YesNoOk

I'm back!! Part I: Fighting Reimu Hakurei (updated 07/15/2010) (Read 12665 times)

Started by Basara Lapis, July 08, 2010, 07:38:38 am
Share this topic:
I'm back!! Part I: Fighting Reimu Hakurei (updated 07/15/2010)
#1  July 08, 2010, 07:38:38 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Hi boys and girls, at last I've a new character ready to be played. This time is a new reformulation of Touhou dolls you'll see in MUGEN. Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you Fighting Reimu Hakurei

FEATURES:
-4 buttons (2 punches and 2 kicks)
-Reimu sprites and portrait from Scarlet Weather Rhapsody/Touhou Hisouten
-No Touhou gameplay (And that's mean NO CHEAPNESS), and just a few of her original powers/moves remained from original Reimu
-A lot of new moves from various fighting games, mainly SNK and Capcom ones
-Sparks, FX and screens from Waku Waku 7
-Palettes from all her appearances and from other MUGEN witches/wizards
-Brand-new poses (intros, wins and a taunt)

SHOTS:

Also some of my WIPS updated and thinking about the future of AGP, soon news about it and the other chars in the WIP list. And another release who deserves its own topic, soon you'll see it ;)

http://basara.mugen-infantry.net
Chars -> Experimental series

---------------------------------
Reimu has been updated!!
B-kun's readme said:
07/15/2010 - Version 1.1
-Reimu now has a voice thanks to Choiyer's rips
-From the same part, changed some KOF sounds for other from Touhou games
-Fixed comboability in Reimu, no more infinites non-planned hits
-Fixed damages in various specials and supers
-Super Sommersault is unguardable once conected (now enemy can't block
 super if it's hitted)
-Added more FX and sounds in Goddess Manifest, for more dramatism
-Switched Wind Rage for Reimu Ray, now WR is a level 2 super and RR is
 level 1 super (but command hasn't changed), fixed damages in both
-Raging Demon's Demon now roars!! :S
-Some aesthetic details changed
Get her now!! ;D

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 06:30:42 pm by Earthworm Basara
Re: I'm back!! Part I: Fighting Reimu Hakurei released
#2  July 08, 2010, 08:08:36 am
    • Chile

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#3  July 08, 2010, 09:09:41 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
  • Cannot be thrown during her rolls. Probably should make F,x+a roll forward too.
  • The hitstun for her Super Sommersault is so pathetic that even if it connects, the next hits can be blocked.
  • Her y-throw looks really awkward. It's hard to put in words how awkward it looks.

Personal preference talking here, but I can't say I'm too fond of what you made. It just has way too many moves that just don't stick together well. The level 3 supers are absolutely atrocious. It doesn't feel like a cohesive well-thought-out character.

Big ups for Waku Waku effects, though.
#4  July 08, 2010, 03:38:50 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
-No Touhou gameplay (And that's mean NO CHEAPNESS), and just a few of her original powers/moves remained from original Reimu

Lol.  Reimu was never cheap.  She was, infact, one of the lowest tier characters in the previous fighter.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#5  July 08, 2010, 03:47:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Lol.  Reimu was never cheap.  She was, infact, one of the lowest tier characters in the previous fighter.

She was, infact, one of the lowest tier.

lowest tier

tier

... is for queers
#6  July 08, 2010, 03:49:54 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
DO YOU WANT THE BIG GAY DANCE RP?  DO YOU!?

Also.

REIMU BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#7  July 08, 2010, 04:35:06 pm
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
She's soooooooooo damn cute, I really wish to keep her in Mugen, because I always wanted to see a melee-styled Reimu, but she has lots of flaws.

* The Sommersault Super move, as mentioned above, allows opponent to block between hits.
* Waku Waku 7 effects look strange to her, IMO. There's a huge difference between the quality of her sprites and the effects.
* The ability to make chain combos like [Y > A > Y > A > Y], [Y > B > Y] or [Down + B > Down + A] is WEIRD.
* Lots of infinite combos:
- [Standing Light Kick > Standing Strong Punch > Rapid Cane], repeat
- During a dash forwards [Light Punch > Light Kick > Strong Kick] , repeat
- Against tall opponents, Jump Forwards [Light Punch x 7 > Light Kick > Heavy Kick], repeat
* 280 damage for the Wind Rage? Adjust it to something like 170-210.

* Her Lv2 beam super doesn't look like something that costs 2 gauges. It would better let her beam more time in the screen, with a larger pause between hits. The same thing goes to Goddess Manifest, it needs something more dramatic.
* Goddess Manifest isn't B, F, U + 2 kicks as you write in the readme, but B, F, D + 2 kicks.

IMO she still lacks balance hard. I hope to see some adjustments in her gameplay, because I found her really interesting.
Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:38:38 pm by Zzyzzyxx
#8  July 08, 2010, 04:45:09 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
#9  July 08, 2010, 07:04:25 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Fantasy Heaven is the translation.

