YesNoOk

Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game + 12 Chars (Updated 6/30/2022) (Read 905524 times)

Started by K-Fox, September 05, 2014, 04:51:54 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Streets of Rage 2 Bonus Game
#61  October 19, 2014, 11:06:21 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
I think either A: as a regular mook that we fight or B: a fighter himself.
#62  October 20, 2014, 10:39:23 pm
  • Mugen museum creator
  • former mod here :p
    • Belgium
    • fanaticmugen.free.fr/
  • Roo is a full "regular" char (hidden in original sor2)
  • I'm a big fan of the series, especially the soundtracks but you may consider using alt. soundtracks from fans... let's try the alien power remixes & cry

& total respect for your motivation  :buttrox:
#63  October 26, 2014, 03:22:11 am
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Alright. The update is ready. Took a while, but its here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pfc6fbdf766glkb/SoRC11.zip

Changes:

1. Fixed odd issue where Fog would appear without his motorcycle, but when you hit him his motorcycle would
appear as if he were on it.
2. Fixed issue with items disappearing as soon as they appeared when enemies where set to be able to pick up items.
3. When enemies start to walk onscreen, their speed will increase if they aren't onscreen after 5 seconds. Fixes issue
with slower enemies taking too long to walk onscreen.
4. Guard sound of enemy attacks is now the guard sound from SoR 2.

5. Roo & Bruce are now normal enemies AND mini-bosses. When fought as normal enemies, they have low life. As mini-bosses, they
have a good amount of life.
6. Vehelits and Ash have also been added as mini-bosses. Vehelits just floats around, knocking you down if it touches
you. Sometimes it speeds up suddenly. Ash only has 3 attacks. Two are powerful throws, the other is a wierd jumping attack.

7. Abadede's "Karate Chop" attack now causes knockdown. He also now will combo his "Stab" attack into either his "Karate Chop"
or another "Stab" then a "Karate Chop" attack. His uppercut attack is now only used as an anti-air attack.
8. Similar to Abadede, R.Bear will now combo his weak right punch (when facing left) into either his strong left punch or
another weak punch then a strong punch. The strong punch also now causes knockdown.

9. If Electra stays on the ground because you are close to her while she is getting up, she will now get up after 10 seconds
even if you are close to her. Prevents her from being stuck in that state.

Sorry if some things seem off. I didn't want to delay this anymore. If you see something that you think isn't right, please tell me so I can take a look at it.

Some things:

During the fight with Vehelits, there is what I call an "Arena Lock" in place. In other words, the screen won't scroll left/right until you defeat Vehelits.

I didn't add the "Alien Power" theme when fighting Vehelits because of how quick you can defeat it.

You'll fight Bruce & Roo after Barbon, Vehelits after Jet, and Ash after R.Bear. Bruce and Roo can also be fought as normal enemies before you fight them as mini-bosses.

Roo can't be hit while performing his Special attacks, which are a short hop in place while spinning and an attack where he spins around on his tail while moving forwards. Also if Roo grabs you, keep mashing the buttons to escape before he kicks you away or starts his "KickRage" attack, which is a quick 10-hit kick attack. Unlike other enemy grabs, Roo's grab is quite hard to escape.

Also, when I said I'm going to make Roo a "Normal Character", I meant a character that you add to your roster and play as. Sorry about the confusion.

Next I'm going to add some of the new ways to earn points that were suggested on the last page.
Sometimes I listen to video game music more than I actually play the game.
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
#64  October 26, 2014, 10:06:03 pm
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Nice!
Will test and give some feedback...

Can´t wait for Roo!  :)
#65  October 26, 2014, 10:54:23 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yay! Roo!
#66  October 26, 2014, 11:33:31 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
wow. this is all kinds of awesome! great release! a must-have
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#67  October 27, 2014, 08:33:07 pm
    • Germany
Some quick feedback...

- I really don´t like Roo as a normal enemy
 - If you throw Roo, he disappears
 - you have to add Roo´s voices from the game (if you´re working on Roo as a char, maybe you could use Rogers voice from Tekken
#68  October 27, 2014, 10:26:40 pm
  • What is life without tacos?
    • USA
    • catanesetyler@gmail.com
#69  October 27, 2014, 10:39:49 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
Some quick feedback...

