YesNoOk

Ruby Rose v1.12 + Yang Xiao Long v1.21 (Read 206511 times)

Started by OHMSBY, August 30, 2018, 08:15:21 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ruby Rose v1.02 + Yang Update v1.06
#41  September 02, 2018, 04:31:58 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
My only qualm is that Ruby feels like it promotoes mashing. Ganted, I haven't played BBTAG, so I can't tell if that's close to source.

That is exactly how it is in Cross tag, each character has at least two auto combos.

do you have any consideration to work on the Persona side of characters at all this? The way they play wouldn't be out of place in the way you coded them.

I don't plan on tackling any of the Persona characters just yet. But, if I were to do so, I would most likely work on either Mitsuru or Naoto.

lui

#42  September 02, 2018, 05:13:26 am
    • USA
i main ruby and yang in BBTAG so im very impressed with how well you translated some of the mechanics to a single player enviroment, they feel a bit looser though but that's actually a good thing for me, allows for more creativity!

i'd love to see your take on the other franchise characters as well

i might adapt this to another gameplay style myself, it's very versatile. good work.
#43  September 02, 2018, 05:15:49 am
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
My only qualm is that Ruby feels like it promotoes mashing. Ganted, I haven't played BBTAG, so I can't tell if that's close to source.

That is exactly how it is in Cross tag, each character has at least two auto combos.

do you have any consideration to work on the Persona side of characters at all this? The way they play wouldn't be out of place in the way you coded them.

I don't plan on tackling any of the Persona characters just yet. But, if I were to do so, I would most likely work on either Mitsuru or Naoto.

As someone who plays as both of those characters, I would love you to do that. Even more if they were more accurate to Ultimax.
My hat is a pancake.
#44  September 02, 2018, 06:14:54 am
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas

It's actually good to know this is something that happens in BBTAG. Hopefully we can see a Mitsuru. She deserves it. She needs it. ;_; Even though I'd also love to see Yukiko playing the way you designed Ruby and Yang. Like said, I don't like RWBY, but I will keep watching an eye on your work. I like what you're doing.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#45  September 02, 2018, 02:26:32 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just a heads up, but I seem to noticed a few more minor issues with Yang and I forgot to mention some of them during my last feedback:

-Her crouching animation is sightly misaligned as her legs move a bit.
-The default hitsparks on the first two hits of her grab disappear too quickly and the ground fx acts weird when the opponent hits the ground on the bounce.
-The flames should fade away during her Strawberry Sunrise (Looks weird when it vanishes after a frame).
-I feel like there should be more impact when she punches the ground on the HP (Maybe something like a ground pound effect or flames emitting like in the Yellow trailer).
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#46  September 02, 2018, 05:59:25 pm
    • USA
Just a heads up, but I seem to noticed a few more minor issues with Yang and I forgot to mention some of them during my last feedback:

-Her crouching animation is sightly misaligned as her legs move a bit.
-The default hitsparks on the first two hits of her grab disappear too quickly and the ground fx acts weird when the opponent hits the ground on the bounce.
-The flames should fade away during her Strawberry Sunrise (Looks weird when it vanishes after a frame).
-I feel like there should be more impact when she punches the ground on the HP (Maybe something like a ground pound effect or flames emitting like in the Yellow trailer).

- When I was aligning those sprites, I anchored everything to Yang's (viewer's) left foot of her standing sprite. Turns out that in this case, it would've been better to anchor to the right foot. Anyway, this shall be fixed.
- I'll mess around with the hit sparks, but what exactly do you mean by the ground fx acts weird? Is it misaligned or something?
- In Guilty Gear, that effect did have an out transition that followed Sol's sword, it didn't exactly fit with Yang's animation, so I left it out. Although, I could make my own out transition by messing around with the transparency.
- She actually does emit flames during semblance mode. I did add a ground pound effect from the fightfx, but it seems that I'll have to make it bigger. I could also try adding an envshake value to see if that helps.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: I think I might know what you mean by the weird ground fx now. Does the animation loop or stop abruptly? If that's the case, then I just have to get rid of the removetime value.
Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 10:44:11 pm by OHMSBY
#47  September 03, 2018, 12:58:12 am
    • USA
- I'll mess around with the hit sparks, but what exactly do you mean by the ground fx acts weird? Is it misaligned or something?
- She actually does emit flames during semblance mode. I did add a ground pound effect from the fightfx, but it seems that I'll have to make it bigger. I could also try adding an envshake value to see if that helps.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: I think I might know what you mean by the weird ground fx now. Does the animation loop or stop abruptly? If that's the case, then I just have to get rid of the removetime value.
-Since you noticed, the ground fx stop abruptly and the animation doesn't finish completely like the first two hitsparks on the grab.
-Oh yeah there is one, but there is no sound fx for the impact and it also stops abruptly. As for in the semblance mode, I think it's needs a little more oomph to it and there is no ground fx at all.

