YesNoOk

Captain Marvel (Update 7/16/2019) (Read 14550 times)

Started by Mr. Giang, March 08, 2019, 01:49:06 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 3/30/2019)
#21  March 30, 2019, 11:36:51 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Awg damn it, I forgot that 1.0 didn't support OpenGL. RIP MUGEN 1.0 users then :/
I hate to be that guy since I use 1.0 myself, but it's unfortunate for users such as myself and the people on YouTube who wanted it. I see no reason to use 1.1 as it's still a beta and still has bugs 1.0 doesn't have, but this is one of those cases that it would be required.

However, if you are going to keep making characters for 1.1 exclusively, you should at least change the message icon to "Character-1.1" on the topic to give people a heads up. Some of the characters that you updated lately aren't for the 1.0 version and are already obsolete.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
I
#22  March 30, 2019, 12:43:29 pm
Awg damn it, I forgot that 1.0 didn't support OpenGL. RIP MUGEN 1.0 users then :/
I hate to be that guy since I use 1.0 myself, but it's unfortunate for users such as myself and the people on YouTube who wanted it. I see no reason to use 1.1 as it's still a beta and still has bugs 1.0 doesn't have, but this is one of those cases that it would be required.

However, if you are going to keep making characters for 1.1 exclusively, you should at least change the message icon to "Character-1.1" on the topic to give people a heads up. Some of the characters that you updated lately aren't for the 1.0 version and are already obsolete.

It will be easier for you to switch to 1.1 instead of the creator updating multiple chars ( a sff in this case).  I can guarantee it will run all of your chars with no issues.

1.0 sucks for me runs slow drops fps all the time, been using 1.1 since I registered here, no issues whats so ever.
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 3/30/2019)
#23  March 31, 2019, 01:11:49 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Snip

Seconded this. Other than some extremely nitpicky problem (RemoveExplod is the only thing I can think of), 1.1 is more polished than 1.0 in all aspects. Unless your computer can't run OpenGL, there is no reason not to use 1.1. That being said, I agree I should have given a head up for folks who could only use 1.0 beforehand.
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 5/11/2019)
#24  May 11, 2019, 05:28:55 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Fixed all Tag issues.
- Power Blaster's damage increased from 10 to 12 per hit.
- Air normals now can cancel into air-dash.
- Air Hard now causes soft knockdown.
- Increased the size of j.Z's hitbox.
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 5/11/2019)
#25  May 12, 2019, 04:18:35 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
It will be easier for you to switch to 1.1 instead of the creator updating multiple chars ( a sff in this case).  I can guarantee it will run all of your chars with no issues.

1.0 sucks for me runs slow drops fps all the time, been using 1.1 since I registered here, no issues whats so ever.
Seconded this. Other than some extremely nitpicky problem (RemoveExplod is the only thing I can think of), 1.1 is more polished than 1.0 in all aspects. Unless your computer can't run OpenGL, there is no reason not to use 1.1. That being said, I agree I should have given a head up for folks who could only use 1.0 beforehand.
Sorry if this reply is late, didn't getting around reading the posts until now. Maybe the characters will work just fine, but not stages from Winmugen. Instead of using 1.0 dedicated stages, I brought over every stage I used back on my old Winmugen client and all of them work on 1.0 with no problems. I did tried out 1.1 a while back and only brought a certain amount of Winmugen stages on it, but it causes some of them to crash. Most of the stages are from the original source games and I don't understand why they wouldn't be backwards compatible. Another reason is that lifebar portraits don't share with the palette. I still want to keep using my private edited lifebars, not use a custom one, and not give a custom portrait for every single character in my roster. That's the reasons what's preventing me from switching completely.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
Re: Captain Marvel (Update 7/16/2019)
#26  July 16, 2019, 05:34:23 pm
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
Update:
- Now starts a match with 1000 power.
- Now has 10% minimum damage scaling.
- All normals now can be air-blocked.
- Blitzblow's damage increased by 20.
- Blitzblow now can OTG.
- d.Y and d.Z now can OTG.