evening clicking around Nicodou and YouTube. It's tremendous to see how many characters, stages, motifs and entire innovative games continue to appear on the platform. I still occasionally get surprised at what people can hack out of an engine that was originally designed to match the capabilities from 2D fighters of the mid '90s.

I find it cool that the word "MUGEN" has come to become synonymous with the notion of implausible matchups and wacky team combinations. At the same time, MUGEN has also become a new kind of platform for exhibiting art. Fan art can be brought to life in an environment where it can instantly interact seamlessly with hundreds of existing characters. Going beyond art and animation, original works can express themselves by bending (or wrangling) the basic rules of the engine.

Looking back, it's a shame that the MUGEN engine project itself has been stalled for ages. Unfortunately it's tough for a scattered group to maintain a complex open-spec engine without making it your job. So a couple of us decided to do just that. Now, Elecbyte is back as a lean full-time studio, and of course we've made dusting off MUGEN our first project. So yeah, thanks to everyone else from the old team for letting us take over the name and the IP. And thanks to all our users who collectively gave the MUGEN scene a life of its own. When Skynet declares war on mankind, it may be animated sprites that come to exterminate us.

Look for a new official M.U.G.E.N release with a few modern upgrades coming your way soon.

-KFM

Good times.
#23  September 22, 2009, 10:03:55 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
your also gonna have to change the palette map in the character def file if you want each palette to work  :-\
#24  September 22, 2009, 10:04:23 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
This reminds me of the SF4 announcement haha, made when no one had any hope left.  And suddenly we need new tools, can't really check out the new SFF with the old ones.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#25  September 22, 2009, 10:05:20 am
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
Shit. I was about to call it a night, too...  So far, everything's a-ok, as far as I know.   Well, except for the fact that it doesn't apparently render tiled parallax floors.  There goes my Fighters Megamix stages, as well as a few others.  :(  NEVER MIND JUST SAW CYANIDE'S POST.  I think sffv2 might be the answer there.

Some stages cause more lag than others, as well.  More investigation after I do things like sleep and life.

moar edits:

New stage parameters?  Interesting...these would explain why the stages I tested seemed cut-off at the top and bottom.

Code:
 ;Number of pixels beyond the top and bottom of the screen that may
 ;be drawn.  Overdraw specifies the how much can be seen during an
 ;EnvShake.  Overdraw pixels will also be used when the screen aspect
 ;is taller than the stage aspect.
overdrawhigh = 0
overdrawlow = 0

;Number of pixels into the top and bottom of the screen that may be
 ;cut from drawing when the screen aspect is shorter than the stage
 ;aspect.  These parameters suggest a guideline, and the actual
 ;number of pixels cut depends on the difference in aspect.
cuthigh = 35
cutlow = 25

I am excited yet angry that there's more things I have to consider while making stages!  I AM A LAZY MAN AFTER ALL.  Also:

And suddenly we need new tools, can't really check out the new SFF with the old ones.

Agreed!

even moar edits after reading the docs:

SHIT.  There's even more things I didn't catch for stages the first time around.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:34:24 am by mh777
#26  September 22, 2009, 10:13:01 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Elecbyte... --;
#27  September 22, 2009, 10:18:09 am
  • Mugen retiree, occasional spriter, Part of ATP
  • Also Known as Danownsall and Willfan
#28  September 22, 2009, 10:31:19 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
dammit i want to open kunfuman720 sff file  >:(
#29  September 22, 2009, 10:35:18 am
  • THATS MR HASEO TO YOU
    • haseo.ucoz.com/
this new version looks pretty sweet may get back to coding just to see what this new baby is capable of
#30  September 22, 2009, 10:49:20 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Native Winquotes?
Storyboard features updated?!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

EDIT: Just finished testing it out. Seems that everything I put in still works. The default motif is really nice too. However, apparently the screenshot function doesn't work.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 10:56:55 am by Jango
#31  September 22, 2009, 10:49:40 am
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
AI trigger... :)
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
#32  September 22, 2009, 11:07:46 am
  • Alongside time exists fate, the bearer of cruelty.
All I can say is... awesome!  :D
However, the new mugen freezes sometimes when I try to open it
It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path...
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:14:32 am by 7th Delta
#33  September 22, 2009, 11:09:12 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Well, just checked Ren Idagawa and apparently his hitstates don't work properly any more, so I had to update him to have the new standards from the new common1.cns. I imagine more characters will need this treatment.
#34  September 22, 2009, 11:15:34 am
Because you were overriding the hitstates, you mean ? I mean there would be no problem for those who don't, right ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#35  September 22, 2009, 11:18:35 am
  • PSN: Cloudius12
    • www.twitter.com/Cloudius12
Too bad you cant really set P2 controls correctly (arrow keys)
Only things i tested so far. Try more later.
#36  September 22, 2009, 11:20:16 am
  • I never really was on your side.
    • www.mugenguild.com/~davidgee
So I guess SFIV made 2D fashionable again?

When Skynet declares war on mankind, it may be animated sprites that come to exterminate us.
LOL.
#37  September 22, 2009, 11:21:01 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Because you were overriding the hitstates, you mean ? I mean there would be no problem for those who don't, right ?

WELL actually my common1.cns just had a few added states in for mobility, the hitstates were untouched. But yeah, after copy-pasting the new common1.cns in and adding in the extra states, he works fine.

TIME TO TEST SCROOGE and I'm pretty sure he's going to be fucked up

EDIT: Oddly enough he's fine, I just need to update the custom deathstate I put him in.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:24:02 am by Jango
#38  September 22, 2009, 11:22:42 am
  • Nothing ever ends
    • Portugal
    • www.justnopoint.com/loona
AI trigger... :)

So much for Winane's hard work... still... wow, interesting couple of days indeed...

I'm still apprehensive about the posts there being signed "KFM" (and the http://www.elecbyte.com/contact.html page mentioned in the readme.txt not working doesn't help)... still, I'm curious to see how this turns out...

I'm at work so I really can't test this... anyone notice of any bugs/oddities/typos from previous versions have been fixed, like DefenseMulSet?
#39  September 22, 2009, 11:22:48 am
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#40  September 22, 2009, 11:24:40 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
ai trigger is so fucking easy

ailevel > 0

Instant AI check. We don't even need to waste a variable anymore. Not for any reason. You can even use that to upscale how difficult your AI is.

Well you'd need a variable if you wanted more than 8 levels, but 8 should be enough for anyone.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.