YesNoOk

Ragna the Bloodedge v1.12 (Read 96990 times)

Started by OHMSBY, September 26, 2018, 05:16:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.035
#81  October 12, 2018, 02:53:42 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20

Like i did with Mika, here's my vid with Ragna. The best version of him for sure! :)
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.04
#82  November 26, 2018, 08:54:37 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Alright, so in preparation for Azrael's release (which should be pretty soon), Ragna has been updated with a special intro against him among other things. Go ahead and download Ragna again.

- Ragna now uses Ricepigeon's damage scaling system, the same system used by my most recent characters, damage values have also been adjusted accordingly
- Added special intro with Azrael
- Included Mister Fael Chan's updated japanese voice, Which has been updated again with a clip for the Azrael intro
- Seed of Tatarus no longer has cornerpush
- Fixed a bug where the special hitspark wouldn't show up if 5AAAA was blocked
- Brought back the landing effect for Belial Edge
#83  December 02, 2018, 11:13:12 pm
    • Brazil
Is an AI Patch still a possibility for your Ragna?
#84  December 02, 2018, 11:20:36 pm
    • USA
Holn is currently working on one, but it may take a while.
#85  December 02, 2018, 11:28:10 pm
    • Brazil
Oh, good to know. Thanks for answering.
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.04 (AI Patch now available)
#86  December 24, 2018, 05:31:36 am
    • USA
#87  December 26, 2018, 08:29:55 am
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
been waiting for the A.I patch! thank's for posting it!
#88  December 26, 2018, 11:51:35 am
    • Aruba
WOOT! This A.I. patch can even beat Muteki's Sol Badguy.
#89  December 27, 2018, 07:13:29 am
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 I've noticed that Ragna can combo into his unblockable moves, even during blockstrings. At first, I thought it's just the AI doing it, but Mr. Fael tested it out for himself and the player can do it too. May want to make a separate hitdef that is blockable or make the hitdef miss whenever the opponent is in guard states so that the unblockable moves don't become too cheap.
#90  December 27, 2018, 08:50:36 pm
    • Aruba
But Nep Heart If Ohmsby wants to update Ragna does this mean Holn AI patch won't be compatible anymore?
#91  December 27, 2018, 10:06:11 pm
  • CPU Purple Heart
    • USA
    • https://www.pixiv.net/en/users/8108265
 Sadly, that's just how it works. Altering parameters would throw off an AI, but Holn seems to make a completely separate CNS, so... it might actually still work even if it's using the outdated version of Ragna (I've noticed that the AI's life drain is super high when it executes it while the player controlled use of those moves are not nearly as much, indicating separate CNS files for player and AI). I'm still not that incredibly knowledgeable on AI to fully understand their limitations however.

It's why I don't really want any of my stuff to get AI patches too soon, I regularly update my own characters enough that I'd rather leave an AI patch much later down the line because every single MUGEN coder ever makes mistakes including myself.
#92  December 27, 2018, 10:20:53 pm
    • Aruba
I understand my dude. Welp let's see what Ohmsby think about this for the time being.
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.05
#93  December 28, 2018, 05:46:29 am
    • USA
It's update time.

This update addresses the Issue highlighted by Nep Heart (Thanks for pointing that out Nep) and also adds a special intro and a special win pose against Terumi, who should be released fairly soon. Go ahead and redownload Ragna.

- Added special interactions with Terumi. Japanese voice has also been updated to reflect this
- Adjusted the frame data on Ragna's normals
- The first hit of 5AAA, Hell's Fang, and both follow ups from EX Dead Spike are now air blockable
- 5B, 2A, 2B, 2C, 66A, and 66B are now air blockable when used during a block string

But Nep Heart If Ohmsby wants to update Ragna does this mean Holn AI patch won't be compatible anymore?

