Yuuki Terumi v1.07 (Read 44729 times)

Started by OHMSBY, January 09, 2019, 10:15:48 pm
Share this topic:
Yuuki Terumi v1.07
#1  January 09, 2019, 10:15:48 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello everyone,

Terumi is now complete. He has the same gameplay system as the rest of my characters, and is based on a hypothetical "what if this character was playable in Cross Tag" move set.

Also, I finally figured out how to code AI, so this is my first character to come with AI right out of the box. It's not quite on the same level as Holn's patches, but its a start.

Spoiler: More Screenshots (click to see content)

Get Terumi Here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X12w_kv3oUH9xsBgU4qN26SdvHkeEtCY/view?usp=sharing

And of course, there's a poll for the next character. Vote here:
Erika Wagner has won the poll. Thanks for voting

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 04:41:35 am by OHMSBY
Re: Yuuki Terumi
#2  January 09, 2019, 10:26:31 pm
  • Palette Referencer MUSIC is my LYFE
    • USA
Congrats for your 5th character cheers!!!
[/img]http://imgur.com/PXKjXbP[/img]
#3  January 10, 2019, 02:53:50 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
It seems like I missed something on my last feedback.

-Terumi's position after performing Retaliating Fang is misaligned (I noticed this before and thought it was just me. But he seems like he actually does move back a bit after using the attack. Even moves the camera if he misses).
-Just a small aesthetic. Since Terumi scratches the knife on the ground while he's running, thought it might sound cooler if you put the sound where he sheathes the knife back when he stops.
-Most of the time, Terumi doesn't finish the Jumping A animation before he touches the ground so the knife sheathe sound doesn't play (Although, I'm not sure if it's possible to fix as if he's high enough in the air and performs the attack and the knife sheathe sound does play, it would play it twice when he touches the ground if you do it that way. Just thought I might ask if it's possible).

Other than those small things, I believe that's it. Thanks for the release as always. Also, congrats on winning CotM since you now have a green trophy besides the contributor star.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#4  January 10, 2019, 03:20:15 am
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
Hmmm...this is just me, but I'm a bit curious about Kirby. I'm guessing since it says "Kirby Super Star" you're gonna grab SNES sprites and try to make a character out of that, ya?
#5  January 10, 2019, 03:37:25 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#6  January 10, 2019, 03:42:42 am
  • Literally the goddamned fun police.
    • Canada
...oh. Okay then.
Wouldn't that be Smash Bros and/or Kirby Return to Dreamland, instead of Kirby Super Star, though?
#7  January 10, 2019, 03:56:56 am
Very good A.I i like better than Holn A.I patches, They are impossible to beat.
#8  January 10, 2019, 03:59:17 am
    • Aruba
You can beat Holn A.I patches but in a scrub way XDD
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.01
#9  January 10, 2019, 04:49:28 am
    • USA
I just put out a quick update to address the bug that SolidZone pointed out, go ahead and redownload him.

-Fixed a bug that caused Terumi to suddenly scoot back a few pixels after using Retaliating Fang
-Added the sheath sound effect to the run stop animation

-Most of the time, Terumi doesn't finish the Jumping A animation before he touches the ground so the knife sheathe sound doesn't play (Although, I'm not sure if it's possible to fix as if he's high enough in the air and performs the attack and the knife sheathe sound does play, it would play it twice when he touches the ground if you do it that way. Just thought I might ask if it's possible).

It's pretty much just as you have said. I could add a trigger to the landing state that detects if he was just using jA, but that would run the risk of having the sound play twice if he uses the move high enough in the air.

Also, congrats on winning CotM since you now have a green trophy besides the contributor star.

Thanks.

#10  January 10, 2019, 05:26:39 am
#11  January 10, 2019, 05:21:11 pm
    • USA
Thank You OHMSBY! Terumi Is So Cool, Since His Own Game! And I Want To Play With Him With MUGEN And BBCF (Terumi's Lastest Appentince)
#12  January 12, 2019, 06:54:56 am
  • God Slayer
  • The path of resistance.
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
This is a placeholder for AI feedback. Will be updated soon.

-AI gets too trigger-happy with the anti-air from what I've seen. A clean empty jump's going to screw him over.
-Specials for opening moves are kind of dangerous, but it's easy to poke him out of them.
-Jabbing from afar makes him airdash immediately. People can exploit this to make him airdash as the round starts and get easy anti-airs. This is LETHAL against BB's granddaddy, Guilty Gear, especially if he's up against something like Sol, Chipp or Slayer.
-Why can he combo after his Burst?
Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:21:49 am by Himeragi Yukina
#13  January 12, 2019, 06:34:42 pm
    • USA
-AI gets too trigger-happy with the anti-air from what I've seen. A clean empty jump's going to screw him over.

I think an X Velocity trigger that detects whether the opponent is jumping towards or away from Terumi may be able to fix this, I'll have to try it out.