No problem, glad to help.
Re: Ruby Rose v1.02 + Yang Update v1.07
#48  September 03, 2018, 05:48:59 am
    • USA
Alright, first on the agenda is that Yang got an update:
- Realigned all of yang's crouching sprites
- Fixed a bug where certain effects would loop or end abruptly if a certain set of fightfx was installed
- Added a fade out transition for the rising fire and strawberry sunrise effects
- Increased the size of the shock wave effect for 5C/jC, It also shows up in semblance mode now
- Added a landing sound to 5C/jC, as well as an envshake value for the semblance version

So go ahead and redownload Yang.

Next is the poll:

Gordeau and Mika are at a tie, so I have decided to make a tie breaker poll:
https://www.strawpoll.me/16388681

Whoever has the most votes by the end of tomorrow will be my next character.

Lastly, Holn has agreed to make AI patches for Ruby and Yang. However, he says that it will take about a month to finish since he has a few other patches that he is working on. Nonetheless, I'm pretty excited about this.
#49  September 04, 2018, 07:06:30 am
    • USA

And Mika has won the tie breaker, making her my next project.

I'll have my WIP thread updated once I think she's ready to be shown off.
#50  September 04, 2018, 07:17:52 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I´m actually surprised she won by THAT much, thou Gordeau was one of the best and favorites on this game.

Anyway, nice Ruby there, feels less restricted than Yang tho little less effective when trying to combo, guess that´s Yang´s balance in exchange for the range (not a BBTAG player)?
#51  September 04, 2018, 07:41:17 am
    • USA
I´m actually surprised she won by THAT much, thou Gordeau was one of the best and favorites on this game.

Anyway, nice Ruby there, feels less restricted than Yang tho little less effective when trying to combo, guess that´s Yang´s balance in exchange for the range (not a BBTAG player)?

I'm just as surprised as you are to be honest, considering how many Gordeau players you find online compared to Mika.

And yeah, that is indeed how Ruby and Yang are in Cross Tag.
#52  September 04, 2018, 09:00:49 am
    • Italy
    • mark.nar@hotmail.it
#53  September 04, 2018, 09:10:40 am
    • USA
#54  September 04, 2018, 09:51:57 am
    • USA
Who is Mika?

Mika is from Under Night In-Birth, and is also one of the more recent DLC characters for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle.

This page should be able to answer any other question you might have about her:
http://in-birth.wikia.com/wiki/Mika
To be more specific, she's in Exe:Late[st], not Exe:Late or the original. In case Gladiacloud asks why she's not there even if it's the right game.

Anyway, excited for Mika. She'll definitely make a good partner with Kohaku's Orie when she gets released by the end of the year hopefully.
#55  September 04, 2018, 11:59:03 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
FInally get time to test Ruby and Yang.

Really like the gameplay style, i think it fits well. Good job OHMSBY. :)
As a RWBY fan, i personally wanted to see the others soon (well, if you want it of course :P).
#56  September 07, 2018, 01:35:25 am
    • Brazil
Quick question: are you going to do something about the characters walking animations or are you going to leave the way they are?
#57  September 07, 2018, 03:35:46 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There's nothing that can be done, you can only walk backwards in Cross Tag.
Re: Ruby Rose v1.02 + Yang Update v1.075
#58  September 07, 2018, 08:17:55 pm
    • USA
There has been some notes released for Cross Tag's upcoming balance patch, so I have given Yang a tiny update to reflect a buff she's getting:

- 5B and Burst of Embers now auto guard against projectiles to reflect the upcoming balance patch for Cross Tag Battle

So go ahead and redownload Yang.
#59  September 12, 2018, 11:06:21 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
First of all, i LOVE you for making them in Mugen.

But if i may make one recommendation, it's to increase the aerial distance for Cold Shoulder for Yang. In CTB it's an aerial combo opener, but in your Yang, you cannot do any kind of combo after Cold Shoulder as the aerial distance is basically non-existant and the animation lock prevents you from comboing into it.

Amazing Work <3
#60  September 13, 2018, 05:04:40 am
    • USA
In CTB it's an aerial combo opener, but in your Yang, you cannot do any kind of combo after Cold Shoulder as the aerial distance is basically non-existant and the animation lock prevents you from comboing into it.

Actually, comboing from cold shoulder is only possible when Yang's semblance is active. This applies both here and in Cross Tag.

As you can see in this video, Yang is able to combo from cold shoulder after her semblance has been activated: