YesNoOk

Download MUGEN--- LATEST RELEASE 1.1 official release 8/6/13 (Read 6629644 times)

Started by Garuda, September 22, 2009, 09:16:00 am
Share this topic:
Re: Elecbyte is back? New version of M.U.G.E.N. released...
#61  September 22, 2009, 12:41:40 pm
    • Thailand
yup. Hmmm. still can't seem to open mugen. even tho I've rebooted my PC

I meant I rebooted it, the Mugen program. It doesn't do that silly error for me anymore. I'm using Vista by the way.
#62  September 22, 2009, 12:43:02 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
Awesome! They're finally back!

We should really suggest to to them to finally divide Team Arcade into Team Battle and 2on2/Tag mode. It's one of our greatest gripes with the engine.
#63  September 22, 2009, 12:44:33 pm
  • Alongside time exists fate, the bearer of cruelty.
I'm using XP Service Pack 3... Well, it still freezes. I even managed to finish a while bag of chips and the mode select screen still doesn't show up..  --;
It requires great courage to look at oneself honestly, and forge one's own path...
#64  September 22, 2009, 12:47:25 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
There's no documentation on winscreens, so I don't know if there's a way to make character-unique winquotes DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS that's right the Winquote Sctrl
#65  September 22, 2009, 12:54:22 pm
    • Thailand
Is it just my Maki, or are posadd sctrls extremely exaggerated when used in this Mugen? I mean, it messes up my whole cornerpush code, and her grappling moves.  :(

Never mind, it only happens when facing on Kfm720, for some strange reason. Maybe he has the wrong mid.pos, etc...
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:00:01 pm by Rajaa
#66  September 22, 2009, 12:56:34 pm
    • Philippines
Weeee! Victory screen!

This'll go so well with my screenpack! I've got the mugen bug again! XD
#67  September 22, 2009, 12:59:33 pm
  • Original characters are my forte.
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/bane84/
Now if they can just add some options for dynamic camera scaling... I can fully replicate Smash Bros in Mugen...
#68  September 22, 2009, 01:00:58 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
Posadds working fine on my end (characters).
Man to think of all the stuff I'll have to update >_<, heh.  Done with the stage coding at least, will tackle characters later.

Edit: Oh, I'm a bit skeptical about including palettes in the sff file and how that will affect the palette making/downloading people.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:05:13 pm by PotS
#69  September 22, 2009, 01:05:47 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
'sff patch'
#70  September 22, 2009, 01:09:08 pm
    • Thailand
Posadds working fine on my end (characters).
Man to think of all the stuff I'll have to update >_<, heh.  Done with the stage coding at least, will tackle characters later.

Edit: Oh, I'm a bit skeptical about including palettes in the sff file and how that will affect the palette making/downloading people.

KFM720 has bad mid.positions etc... &gt;_&gt;

My "possets" with her grappling moves against the walls, and her wall moves are not working "correctly," though. I don't even know what I have to update! I'm too lazy to figure it out now! Add one to hitdefs, and relocate palettes. &gt;_&gt;.

Also, where is my expressions documentation?
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:13:32 pm by Rajaa
#71  September 22, 2009, 01:21:28 pm
    • Portugal
Oh, now that you mention it, yeah, posadds are screwed up when facing KFM720 (not old chars or normal KFM).  And it keeps happening even if you update your char to also specify its "localcoord".

Edit: wait, no, just the cornerpush code.  Guess it can be fixed if there's such a thing as a "target,localcoord" trigger or something along those lines, to rescale the hitvels back to normal.
In fact half of the updates to the engine seem to revolve around these individual playing area settings, will take a while to adapt.
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 01:25:36 pm by PotS
#72  September 22, 2009, 01:57:25 pm
    • Thailand
Yeah, I see what you mean by the "localcoord."  I just tested it.

"target,localcoord"

Maybe, a trigger like, "localcoord x or y," would be more beneficial than just "localcoord." But you probably meant that. >_>

Anyway, it'd be fairly simple if that existed. I'm excited about Elecbyte's return, but annoyed that I have to update characters! I'm really only annoyed by this posset thing. Everything else seems fine.

M79

#73  September 22, 2009, 02:04:50 pm
  • Cranky smile of doom!
    • www.epforums.org/
This is pretty nice. I tested it for a few minutes, the GUI looks nice. I'm not digging the filtered look, though. I see people comment on this being resource heavy, but I haven't noticed it as being AS resource heavy, for me, as the high res Mugen I normally played. The temperatures normally shot up when I played on it. On this one, they do go up, but it's not as bad or worse than before.

I've not tested any characters or stages yet, so this is probably a dumb question, but...does this act like HR Mugen? Meaning, it supports the usual high res stages?
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.
#74  September 22, 2009, 02:08:30 pm
    • Portugal
I haven't actually tried old HR stages yet, but the whole thing seems set up to allow anything to have any resolution equal or lower to what you specified in mugen.cfg.  For instance I'm using the HD default screenpack with old 320x240 stages here.

Edit: Also the new training stage seems to be either HR or HD, so I guess that answers your question.
Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:13:23 pm by PotS
#75  September 22, 2009, 02:10:04 pm
I just tested evil ryu on there normally evil ryu and ken are AI beast how do you get them to play like they normally do?
#76  September 22, 2009, 02:11:22 pm
  • Oh yes they will.......
Is the new version is the REAL Winmugen. Good Job Elecbyte.
Now all it needs is support on all old MUGEN stuff, including screenpacks.

M79

#77  September 22, 2009, 02:13:59 pm
  • Cranky smile of doom!
    • www.epforums.org/
This version doesn't support screen packs?
I'm in your computerz.......lurkin' ur internetz.
#78  September 22, 2009, 02:16:17 pm
    • Philippines
Of course it does. They just don't appear properly bec. of the higher resolution.
#79  September 22, 2009, 02:17:11 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
anyone else having trouble mapping buttons?

SNT

#80  September 22, 2009, 02:18:13 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

At first glance it's a kick in the balls.  What was wrong with the way it was?  It can't be that hard to give the Palette Keymap thing the option to reference external .act files as well.  Not to mention it screws over palette-based alternate mode characters like your Ryu and Cammy.

I was also going to mention the stages: what changes did you have to make?  Are they the kind of changes that Joe Mugen can go into a stage's .def file and make themselves, or is something that has to be done on the creator's end?