YesNoOk

Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ? (Read 79579 times)

Started by Warner, April 28, 2008, 09:31:53 am

Poll

Share Reu's Evil Homer or not to share it ?

PRIVATE (nobody can have it )
28 (23%)
ONLY IF REQUEST ME by MAIL
9 (7.4%)
SHARE TO EVERYBODY
85 (69.7%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Voting closed: May 03, 2008, 11:48:33 pm

BC

Re: Reu's Evil Homer, share or not to share ?
#21  April 28, 2008, 03:17:21 pm
    • UK
p.s look at the poll on this topic, how many people say share it ;)
Accepting commissions
#22  April 28, 2008, 03:25:11 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
That's because the ratio of leechers are much more than contributors.
#23  April 28, 2008, 03:29:27 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
Kod is right.
There is much more leechers than contributors.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#24  April 28, 2008, 03:43:54 pm
if you paste different sprites on the exact same gameplay of another char, it means it's meant to replace it, reconsider that and get someone to code it for you, otherwise it's far from being a homage as it will be the opposite

and asking people for their opinion to release or not will change nothing, it's obvious, shitloads of leechers will say yes
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#25  April 28, 2008, 04:40:16 pm
Reu's work should not be Edited or updated, They should stay as they are.

Also, calling it Reu's Evil Homer, isn't going to make things better
Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 04:44:06 pm by BigBadMutley

BC

#26  April 28, 2008, 04:45:06 pm
    • UK
well i voted for share the character im no leecher, i hope to make characters to release for the mugen community
Accepting commissions
#27  April 28, 2008, 04:47:08 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
well i voted for share the character im no leecher, i hope to make characters to release for the mugen community
wanting something that is a sprite swap is kinda sorta making you look like a leecher
Shades 2 site:Shades of Manhattan
#28  April 28, 2008, 04:48:05 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I don't care whether or not this character is released. I'm far from Reu's spokesman, and as such won't speak for him. It's your decision. However, don't call it "Reu's Evil Homer". Just call it "Evil Homer".
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#29  April 28, 2008, 04:50:33 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
I don't care whether or not this character is released. I'm far from Reu's spokesman, and as such won't speak for him. It's your decision. However, don't call it "Reu's Evil Homer". Just call it "Evil Homer".
then whats the point of calling it a tribute if no one knows who the origional coder is, i highly doubt many people actually read the readme's except for the move list, so how will people know its a tribute?

BC

#30  April 28, 2008, 04:54:26 pm
    • UK
wanting something that is a sprite swap is kinda sorta making you look like a leecher

i dont care that its a sprite swap lol  having you read the definition of leecher, its "downloading something and not willing to give back to the community."

i want to download this character, and what ill give back is my characters i make.

but now im beginning to think warner is playing off everyone against everyone getting a little publicity and attention

why would he release this topic about wether people think he should release it or not, he didnt ask for his others, ok mayb because he is using reu's code ect but i still think this topic is for causing up a stink
Accepting commissions
#31  April 28, 2008, 04:58:25 pm
  • Aka ShadesTeam/Zeckle
im just saying that wanting something that is the exact same play wise as something else, makes it seem like you want it no matter what, and wanting it no matter what seems leecherish, correct me if im wrong but i think of most people as leechers, there just happens to be 2 kinds of leechers the good kind and the bad kind
#32  April 28, 2008, 04:59:35 pm
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
I'd still rather not have the name of the character be "Reu's Evil Homer". If people can get confused and think HR characters and lifebars only work in HR Mugen because it's simply named "Hi-Res Mugen", then I'm pretty sure having the name "Reu's Evil Homer" will bring about its own confusion. Besides, the title itself doesn't necessarily say it's a tribute. It just looks like Reu made an Evil Homer.

but now im beginning to think warner is playing off everyone against everyone getting a little publicity and attention

why would he release this topic about wether people think he should release it or not, he didnt ask for his others, ok mayb because he is using reu's code ect but i still think this topic is for causing up a stink
There's your answer.

there just happens to be 2 kinds of leechers the good kind and the bad kind

I thought you only saw bad leechers...
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#33  April 28, 2008, 05:12:15 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
@bc07: Pretty much, nobody in their right mind would post in a forum like this "vote to keep this from going private!" and expect a majority to say keep it private, especially given how taboo "private" is.

