YesNoOk

CVS2 Mina & Iroha Beta Release (Read 19213 times)

Started by extravagant, December 25, 2019, 09:07:41 pm
Share this topic:
CVS2 Mina & Iroha Beta Release
#1  December 25, 2019, 09:07:41 pm
    • USA
Hello all! Merry Christmas. I wanted to share the latest most updated works of my CvS2 Mina and Iroha. They are not fully complete yet, but they are for the most part functional and playable. I wanted to finish everything since November, and Christmas was my deadline but I couldn't finish everything in time. However, I will update more in the near future for the most complete versions. Mina and Iroha are still missing some intros, and they are both in progress of getting a proper color separation from my buddy IsRageNeko. I color separated Mina months ago, but I messed up and erased one important shading detail on her hair and clothes, so I handed over the CS'ing project to my buddy IsRageNeko since he wanted to do it; Please wait for an updated CS patch with much better version in the near future. For now, you can still enjoy it.

Just want to say special thanks to all the support

Special credits to:
VioFitz, my buddy and long time friend for 10 years now. 10 years ago he made this custom Mina Majikina spritesheet and I took on the project on my own. We planned out some moves together (mostly was VioFitz, but he's a great guy, took some suggestions even from me and FOR me, nicest guy ever). We worked together to make this Mina strong and competitive, yet not broken cheap. VioFitz, thank you for everything. I just wanted to dedicate these to you.

A few months ago, me and VioFitz starting talking again and he was kind enough to make some custom sprites for Iroha as well. Super eternally grateful.

I want to thank Nep Heart and Jmorphman for helping me many many times in the guild discord coding help center. Special thanks to Cyanide for helping me with a great deal of things 10 years ago. Cyanide would literally spend days helping me back then.

Thanks Amidweiz, Nep Heart, and IsRageNeko for beta testing.

;Credits Announcement: (From CNS file)
;warusaki3 - Use of Sprites, Sound, Code (Authorized)
;H'' - "If you helped Warusaki3, then you have helped me as well. Thank you"
;Kira - Use of Felicia & Deejay as a template (Authorized)
;IsRageNeko - Color Separation
;PotS - Hi-Res Sprites
;Drex - Hi-Res Sprites
;KOD - Awesome Hi-Res Fire FX Sprites
;Entropy - Helping out w/ coding
;Elix - Helping out w/ coding
;Vans - Helping out w/ coding
;Ishida Uryuu - Helping out w/ coding
;Cyanide - Helping out w/ Sungan No Sasoi & Sungan No Makae
;VioFitz - Without you, I wouldn't even consider this project
;Choiyer - I didn't even ask, but I took some of your hitsparks
;Nep Heart - THANK YOU SO MUCH!! Projectile bug... 10 years....
;Nep Heart - Again TYSM for helping on her super
;Thanks to the people above for all the help & resources for this

Download: https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/xfImHgQWPc2X1L4CLWfdwA

This is somewhat almost complete beta, and will be updated in the near future. Upon my request, please test out and look for any bugs and report anything useful to me. I will make updates and release a better color separated version in the near future as well. Last favor I ask, if that when I release the improved completed versions in the future, please delete the older versions and don't go uploading them in other places---at least until I finish it completely. Thanks.
UMT Season #2 - 2nd Place
UMT Season #3 - 1st Place
CvS2 vs POTS Season #1 - 1st Place
NorCal Crab Battle CvS2 - 2nd Place
Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:27:55 pm by extravagant
Re: CVS2 Mina & Iroha Beta Release
#2  December 25, 2019, 09:15:22 pm
    • USA
Mina Majikina Gameplay: She can zone like crazy with her arrows.

QCF + P - she will shoot arrows from different directions. If you do with LP, she shoots low, very useful. You can also double hit with arrows if you time things properly.

(Backward DP Motion) + P - This is her Sun Arrow. She will shoot arrows into the sky, and arrows bind into the air. To release the arrows, to the same backward DP motion, but with Kick. You can do light (1 arrow), medium (2 arrows) and heavy (3 arrows).

Counter - VioFitz gave her a counter similar to Hibiki's. The counter can pick up low,mid,high, and super. After she throws opponent in the air, she can also juggle by shooting an arrow at opponent. Deals great damage. You can also combo into super.

Fwd+Punch - Mina will slide forward and do a hard knockdown punch
Fwd+Kick - Mina will slide forward and do a sidekick, and can combo with an arrow attack or link c.HP.

Supers:
QCB x2 + Kick - Spinning Excessive Bow
QCF x2 + Punch - Arrow Super Projectile
HCB, F+ Kick - Zetsumei (Level 3 Only)
QCB HCF + Punch - Umichimun's Rage  (Level 3)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Iroha Gameplay

Iroha is almost like a shoto. She has two DP like moves. One is from her original game, and the second one I just yolo gave her a Shadow Blade/Shoryuken like move. Why? Well, it's CvS2, and Capcom stole some moves from SNK in CvS2, so I wanted to do the same and give the SNK characters a buff. Ken has Kyo's red kick, and you know, Iori has Ken's shoryu reppa. It's all in good fun anyway.

Iroha pretty much moves and plays like a shoto, but I removed her ability to do some of her original moves in the air. Why? I just didn't feel like all of them were necessary to do in the air. Feel free to experiment with her.