- you have to add Roo´s voices from the game (if you´re working on Roo as a char, maybe you could use Rogers voice from Tekken

roger voice is a great idea!

i just played it and oh boy is it awesome! my only nitpick is that its crazy long....maybe a shorter version of this...just for arcade purposes..... but in all reality, this is just so perfect. GREAT JOB!
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#70  October 31, 2014, 12:52:30 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA

Yeah, I kinda don't either. I made him a normal enemy to add more variety to the enemies that you can fight, although it kinda takes away his "uniqueness" as a mini-boss. I think I'll either remove him as a normal enemy or just reduce the chance of him appearing.

Whoops. Forgot to add something important to make him appear in custom states... I just fixed it for the next update, although if you want it fixed now...

Open the file called "SoR2Main.cns" and search for "Helper ID values (Var(0))", without quotation marks. You should find this:

Code:
;Helper ID values (Var(0))
[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
triggerall = IsHelper = 0
trigger1 = NumHelper(200) = 1
trigger1 = (Helper(200), StateNo = 9502) || (Helper(200), StateNo = 9512) || (Helper(200), StateNo = 21171) || (Helper(200), StateNo = 21363) || (Helper(200), StateNo = 21367)
trigger1 = Var(10) != (Helper(200), Var(0))
v = 10
value = (Helper(200), Var(0))

[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumHelper(201) = 1
trigger1 = (Helper(201), StateNo = 9502) || (Helper(201), StateNo = 9512)
trigger1 = Var(11) != (Helper(201), Var(0))
v = 11
value = (Helper(201), Var(0))

[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumHelper(202) = 1
trigger1 = (Helper(202), StateNo = 9502) || (Helper(202), StateNo = 9512)
trigger1 = Var(12) != (Helper(202), Var(0))
v = 12
value = (Helper(202), Var(0))

Delete the second and third VarSet state controllers and replace them with these:

Code:
[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumHelper(201) = 1
trigger1 = (Helper(201), StateNo = 9502) || (Helper(201), StateNo = 9512) || (Helper(201), StateNo = 21171) || (Helper(201), StateNo = 21363) || (Helper(201), StateNo = 21367)
trigger1 = Var(11) != (Helper(201), Var(0))
v = 11
value = (Helper(201), Var(0))

[State -3, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = NumHelper(202) = 1
trigger1 = (Helper(202), StateNo = 9502) || (Helper(202), StateNo = 9512) || (Helper(202), StateNo = 21171) || (Helper(202), StateNo = 21363) || (Helper(202), StateNo = 21367)
trigger1 = Var(12) != (Helper(202), Var(0))
v = 12
value = (Helper(202), Var(0))

That will fix the problem with Roo.

Sorry about the silence. I don't have sound effects for SoR 3, which is why Roo is silent.

This is a really awesome mini game you made, maybe you can add slum from streets of rage 3
http://www.spriters-resource.com/genesis_32x_scd/sor3/sheet/54229/

Thanks. I was thinking of adding more SoR 3 enemies. I might add Slum, and maybe Vice.

i just played it and oh boy is it awesome! my only nitpick is that its crazy long....maybe a shorter version of this...just for arcade purposes..... but in all reality, this is just so perfect. GREAT JOB!

Thanks. You can adjust the length of the game in the file called "SetConfig.cns". Look for this:

Code:
;Enemy strength. The higher the value, the more enemies that need
;to be defeated before the round ends.
;Default is 10000. Don't set lower than 2000.
[State 191, VarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = RoundNo = 1 || Var(59) <= 0
v = 59
value = 10000;<-- Change this value
ignorehitpause = 1

Change 10000 to something lower, like 5000. In the next update I'll add another option to determine the length of the game when playing it in arcade mode so you won't have to change it constantly.
Check out my Bonus Game & Characters!: http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-11-chars-162092.0.html
IKEMEN Version: https://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/streets-rage-2-bonus-game-ikemen-version-update-728-196297.0.html
#71  October 31, 2014, 06:49:54 pm
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
cant wait for update =)
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#72  November 07, 2014, 08:46:43 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
Here is another update:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/959kffr0bcygswp/SoRC12.zip

Changes:

1. Fixed problem with Roo not appearing when thrown. Also fixed problem with Roo getting stuck in his Vault Action.
2. Roo and Ash can now block attacks.
3. Reduced power of Mr.X's attacks.
4. Hittime of Abadede's "Stab" and R.Bear's Quick Jab increased. Should stop characters from recovering in the
middle of the attacks.