And I agree with Panzer regarding the name.
#34  April 28, 2008, 06:02:38 pm
  • SNK is life
(Big Eli -> Wario)
(Birdie -> Krusty)
(NGPC Luigi -> Warner's Luigi)
(Iori -> Homer)
LOL if all of that is already out there, why worry about Mambo no. 5?

Not to mention if he released the thing nobody would make much mess about the whole thing, I probably wouldn't even download it, he'd have 6 pages of empty praise (which he always gets) and then the whole thing would be behind us. Here we are, having you make a fool out of yourself (I'm sorry, you are) just proving how right wing you truly are (if there's such a thing as a Mugen Right Wing) and giving more material to people (Sepp) who could actually find the time/motivation to articulate a come back to make you look ridiculuous while most of us already know this and just let you be.
Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 06:15:29 pm by walt
#35  April 28, 2008, 06:04:37 pm
Because in all those other cases, the offended party was still able to speak up and tell Warner to screw off and remove the character the best he could.
#36  April 28, 2008, 06:06:38 pm
  • SNK is life
edit ^
#37  April 28, 2008, 06:37:33 pm
Walt, one thing I learned about you is it's never a big deal for you unless it affects you personally. Case in point: sprite theft where you were indifferent until that one guy years ago, whose head you took clean off.

In all honesty and bullshit aside, this just ends up having the stink of a line being crossed that shouldn't be. It could be something like say a top secret unfinished Flying Nun char by Reu and I'd still be as huffy. And it isn't becuase it's Warner so much as he knows these things will have a mile long list of complications. Basically Warner just goes with "there's no possible way someone can say something against me here and have it stick", and pulls a trojan tribute. I really don't care if Guild's staff doesn't like that take, but it's just probably the lowest in morality I've ever seen anyone in this community go.

I really don't expect this to go anywhere, but I want to make a stance that dammit we're better people than this. Aren't we?

Do me a favor, don't respond to my post. I really don't want to reply more in this sideshow, I'd rather just have my bit of conscience that I said my peace and didn't need to defend it further.
Don't mean to sound rude. Really.
#38  April 28, 2008, 06:47:57 pm
  • SNK is life
[no] need to defend it further.
Thanks.
Last Edit: April 28, 2008, 07:07:37 pm by walt
#39  April 28, 2008, 07:07:15 pm
  • SNK is life
I really don't care if Guild's staff doesn't like that take, but it's just probably the lowest in morality I've ever seen anyone in this community go.
Really? You're overreacting as always. I was just readin in RS Legato's Review about Gohan's spriteswapped Trunks, that really was disgusting and almost insulting... Then there was the guy who made Sander quit and the list goes on.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#40  April 28, 2008, 07:09:54 pm
To me, it's a matter of respect. In the MUGEN community, you can really do whatever the hell you want with whatever you find. You essentially have to police yourself. I have copied and pasted coding, mainly to learn how stuff works, and which code works best. To me, spriting is much harder then coding, and Warner has great skill at spriting, and has put a lot of work into this version of Homer. That being said, if there is one person whose creations should be off limits, it is Reu. He's one of the most multi-talented individuals I have ever run into. He's also the nicest person on the internet I've ever seen. To me, he deserves the respect of having his creations remain as they are. (Which is pretty damn good.) I would like to play Evil Homer, but I'd rather respect the memory of someone who is gone, and who gave a lot to the community. Warner can do what he wants, it won't mean two shits to the real world, and he isn't evil. He just has a different view on this matter then I do. In the end, the only standards in the MUGEN community are the ones you set for yourself.