YesNoOk

Tsubasa Stage W.I.P. (Read 7922 times)

Started by PeXXeR, May 27, 2017, 08:47:43 am
Share this topic:
Tsubasa Stage W.I.P.
#1  May 27, 2017, 08:47:43 am
The stage creation itself is not an issue, I am just stumped at what to put in the stage and how to go about some stuff and animations, I have ripped the sprites I need and I had to clean lots of stuff, but I think I can get what I want from it, with some edits, now I am reading/ watching a parralax tutorial to give it that Tatsu feel. My point is.

Should I add, players in the background passing or some stuff from the game ?
I am editing the crowd and stands as we speak, maybe some add banners, flags in the crowd, like SNK, CAPCOM and stuff ?
What will you do ?

I have ripped and edited most of the stuff, once I am off from work ( I think on monday, I will start coding it)
Just wanted to get some stage creator's 2 cents on this stuff.

A Clip from the original game, just to give you guys an Idea.
https://vid.me/xWWZ
Sorry for the jittery recording, thats my bad.
Anywho
 What I plan is to have the field from the normal view and the crowd from the "vs" screen for now. with some more stuff.

As for the game, its a great RPG, made by the ninja gaiden guys, for the NES, the anime is meh but the games are great.

Thanks.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:57:43 am by PeXXeR
Re: Tsubasa Stage W.I.P.
#2  May 27, 2017, 09:06:27 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
It seems rather sparse for a stage, but if you insist having players in the background is going to be a must. Maybe look for blimps or Show Jets leaving trails in the sky.
#3  May 27, 2017, 09:23:44 am
It seems rather sparse for a stage, but if you insist having players in the background is going to be a must. Maybe look for blimps or Show Jets leaving trails in the sky.

great idea, thats just perfect, I ripped some flags with animations from the genesis version, what I got is 2 frames each, some add boards, a blimp, moving clouds, and 8 bit crowd noises for the 8 bit tune I plan to use. I had to remake the floor myself cause of the prespective, I think I got it down. I will post some screens later today.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:31:43 am by PeXXeR
#4  May 27, 2017, 09:59:53 am
  • Retired
  • Terminally Online
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/devon/
Sounds good. fill that sky up!
#5  May 27, 2017, 12:53:40 pm
Alread started separating and splicing the sprites, here's the new floor I made, looks decent to me. whats left.

Extend/Give more detail to crowd
Clouds/blimp/Add boards with CT2/SNK/CAPCOM, Flags.
People behind the add boards
Camera lights inside the crowd.
and parralax everything ot the best of my ability. I plan to make, the crowd and goal scroll as the stage moves.
To make it scroll like I want, the crowd needs to be seperated into 3 for 3 roles of people, 3 scrolling toghether with a little delay between each role. OH corner flags as well. Flags at the bottom right will be removed.
Scale if out of whack right now it will make sense once progress is made.

Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 01:12:18 pm by PeXXeR
#6  May 27, 2017, 07:56:57 pm
  • Pixels are atom's of resolution,Low-res or Hi-res
    • Turkey
    • metekervan26@gmail.com
New #7  May 27, 2017, 08:58:29 pm
Thanks bro, I am sure I will find something in there to aid me. I am re-working stuff, clouds are finished and seperated I am really happy how they turned out, new crowd with more detail added as well. Slowly but surely making progress, quite the learning experience.
I for now I can make the clouds and grass scroll how I'd like, the crowd needs to be seperated and extended.

Now I am at the point" I just have to fuck around with it and get it right" sprite wise.
Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 10:25:07 pm by PeXXeR