5. Added 4 new difficulty levels: "Super Easy" for an even easier time, as well as "Extreme", "Expert", and "X" for
a real tough time.
6. Added an option to play with infinite lives. The words "Infinite Lives Mode On!" will appear at the bottom and top
of the screen when this mode is active.
7. Added 3 new ways for points to be altered:

-KO an enemy quickly (Points that can be earned varies)
-Land combos (Increases points earned from that hit if combo is at least 3 hits)
-Get KO'd (Lose 5% of current points)

8. Added an option that determines the amount of enemies that appear when fighting the Bonus Game in Arcade Mode.

9. Added an option that allows enemies to appear with special effects. Current effects are:

-Regeneration (Enemy recovers Life when they aren't being hit. A Green + sign will appear by the enemies' lifebar)
-Armor (Enemy takes 25% less damage, but walks 50% slower. A shield-shaped icon will appear by the enemies' lifebar)
-Berserk (Enemy deals 50% more damage with non-throw attacks, but also takes 50% more damage. Enemy appears red)
-Anti-Projectile (Enemy can't be hit by projectiles. A white square will appear by the enemies' lifebar)
-Evasion (Enemy randomly takes less damage or none at all. Enemy appears with 2 transparent copies of itself)

In other news, Roo is still in progress. I've also decided to make Shiva a playable character as well. I actually started Shiva a long time ago when I finished the Bonus Game, so he might be finished before Roo is.

Also, another enemy I want to talk about... Raven.

How tough is Raven to you? Not only does he have a huge amount of Life (1,000 on Normal difficulty), but he can block and his kick attacks are fast, strong, and have good range. He is pretty much a Mini-Boss instead of a normal enemy...
#73  November 08, 2014, 04:38:49 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
It's cool that you are working on this stuff. I was surprised when you said that you was working on Shiva too.
#74  November 09, 2014, 11:01:03 pm
    • Germany
Shiva too?
Great!

Will test and give feedback later..
#75  November 17, 2014, 08:59:24 am
how do i fight more then 2 enemies at once? I dont know what to change in the config to let me fight 3 but i'm always getting only 2 enemies.
#76  November 17, 2014, 12:42:09 pm
    • rready@ciffreobona.fr
wowoo never saw this released before, this is something i have been waiting for quite some time in mugen
i have to download it
is it open source?
i'm a genius, check my body :)
#77  November 17, 2014, 06:30:41 pm
  • Blue is cool.
    • USA
how do i fight more then 2 enemies at once? I dont know what to change in the config to let me fight 3 but i'm always getting only 2 enemies.

Select "Simul" mode for the other team and choose the bonus game twice, so that you are fighting two bonus games. The bonus game has been made so that if it's team mode is Simul and it's partner is itself, it simply allow 3 enemies to appear instead of having both bonus games play at once.

is it open source?

Yes.
----------
Good news. Shiva is finished. I just need to test him some more for bugs and such and I'll post him.
#78  November 18, 2014, 01:38:34 am
    • Germany
Can´t wait for Shiva!  :)
#79  November 18, 2014, 03:41:35 am
i never thought to try that before, thanks!
#80  November 18, 2014, 04:17:29 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Umm......... HOLY SHIT! :O

Usuually these bonus games turn out really shitty in Mugen. But this...... THIS one.... Oh, my GOD! I actually had FUN with this!  ;D

My only complaint about this is that i do not have any freedom to turn around when I want to. Have you tried to do anything about this? I mean, the players do face the enemy attacking you, but when I want to turn around freely in a bonus game when I can't just kind of annoys me. X_X

Other than that, and besides throwing enemies at their feet offsets look weird, this is DEFINITELY worth a keeper! :D

You sir... earned ALL MY 5 STARS!

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."