The name of it is 'Musou Tensei'.  A Hokuto reference is not only expected, but required from any girl given THAT for anything.
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
#10  July 08, 2010, 07:20:31 pm
    • Chile
Yay!! A lot of feedback here!! :sugoi:
Thanks guys, I'll solve all those things for her next update ;) (and that would be soon)

Also, as I stated in her readme, I need a female voice for Reimu (a friend of mine, Soul Rokkuman should be her voice, but since she never answered me, I decided to released her without a voice) since in the original game (or at least in her other MUGEN versions), Reimu hasn't voice, either...

#11  July 08, 2010, 07:39:17 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Yay!! A lot of feedback here!! :sugoi:
Thanks guys, I'll solve all those things for her next update ;) (and that would be soon)

Also, as I stated in her readme, I need a female voice for Reimu (a friend of mine, Soul Rokkuman should be her voice, but since she never answered me, I decided to released her without a voice) since in the original game (or at least in her other MUGEN versions), Reimu hasn't voice, either...

Choiyer, iirc, did make a voicepack for Nachel's Reimu. Just use that since it seems to be Reimu's accepted voice (iirc, only Reimu, Marisa, and Suika have generally accepted voices that are pretty much globally accepted as their "official" voice, especially in Suika's case.)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 07:43:31 pm by RicePigeon
#12  July 08, 2010, 07:49:26 pm
    • Chile
I've no idea about Reimu already has a voice (an accepted one in this case), let me search that SND to see if would fit with her.
By the other hand, I knew about the release of a Touhou short OVA (like 5-10 min of anime Touhou), it could be work that, too??

#13  July 08, 2010, 09:14:44 pm
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
You could from the OVA, though be a little hard to get good clips from that to even use for her. It would probably be best to get it from Choiyer's if you really wanted to, or get someone to do her voice. Either way

Also, glad to see that you finally got her released too! Been quite a while since we talked about her, and glad to see that she's different from the millions of other Reimus out there ^^
#14  July 08, 2010, 10:32:09 pm
    • Chile
Thanks ;) I'm very satisfied with this Reimu, basicly to add another original creation to the Touhou dolls in MUGEN. I'm already fixing the stuff related here (like the many hits of jumping weak punch and various stuff from the CMD), I think I'll update her in the next days...

And RP, thanks for the tip, I already downloaded Choiyer's SND patch... but I found this in the patch readme:
Do not use or edit my files in order to make your creations. Characters must be used only to play.
When I want to use Reimu which you used this patch for in an movie site, please specify it when I "Use a Toho voice patch of this movie" in comment or the beginning.
Do not host, distribute or upload my files in another mugen site.
Do not sell this file in any way.
That means I can't use her sounds for my char? Or maybe ask for permission? Choiyer's english is hard for my understanding :S

#15  July 08, 2010, 11:37:16 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Well, RP's Yuyuko has Choiyer's soundpack, and nothing's happened with that yet.
#16  July 08, 2010, 11:40:13 pm
    • Chile
Hmmm, good point :P OK, I'll use it, then :P added to my list of updates for Fighting Reimu v1.1

#17  July 09, 2010, 12:30:26 am
  • T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
    • USA
    • Skype - shinxenomic@hotmail.com
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/xenomic/
I may test it out here soon....after I finish Double Spoilers. MUGEN runs slow on my comp sometimes, and makes it run slow for a while afterwards, so I don't test very many things. But I might do a vid on her just to see what all she has (in Training Mode, of course). As for Choiyer...I haven't seen anything happen with anyone using his stuff in vids or anything either. I think he just stopped caring about that or something...or doesn't really know or something! Who knows?

Also, needs more Midnight Bliss and Shock :V *shot*....c'mon! You know I was gonna say that! lulz
#18  July 09, 2010, 01:28:10 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Well, RP's Yuyuko has Choiyer's soundpack, and nothing's happened with that yet.

And even if I didnt use Choiyer's soundpack, whats to stop me from going to the source of those sound files and ripping them myself? Aside from a cease & desist order from the copyright holders, nothing. Choiyer can't do shit about it.

Now if those are original voices by Choiyer (which I seriously doubt) then thats a different story.
#19  July 09, 2010, 03:53:00 am
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
My Youmu, Remilia, and Sakuya also has a voice clip or two from the sound packs, then again it's not like I used all the voices like RP did.

Anyways, this Reimu is fun to play with aside from the problems that were already pointed out by the previous posters though here's my contribution:

- Magic ball does a bit too much damage in my opinion and it whiffs at close range
- Reimu Ray seems to whiff as well against certain characters
- When jumping over the opponent, Reimu doesn't immediately turn to face them when she lands if you continuously jump
- Her animations seem a bit too fast at times, while others seem slow making Reimu appear stiff like when jumping forward
- Goddess Manifest doesn't produce any sounds when hitting the opponent which kind of kills any dramatic effect you were going for as well as Raging Demon. I suggest using different sounds for those attacks to give them a sense of...well being a Level 3.
#20  July 09, 2010, 04:42:37 am
    • Chile
Thanks for the comment and for the feedback, added to my list of what needed to fix ;) (sorry, but... what is "whiff"? :S)

Until now I fixed like 60-70% of your feedback, maybe tomorrow or saturday I update Reimu, with bugs fixed and with a voice :D