YesNoOk

Tekken Revolution: PS3 Exclusive free to play Tekken (Read 57620 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, June 08, 2013, 09:58:45 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Tekken Revolution: PS3 Exclusive free to play Tekken
#281  February 24, 2014, 11:00:00 pm
    • USA
I dunno man, I enjoy Revolution in player lobbies since most of us turn stats off. It's pretty much a new 5DR at that point, plus those specials but they're not entirely brainless. It does change your perspective on who you're fighting.

The whole stats thing is stupid and most people playing ranked either swag out with raw skill, are borderline retarded and focus mainly on stat grind with the most basic, first-time-playing-Tekken experience, or real good players with high stats to ruin the experience for everyone. :V
I mean, you can turn stats off but it bothers people because you know others are wanting to actually play stats, and
Shwa said:
most people playing ranked either swag out with raw skill, are borderline retarded and focus mainly on stat grind with the most basic, first-time-playing-Tekken experience, or real good players with high stats
Which is really annoying and kind of takes the fun away, like you said.

I don't know, just a lot of factors come into it.

#282  February 24, 2014, 11:26:19 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
I never faced good players with huge stats thankfully. All of them were low and super arts spammers.

Same here.  Which is one of the main things that put me off this game. The last straw was when I beat some scrub kazuya user who threatened to report me for hacking. since according to him "It's not possible to move around like that" A lot of these guys don't even know the basics of movement.
#283  February 25, 2014, 12:42:08 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
I'm just hoping the lack of bounds in Revolution means no more bounds in T7.

Stats themselves are a crutch and a really bad one. Harada wanted to try something to reward players for dedicating time, but this is not how you do it. It's especially bad when some "high ranked" people got there through sheer luck. Seriously, you don't see decent players until you're around Vanquisher rank and it takes quite some time and a lot of idiot noobs. It's funny beating a high stat player with sheer fundamentals due to how bad they are.

And if you're around lvl 50 and haven't reached triple digit wins, you should seriously stop playing Tekken, because you're obviously not learning....

It's a free game so yea, kinda expecting new players to try Tekken, but this is ridiculous.
#284  February 28, 2014, 10:05:54 am
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
I feel like recording the rage mail I tend to get from players who complain about my methed with ether Devil Jin or Kazuya when I try to pressure my opponent or get them to attack when I use the lazer , they call me spammer caz they simply don't even know  how to dudge , and did I mention they have characters with more life and atk ? while all the characters I use except for Jaycee has like 0 status in everything
#285  February 28, 2014, 12:50:25 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
You are playing with scrubs, what else than stupidity do you expect?

Play TTT2 or even Tekken 6 for a better experience
#286  February 28, 2014, 01:26:10 pm
I did this simply to troll people, especially with Kaz. :P
#287  February 28, 2014, 08:51:31 pm
Does anyone want to play Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on ps3 with me later tonight or tomorow?
#288  February 28, 2014, 09:06:31 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
you don't see decent players until you're around Vanquisher rank and it takes quite some time and a lot of idiot noobs. It's funny beating a high stat player with sheer fundamentals due to how bad they are.

Rank means nothing in revolution or TTT2. I have beaten "true tekken gods" " tekken lords" who have simply  boosted to get those ranks. A very well known booster in the tekken community is :  "LING_IS_A_HOOKER" aka "MIHARU_PUSSY_TIGHT" he has at least 3 other accounts. If you ever run into this guy online say do you know "DA_MAVERIK" LOL and watch him go into a rage filled rant and type like 20 lines of excuses and bullshit to why he has lost against me countless times. If you play tekken online enough you must have run into this guy at some  point.

In contrast to that I have also encountered 1st dan players that are very solid, competent players.

@kasumi
Whats your PSN I don't mind playing you tomorrow. Are you any good?

Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:12:30 pm by LM_FO
#289  February 28, 2014, 09:20:56 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Those boosters is what killed TTT2 online really. That´s terrible. I´ve faced some pretty damn good players that even assisted tournaments and stuff (in some I got ass whopped, in others I manage to give a decent effort, in others I won :P ). Would love to play some matches again, let´s see if I have time.

In what time are you online?? PSN??
Chilling
Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 09:27:31 pm by Aldo
#290  February 28, 2014, 09:36:37 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Those boosters is what killed TTT2 online really. That´s terrible. I´ve faced some pretty damn good players that even assisted tournaments and stuff (in some I got ass whopped, in others I manage to give a decent effort, in others I won :P ). Would love to play some matches again, let´s see if I have time.

In what time are you online?? PSN??

Playing against tournament players is the best way to learn tekken trust me. Keep it up and you'll find that your overall movement and strategies will improve a lot. Playing against average players will only produce bad habits that wont work against a seasoned player. I'll be online tomorrow night about 11.00 till pretty late.  In the week days I'm on more frequently in the evenings after work.

my psn is DA_MAVERIK.
#291  March 01, 2014, 12:59:27 am
Aye, I work an evening shift today and tomorrow. =(

I'm about a shade or two below intermediate level (and I don't play anything as often as I used to due to real life).
#292  March 02, 2014, 06:09:27 am
you don't see decent players until you're around Vanquisher rank and it takes quite some time and a lot of idiot noobs. It's funny beating a high stat player with sheer fundamentals due to how bad they are.

Rank means nothing in revolution or TTT2. I have beaten "true tekken gods" " tekken lords" who have simply  boosted to get those ranks.

In contrast to that I have also encountered 1st dan players that are very solid, competent players.

I agree, ranks doesn't mean a thing , I came across a Kazuya player with a boost of 200 power who was level 51 and had a very high rank (red icon of a sort) yet I bet him in all 3 rounds with a character with no boost what so ever , then I came across a first dan Lili player who only had one win,and no boost, yet he annoyed the ever loving hell out of me >:(

@kasumi: I still need to buy TTT2 , hopfeully I well get a copy today , if you or any one else is instrested , you can add me at PSN : DevilRaptorB

#293  March 02, 2014, 06:14:06 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
I´ll be online on next thursday, friday, saturday, sunday of next week. From 2:00 pm to 5:00 or from 9:00 pm to 12:00 am. Hopefully a session can occur. Looking forward to it.
Chilling

XCB

#294  March 03, 2014, 02:07:29 am
  • Proudly retired
    • USA
    • piiym.net
I'd love to play some TTT2 against some of you. Maybe I can learn some new things. PSN: ZeroDistance
#295  March 03, 2014, 11:10:29 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Anyone up for some tekken tonight?

PSN: DA_MAVERIK
#296  March 05, 2014, 11:38:22 pm
sent XBC and LM_FO a freind invite, currentlly trying tekken tag 2, anyone up for it?
#297  March 05, 2014, 11:55:57 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Sure:

PSN is MightyKombat
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#298  March 09, 2014, 01:29:25 am
@kasumi

I'm not very good at Tekken, but I don't think I'm awful. I've never played with "competitive" level players till Aldo so I guess he can be the judge :P.

But anyways.
Good Games to the ppl I played with.
too bad our timezones keep us all apart. or busy day events.

PPL I've played with from Guild so far:

XCB
Niitris
DevilRaptorB
Aldo

(I mainly play 2D fighters, but I'm giving 3D a chance since I like DOA and Tekken)
#299  March 09, 2014, 11:59:47 am
@kasumi

I'm not very good at Tekken, but I don't think I'm awful. I've never played with "competitive" level players till Aldo so I guess he can be the judge :P.

(I mainly play 2D fighters, but I'm giving 3D a chance since I like DOA and Tekken)
.                                                                                                                                                                                                                               What are you talking about ? Your skills is really good , you pretty much own with Jin , if there is a 2d game you have on mind for the PSN then I'd love to face you in it