YesNoOk

Last movie you watched + 2 lines review. (Read 1010643 times)

Started by walt, August 28, 2007, 04:18:56 am
Share this topic:
Re: Last movie you watched + 2 lines review.
#5081  September 25, 2018, 12:56:07 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
Donnie Darko

I don't know how could I've missed it for so long, such an awesome mind blowing movie, might watch it again at some point.
Lasagna

WilliG

#5082  September 26, 2018, 01:47:28 pm
I love you to death (1990)

Kevin Kline is hilarious. Another film from my childhood off my watch list.

WilliG

#5083  September 27, 2018, 07:47:56 pm
King of Thieves - 7/10
Light-hearted, fun, great bunch of old British geezers.
Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 10:49:14 pm by WilliG
#5084  December 09, 2018, 04:47:50 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Gintama- The Movie (Live Action)
9/10
The acting is good, Action is neat and Its faithful to source material. Looking forward for the next movie's release
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#5085  December 18, 2018, 02:26:33 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Aquaman 8 out of 10

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5086  December 19, 2018, 02:17:11 am
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Cheech and Chong: Up in Smoke was the last movie I've watched at the time of me writing this post.

I had a couple laughs, but thought it was okay.

Here's a fun fact regarding this movie that has something to do with M.U.G.E.N: Quetzalcoatl88, a M.U.G.E.N creator from back in the day, used two audio clips from this movie (and I'm going to assume he's taken more clips from other Cheech and Chong movies) as voice clips for his character Juan.
#5087  January 06, 2019, 10:41:55 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Bumblebee (2018)

The sorta-prequel/sorta-reboot of the Bay Transformers films.
Let me tell you, if you're suffering from Bay-fatigue after those movies, DON'T let that be a reason to NOT go see this movie. Because this is the first one not directed by Bay (he's only producing it), and it shows. Gone is the bloated runtime, the cringy pedo jokes and the globe-hopping.
It's directed by Travis Knight (previously worked on the wonderful animated film Kubo) and it shows - this movie has HEART! It's really charming and gripping. I'll be honest in that I got a bit teary-eyed a couple of times.

It still has the very high quality CGI and action pieces on top of that, though now they are in favor of the story rather then merely being there to wow kids. And the opening scene of the movie is worth the price of admission alone for Transformers fans.

In short, this is how the first Transformers movie should have been.
Recommended viewing!

8/10
#5088  February 01, 2019, 06:51:12 am
  • Dark Templar
Postal (2007)
 Ok is an Uwe film, but at least got some elements from the games and it's not as bad as Alone in the Dark or BloodRayne and have some moments too.

6 out of 10
I'm Just Bored To Tears
Same Old Shit Just Different Day & Year . . .
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=81512.0
#5089  March 08, 2019, 05:18:40 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Captain Marvel

Not exactly a massive hype machine like Marvel's last handful of outings (i.e. Ragnarok, Black Panther, Infinity War) but still solid movie on its own merit.  I appreciated the way they managed to dovetail all the pre-existing Kree stuff from Guardians of the Galaxy with this one, and Carol and Fury had a fun buddy-cop dynamic going on that I quite enjoyed.  It's a solid foundation for introducing a character as major as Carol Danvers into the MCU, with just enough twists to the traditional story to keep things feeling fresh.  I'd put it up there with the first Thor and Captain America movies; maybe not the most exciting in retrospect but still pretty darn good.
#5090  April 01, 2019, 09:43:41 pm
  • YOU WILL BE UPGRADED
  • YOU WILL BE LIKE US
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
I've to say it's one of the best things i've seen of Spider-Man, a great movie in general and I couldn't be more identified than with Peter B. Parker and his backstory. I hope Sony can make more animated movies like this one, not just about Spider-Man's characters

advguru

#5091  April 01, 2019, 10:31:06 pm
Get Out - 7/10

Enjoyed where it went. The side story with the friend felt slightly out of place which I think was detrimental to the flow of the film. Other than that, a decent film with an interesting premise.

WilliG

#5092  April 01, 2019, 10:49:51 pm
The Dirt - Netflix
I enjoyed this a lot more than Bohemian Rhapsody, even though the music isn't as good (not really a fan of glam metal). It seems to have gotten withering reviews but their lifestyle's made for more interesting drama.
#5093  May 10, 2019, 06:50:10 am
Halloween
more of the same.
do you miss the cliches and tropes of the horror genre? miss how characters made idiotic and illogical choices?
well don't worry, you're gonna get all of that in here.
its a damn shame, because they could've used this movie to subvert those tropes to make it different and unpredictable. but i guess that would've been risky. they can't have that, they want to play it safe.
there's also a couple of stupid decisions made by the filmmakers. like for example, michael doesn't stalk or find anyone he wants, he instead gets led to them by other characters. another stupid decision is how they made most of the violent murders happen off screen for some reason, in a slasher movie!! this isn't a crime drama, they should show us how they happened. the kills that happen on screen are kinda tame in comparison.

4/10
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#5094  May 10, 2019, 08:31:42 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
there's also a couple of stupid decisions made by the filmmakers. like for example, michael doesn't stalk or find anyone he wants, he instead gets led to them by other characters. another stupid decision is how they made most of the violent murders happen off screen for some reason, in a slasher movie!! this isn't a crime drama, they should show us how they happened. the kills that happen on screen are kinda tame in comparison.
... but it's also a Halloween movie, one that tries to keep true to the original, where there were quite a few off-screen kills, and where there wasn't a ton of violent stuff. When the sequels put that in, aping other movies in the slasher genre that its predecessor had itself defined, it always felt out of place, and I was glad to see them drastically pare that back. I mean jeez, there was barely even any blood in the first movie, it was all very tame!

also Michael spends almost the entirety of the movie stalking whoever he wants, he really only gets led around once, right before the big climax?
#5095  May 13, 2019, 02:37:01 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Avengers Endgame 7/10.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#5096  May 28, 2019, 07:36:42 pm
The Unborn. What a waste of time and one quote I like in this movie.
Fuck off, you little shit.
#5097  May 28, 2019, 11:54:42 pm
  • Here in the madness machine
    • USA
Upstream Color. Beautiful film but very confusing. If you like stories about parasites and con artists them it may be your thing. It was shot on a cheap $200 camera but again it’s beyond beautiful.
#5098  June 08, 2019, 06:58:40 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Watched Godzilla King of the Monsters.

I absolutely adored this, like a goddamn love letter to the fans.  From the fights, to the designs, to the music, to the humans probably being the most tolerable they'll ever be in a Godzilla movie by miles, this is probably the most fun I've had at a movie in a long, LONG ass time. 
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#5099  June 08, 2019, 07:26:29 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Gotta agree with you, -Greed-.  The movie was a ROAR!
#5100  August 16, 2019, 06:03:10 pm
John Wick 3.
Its a very well made action film. The action choreography is pretty good, but at times during the action scenes i see John Wick's enemies have a clear shot at killing him but back down for some reason, he leaves himself exposed and goons just decide to punch him instead of stabbing him or shooting him. it was a bit annoying and it took me out of the movie.
It happened to other characters and outside of action scenes too
Some of the dialogue felt corny and cliched, especially the foreign "quotes" that the movie felt necessary to highlight.
In terms of story:
7.5/10 It pretty good but could've been better. Watch it.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:07:26 pm by Gennos