As Nep Heart said, the AI patch uses its own set of cns files, as well as its own air and cmd. Ragna will still work fine if you apply the AI patch as it is now, but you would essentially revert Ragna back to an earlier version (version 1.04 in this case). Holn has been good about keeping his AI patches up to date though, so I don't think it will take him too long to catch up.
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.06
#94  February 21, 2019, 08:36:02 pm
    • USA
Another update that brings Ragna up to speed with my more recent characters. Most notably, adds counter hit properties to his attacks and the new and improved burst system. go ahead and redownload him.

- Upgraded to Nep Heart's Burst system (Ragna can now burst during custom states, but not during throws and supers)
- All attacks now deal extra damage on counter hit
- 5C now only causes the opponent to stagger on counter hit. Otherwise, it causes a hard knockdown
- Opponent stays in the stagger state a little longer and moves slower during it
- Blood Scythe now causes a hard knockdown when used again in the same combo
- New slash sounds, Japanese .snd has also been updated
- Counter message now shows up when countering with Dead Spike
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.06
#95  February 22, 2019, 02:50:33 am
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.063
#96  February 22, 2019, 04:44:45 am
    • USA
And fixed, go ahead and redownload him

- 5AAA is now only jump cancelable after the second hit
- Adjusted the hitstun on jB, effectively preventing an infinite
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.063
#97  February 23, 2019, 03:34:37 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
1 small problem that I forgot to mention: If you use Death Smite twice in a row (not in a combo), the second one will not be counted as a hit due to the first Death Smite being destroyed too early.
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.064
#98  February 24, 2019, 12:57:07 am
    • USA
Took me a while to figure this one out, but I got it. thanks Mr. Giang.

Go ahead and redownload Ragna.

- Fixed an error where Dead Spike wouldn't count towards the combo meter under certain conditions
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.09
#99  November 09, 2019, 05:23:10 pm
    • USA
It's time for the Ultra Burst update. Go ahead and download Ragna Again.

- New system mechanic: Ultra Burst. Burst can now be used in a neutral state, and doing so will put Ragna in a powered up state that gives the following benefits:
 +Health and Meter will gradually recover overtime (Unless you're taking damage)
 +Damage output will be increased by 20%
 +Timer will be frozen
 +Hitting the opponent with the Ultra Burst will launch them upward and will be unable to recover from it
 +Hitting the opponent with the ultra burst will also grant 500 meter instantly
The time that the Ultra Burst state will last is proportionate to the amount of health lost prior to activating, Attempting an astral heat will immediately end the Ultra Burst state
- Implemented throw escape system, the opponent can now escape Ragna's normal throws by inputting A+B, B+C, X+Y, or Z within 14 frames after being grabbed. However, throws are inescapable on counterhit
- New Burst icon
- New astral heat BG
- New Cut in for Astral Heat
- Revised Burst System
- Realigned aerial sprites
- General improvements for effects
- Ragna now makes use of custom fall states, bypassing fall.defence_up
- Changed animation for running grab, also it can now be canceled into Carnage Scissors, Devoured by Darkness or Black Onslaught
- Dead spike B now has longer startup than Dead spike A
- Adjusted hitboxes for 5A and Inferno divider so they can hit smaller opponents more consistently
- Expanded Hitboxes for Devoured by Darkness and Black Onslaught downward
- Axe Kick now puts the opponent in a custom state that prevents them from recovering too early after hitting the ground
- Implemented incremental cornerpush and hitstun decay
- After a successful Burst, none of Ragna's attacks will connect until the opponent has recovered
- Fixed an error where Ragna could Rapid Cancel his Burst
- Changed scale from .315,.315 to .33,.33
- Added AI
- Added special intro against Jin Kisaragi
- Japanese voice now uses Ragna's voice clips from BBTAG
- For the sake of lowering the file size, the Japanese voice is now a separate download, which is available here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14RcC_6o7IYGFpPtvnZfQQXILvFp4i3Vi/view?usp=sharing
Re: Ragna the Bloodedge v1.09
#100  November 09, 2019, 05:36:07 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Now that a Loooong thick update :v