-Jabbing from afar makes him airdash immediately. People can exploit this to make him airdash as the round starts and get easy anti-airs. This is LETHAL against BB's granddaddy, Guilty Gear, especially if he's up against something like Sol, Chipp or Slayer.

This might have been a result of me trying to get the AI to react to projectiles, and it seems that regular attacks are being picked up up in the detection as well. I'll have to look into this.

-Why can he combo after his Burst?

That was an oversight on my part, and it will definitely have to be fixed.

This is my first time coding AI, and it admittedly kind of shows. So, feedback like this is definetly helpful.
#14  January 13, 2019, 02:49:12 am
  • God Slayer
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
I think an X Velocity trigger that detects whether the opponent is jumping towards or away from Terumi may be able to fix this, I'll have to try it out.

You'll have to have the AI react differently to situations using the same base triggeralls if you're gonna do that. Anti-Air is a tricky thing to manage if you don't know how to set it up, especially if you don't take into account the top-down reading MUGEN does.

Ideally you'll want Ground to Air states above the Air to Air states, which would then be above the Air to Ground states. Neutral ground to ground would be at the bottom.

You'll also want to give stuff like reversals, combos and the like their own sections, preferably higher up than the rest to avoid things breaking. They won't be relevant until the AI actually starts getting put in those situations anyway.

This might have been a result of me trying to get the AI to react to projectiles, and it seems that regular attacks are being picked up up in the detection as well. I'll have to look into this.

It's not a perfect thing, but I use an invincible helper at the center of the screen to help the AI determine if it's a projectile or not. If one but not the other is in guard distance, then I have it react accordingly. If both are in distance (i.e. the projectile's being used up close), then I have it guard.

Maybe the same thing will help you too. Just make sure it's fixed on the center of the screen, or a few characters' width away.
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 02:57:26 am by Himeragi Yukina
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.02
#15  January 13, 2019, 06:01:50 am
    • USA
Alright, so firstly, Terumi has gotten another update. Along with some tweaks and adjustments (mostly to the burst), his has been adjusted based on Himeragi's/Thentavius' feedback and suggestions (thanks for that). It's a little bit smarter now, and is much more responsive to projectiles. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Made some adjustments to the burst animation
- Increased the cornerpush on burst
- When bursting in the air, Terumi will no longer have control until he touches the ground
- Made some slight adjustments to the launch trajectory for the final hit of Retaliating Fang and the first hit of Dungeon of Serpents
- Made some adjustments to the AI

Next is the poll results:

Looks like Wagner is my next project. Like Terumi, she is not playable in Cross Tag, so I will be making a hypothetical Cross Tag move set for her as well.
Thanks for voting everyone.
#16  January 13, 2019, 06:16:05 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
I really enjoy your characters so far
Hope Waldstein wins one of these days...
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#17  January 13, 2019, 07:57:42 am
    • USA
Wow. Waldstein was high on the list on the 1st day, then got beaten by Wagner bad on the next few days. Oh well, don't feel disappointed on this result this time around as I used to vote for her but got overshadowed by Azrael. Unlike Terumi in the Blazblue games, Under Night's gameplay is very similar to Cross Tag Battle's, so her hypothetical moveset should be easy for you to figure out. She'll also be your first character without an English voice.

Either way after seeing how well done Terumi was, I feel like any character (Whether they exist already or not in Cross Tag Battle) made by you will be amazing no matter what. I look forward to see what you have in store with Wagner.

Edit: I found a small minor bug on Terumi, the forward grab registers 3 hits on the combo counter when there was only 2. The air and back grabs are fine and registers the correct amount of hits, just the forward one needs adjusting.
Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 12:49:13 pm by SolidZone 26
#18  January 13, 2019, 01:12:44 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
nice! I'm gonna start test him soon!
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.03
#19  February 21, 2019, 08:30:23 pm
    • USA
Terumi got an update that gives him counter hit properties on his attacks and the new slash sounds. go ahead and redownload him.

- All attacks now deal extra damage on counter hit
- Running A will have increased hitstun on counter hit
- 5C now causes the opponent to stagger on counter hit
- Fixed an error where the forward throw registers one extra hit
- New slash sounds
#20  February 22, 2019, 12:45:18 pm
  • OHMSBY style viewers
    • Indonesia
does he has Japaneses voice yet?
#21  February 22, 2019, 05:31:10 pm
    • USA
I don't really consider it as a major priority, but I might make a Japanese voice one day.
#22  February 22, 2019, 10:13:00 pm
I attempted a palette of Medusa Gorgon from Soul Eater for him.
#23  February 23, 2019, 07:12:12 am
  • God Slayer
    • Philippines
    • nobodyhere@jabber.org
    • youtube.com/Thentavius
You can beat Holn A.I patches but in a scrub way XDD

Just saying, but Holn's AI isn't that terrifying. AI shouldn't be the priority for a character, anyway, much less one like this. :|

That being said, I'll be looking into the update when I can and actually looking at the code once I've got some free time. Got a line I can send you over Discord, OHMSBY? Probably better if I can send you my feedback directly.
#24  February 24, 2019, 12:24:52 am
    • USA
Unfortunately, I do not. You'll have to post the feedback here. Or you could send it to me as a PM if you prefer.
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.05
#25  August 31, 2019, 05:37:02 pm
    • USA
Big update time (Especially big for Terumi). Go ahead and download him again.