Iroha can kara-cancel DP. Her Fwd+HP makes her slide forward, but if you do a DP with the kick, she will cancel into a DP. This happened by accident but it reminded me a lot of SF4 Sagat's Tiger Uppercut, and how he was able to kara cancel tiger uppercut through projectiles was so damn cool in SF4. I decided to leave it there for Iroha.
Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 09:20:48 pm by extravagant
#3  December 25, 2019, 09:17:59 pm
    • Peru
Thank you so much! I´m going to prove them right now!
#4  December 25, 2019, 09:21:30 pm
  • Formerly known as HyperClawManiac
  • Competitive MUGEN when?
    • UK
    • sites.google.com/view/ragingrowen/home
Is she alright?
https://streamable.com/v7fwf

Nevertheless, she seems promising as of now. Her HCB,F,K could do with better sound placement though.
WIP Schedule:
The next Street Fighter All-Stars update
#5  December 25, 2019, 09:27:44 pm
    • USA
Is she alright?
https://streamable.com/v7fwf

Nevertheless, she seems promising as of now.

I'll fix that soon, thanks. Mega fail lol. *face palm* but thank you. And the palette there looks messed up, don't worry, a better CS SFF patch is coming in the future. There SHOULD be a palette inside that fixes her skin tone, I'm not sure if the DEF file is picking it up. Try pressing the LP button to select the palette.

edit: I just updated Irohas download link since her CNS wasn't running properly. it's fixed now, enjoy guys. go out there and get some finest KO's with them. it'll looks mega cool!

Mina Majikina has a bunch of intros vs many people, Iroha will have more intros in the near future.
#6  December 25, 2019, 10:20:20 pm
    • USA
Nice! They're finally released (even though they're not 100% complete). Will be trying them out right now, and Merry Christmas to you as well. :santagoi:
#7  December 28, 2019, 05:20:33 am
    • Peru
Hello.

I found an issue in Iroha, look:

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

She don´t recibe the entire power of Lv3. Super and there is a strange sprite on top of the screen when this happen.
I hope these informartion could help you.
#8  December 29, 2019, 09:58:14 am
    • USA
Hello.

I found an issue in Iroha, look:

She don´t recibe the entire power of Lv3. Super and there is a strange sprite on top of the screen when this happen.
I hope these informartion could help you.

Thank you for bug testing. I was a bit worried how people felt about my characters since no one said anything yet, but seeing this gives me some hope to improve on. I'll look into this. I think maybe one sprite is her fireball, maybe it didn't destroyself properly. As for the shinkuu hadouken lvl 3, I'm not fully understanding the pictures. Can you explain exactly what it is with the blocking?
#9  December 29, 2019, 11:17:29 pm
    • Peru
Hello.

She recive some of the super hits, the hadouken past through her.

DGO

#10  December 30, 2019, 08:34:32 am
    • Chile
Iroha looks and feels good, i know there´s just a beta but there are some isssues that you can improve on a future update, here´s my feedback:

basics:
LK red hitbox is too small or too far, because when you're right next to p2 the hit doesn,t connect. MK is the opposite, can´t reach. Crouching MP animation looks kind of weird, i think is misaligned.

groove specifics:
P: standing parry doesn´t have palfx
S: both dodge attacks hit the same way
N: forward guard cancel freezes Iroha, i think there´s the kind of thing that happens when there's no animation or state for that move.

sorry if i'm been intrusive  in your work, but i love when people make cvs2 characters that wasn´t in the original game, and more when that chars are not another SF / KOF edit.
#11  December 30, 2019, 09:36:37 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Pics please

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:

DGO

#12  December 31, 2019, 03:54:14 am
    • Chile
#13  December 31, 2019, 04:39:56 am
    • USA
Excellent video, thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate the time you took out of your day to address these issues. I will look into it and fix them.
#14  December 31, 2019, 05:51:28 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Mina's CS Preview (looking for suggestions/feedback/anything)

(I lost Iroha's but I'll recreate it once I'm done with Mina :p)
#15  December 31, 2019, 06:20:27 am
    • USA
(I lost Iroha's but I'll recreate it once I'm done with Mina :p)

:) you sent me this a while back on discord!

sorry if i'm been intrusive  in your work, but i love when people make cvs2 characters that wasn´t in the original game, and more when that chars are not another SF / KOF edit.

I am very grateful you enjoy my work and selection of projects. Thank you! Yes, I wanted to do some original stuff, but making CvS2 character is not easy. I'm also not naturally a true creator either, I borrow and steal a lot, and I bother a lot of people for help. I have another WIP coming later, but I am saving it for a surprise. I'm sure people will like it.

I had a lot of fun making these two ladies.

As a side note, here is me using my Mina in battle against mina_KOF with a REALLY cheap AI patch.
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:26:59 am by extravagant
#16  December 31, 2019, 06:42:25 am
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 06:47:11 am by IsRageNeko
#17  January 03, 2020, 08:22:23 pm
  • BRAIIIIINS!!
  • "Khh- Ahahahaha!"
    • Chile
Made these a while ago, hope you like them:
#18  January 03, 2020, 10:14:53 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
I was gonna test your iroha but then I got the error saying that it needs at least 1 trigger for each code:

#19  January 06, 2020, 04:57:29 am
    • USA
Here's a bug I found while playing as Mina. I performed the "B, D, DB, b (medium kick)" command in the air and this happened.

#20  January 08, 2020, 04:35:56 am
    • USA
That's a terrible bug. Thank you for reporting. Will be addressed.