YesNoOk

HYPER BG provided and standardized by Fight.fx file (Read 31379 times)

Started by Inactive user, April 03, 2019, 02:37:47 am
Share this topic:
HYPER BG provided and standardized by Fight.fx file
#1  April 03, 2019, 02:37:47 am
HYPER BG provided and standardized by Fight.fx file

This resource is wonderful if you wish make a fullgame and standardize your chars with the same hyper background.
even the chars being made by different authors, with the same hyper bg they will look standardized.
the same can be made for the hitsparks and any fight.fx, you will spend less time with a fix animation,instead to add it one by one separatedly.

you can make different hyper background to separate any universe, kinda marvel vs capcom or dc vs snk for example.
it´s really fast and efficient, crop and past the coding and the magic happens.....

obs:  Letter F on front of anim number will indicate to system finds the resource into the fight.fx file.

EXAMPLE:

[State 3401, HYPER BG FX]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 2

anim = F7100 = Letter F on front of anim number will indicate to system finds the resource into the fight.fx file.
sprPriority = -12
;posType = P1
ID = 812
;scale = 0.75,0.625
removetime = 140
postype = left
bindtime = -1
facing = 1
ownpal = -1
pos = -20,-26

;HYPER BG FX CONTROLLER
[State 741, Bye HYPER BG FX]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = time = 140 ;After 9 swings
ID = 812
Re: HYPER BG provided and standardized by Fight.fx file
#2  June 10, 2019, 07:42:06 pm
    • UK
Thanks a ton for this! Really saved me tons of time and effort, I have altered the code slightly as it had a couple of issues like the hyper background would pause along with the superpause setting and only go one way instead of switching directions depending which side of the screen you are on. For anyone reading this now i have pasted the code i use below. Just insert the hyper BG sprites into the fightfx.sff with fighter factory, number them in the group 7100 (e.g. 7100,0 / 7100,1/  7100, 2 etc) save it then open the fightfx.air file with fighter factory and create an animation with those sprites and number it 7100 also then save and exit. Now you just nee to find the section of code for each hyper move in the character's CNS file and paste it under it somewhere then that is it. I have copied and pasted the code and my own notes i made at the time below which should be all the info you need:

*The below code needs putting under each section for each hyper move in the character's CNS file. Some have seperate CNS files for hypers etc but some older characters have everything under one CNs file. just find the hyper move and somewhere within the section for that hyper move paste the below code. I usually put it before or after the superpause code just to make it easier to find if i need to make edits to the code. The hyper background is now installed into the fightfx.sff & fightfx.air files now so you only need to post the below code in the character's hyper move code section and that is it. 320x240 is their width and height positions in fighter factory but you shouldn't have to edit these again just keep the number handy incase need to make changes or redo it.

**DON'T FORGET THIS NEEDS DOING FOR EACH HYPER MOVE SO IF A CHARACTER HAS 10 HYPER MOVES FOR EXAMPLE, THEN YOU WILL NEED TO PASTE THIS 10 TIMES, ONCE UNDER EACH SECTION OF CODE FOR A HYPER MOVE.

***THE ONLY PART OF THE CODE YOU SHOULD NEED TO EDIT MANUALLY FOR EACH SEPARATE HYPER MOVE IS THE "REMOVETIME" AS SOME HYPER MOVES ANIMATIONS ARE LONGER THAN OTHERS. FOR EXAMPLE A NORMAL PROJECTILE HYPER CAN HAVE IT SET TO ABOUT 110. IF YOU HAVE A CHARGED VERSION WHICH HAS A LONGER ANIMATION THEN IT WILL NEED A HIGHER VALUE THAN 110. OTHERWISE THE HYPER BG WILL STOP SHOWING HALF WAY THROUGH THE HYPER MOVE ANIMATION ETC.

;-----------------------------------------------------------------;
[State 3401, HYPER BG FX]
type = Explod
trigger1 = AnimElem = 2
anim = F7100
sprPriority = 0
ID = 812
scale = 0.25,0.25
removetime = 110
postype = back
pos = 80,60
bindtime = -1
vfacing = 1
facing = 1
ownpal = 1
ontop =0
removeongethit =1
ignorehitpause=1
shadow =0
persistent=0
supermove = 999999999999999999999
pausemove = 999999999999999999999

;HYPER BG FX CONTROLLER
[State 741, Bye HYPER BG FX]
type = RemoveExplod
trigger1 = time = 140 ;After 9 swings
ID = 812
;---------------------------------------------------------------;
#3  June 10, 2019, 09:59:22 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
Thank you very much for the code. I wanna implement it via add004 but I can´t, I try with this one. Only some little questions before start to add code to my characters:
-States used in this code 3401 and 741 there are not used for other things? If the state is in use, which should I use?
-When I have defined the duration time of each hyper, would it be possible to end up with an interpolated blend? With this way the background would disappear gradually and not suddenly.
-Any easy way to find the hyper codes of each character in the .cns files? The only way that I know it's using debug mode and performing the movement.
Thanks again Mazemerald for the code and Retroid84 for the fix and explanation.
#4  June 10, 2019, 10:07:22 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
nice although I'm not sure this would work with 1.1 due to zoom might have to mess around with it
Gazira,Hyper moves are usually moves with superpause,generally starting with statedef 3000
that state thingy up there is just a name for explod man,its not an actual state
Mind If I have your fightfx mazemerald? I like the hyper bg in your screenshot,could use it for mvc roster
#5  June 10, 2019, 11:07:12 pm
    • djjosehisterico@gmail.com
nice although I'm not sure this would work with 1.1 due to zoom might have to mess around with it
Gazira,Hyper moves are usually moves with superpause,generally starting with statedef 3000
that state thingy up there is just a name for explod man,its not an actual state
Mind If I have your fightfx mazemerald? I like the hyper bg in your screenshot,could use it for mvc roster

Thank you very much for the info, I try with my chars, I really like to can add this bg. About the zoom problem that you tell, maybe you can solve with that value?
scale = GameWidth/1280*2,GameHeight/768*2

Posted: June 11, 2019, 05:53:01 pm
I test the code with mugen 1.1 and not work... I try to change scale but nothig it´s showed. I do all the steps:
-Add images to fightfx.sff and animation to fight_air.txt I take the same valor of the example F7100
-Add the code under superpause state that I found in the .cns of each char
Could the code created by Mazemerald be modified to make it compatible with mugen 1.1? Thank you very much.