- New system mechanic: Ultra Burst. Burst can now be used in a neutral state, and doing so will put Terumi in a powered up state that gives the following benefits:
 +Health and Meter will gradually recover overtime (Unless you're taking damage)
 +Damage output will be increased by 20%
 +Timer will be frozen
 +Hitting the opponent with the Ultra Burst will launch them upward and will be unable to recover from it
 +Hitting the opponent with the ultra burst will also grant 500 meter instantly
The time that the Ultra Burst state will last is proportionate to the amount of health lost prior to activating, Attempting an astral heat will immediately end the Ultra Burst state
- Implemented throw escape system, the opponent can now escape Terumi's normal throws by inputting A+B, B+C, X+Y, or Z within 14 frames after being grabbed. However, throws are inescapable on counterhit
- New Burst icon
- New cut in portrait for astral heat
- New astral heat BG
- Revised Burst System
- After a successful Burst, none of Terumi's attacks will connect until the opponent has recovered
- Fixed an error where Terumi could rapid cancel his burst
- AI no longer dash dances
- Terumi now makes use of custom fall states, bypassing fall.defence_up
- Implemented Incremental cornerpush and hitsun decay
- Changed Scale from .315,.315 to .33,.33
- Added special intro against Kokonoe
- New alternate Japanese .snd file available here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1smzE0nkGfVkrWoHNdIShsMZ3KqXsgjt1/view?usp=sharing

Also, don't expect me to make alternate .snds too often, as I still consider them as low priority.
#26  August 31, 2019, 05:55:13 pm
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Hold up, does that means new updates comes with AI???

Though didnt work anymore due previous updates {mainly Ruby and Yang}
#27  August 31, 2019, 06:06:15 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
A bit nitpick from my part but:
- All of his jump attacks cause debug floods.
- Standing C doesn't drain opponent's power.
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.051
#28  August 31, 2019, 06:40:55 pm
    • USA
Hold up, does that means new updates comes with AI???

Yes, I will be adding AI to all of the characters who didn't already have it. Even the ones who received AI patches from other users.

A bit nitpick from my part but:
- All of his jump attacks cause debug floods.
- Standing C doesn't drain opponent's power.

Ah whoops. It's been fixed now, thanks.
- Fixed an error where jump attacks caused debug flood
- Fixed an error where 5C didn't drain the opponent's power

Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.06
#29  April 03, 2020, 08:56:21 pm
    • USA
Terumi has gotten a small updated. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Fixed an error in the incremental cornerpush system
- Ultra Burst's aura effect will be temporarily disabled whenever Terumi is in a custom state
- Added dash dust effect to running grab
- Added special intro against Susanoo
#30  April 04, 2020, 01:15:55 am
For some weird reason I suddenly can't download from google drive o,O it just won't let me access no idea why
Is it possible to upload to mediafire aswell?
#31  April 05, 2020, 02:11:09 pm
    • USA
While I was playing Terumi, I actually found something on this update:

-Snakebite can sometimes go through the floor when hit by Snakebite (This might be the same issue with Akatsuki and Yang I pointed out earlier).

And two minor aesthetics I missed as my eyes for detail weren't as sharp back then:
-The strong ground shockwave on Snakebite and Serpent's Cursed Sting when the opponent hits the ground is behind the opponent instead of front of them.
-There are two strong ground shockwaves instead of one when the opponent hits the ground during Dungeon of Serpents.
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.061
#32  April 05, 2020, 08:20:50 pm
    • USA
Thank you solidzone. Its all fixed now, so go ahead and redownload him.
Re: Yuuki Terumi v1.07
#33  July 27, 2020, 04:43:28 am
    • USA
Terumi has been updated. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Frame data adjustments
- Damage Scaling Adjustments
- Additional Effects
- Retaliating Fang is now immune to throws up until the last active frame
- Adjusted the hiboxes on 5A, 5AAA, 2A, and 4A so they can hit smaller characters more consistently
- Changed animation for Dead Angle Attack
- It is now possible to chain into 4A from 5B or 5BB
- Adjusted launch trajectory for aerial Gleaming Fang, 2A, and 2B
- Increased jump height during the first attack of Dungeon of Serpents
- Added special intro against Iori Yagami
- Japanese SND has also been updated. Get it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1smzE0nkGfVkrWoHNdIShsMZ3KqXsgjt1/view?usp=sharing