YesNoOk

BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17) (Read 129795 times)

Started by Takehaya Susanoo, May 14, 2017, 07:45:17 am
Share this topic:
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 21.05.17)
#61  May 22, 2017, 07:06:59 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
Personally after your update, i think his Damage Values are perfect. People asking for nerfs PROBABLY have low damage rosters and think he's too powerful. But i don't think so.

Also, MB characters are known for their combo's, not to mention their ground juggling (I.E: Hitting opponent on the ground to re-launch into the air for more combo's).

I think you've done a superior job Takehaya. No character is perfect, but you've done spectacularly.
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 21.05.17)
#62  May 22, 2017, 07:09:53 pm
Either that or they're someone who likes to have OP characters that are only good for watch mode.
You see them all the time on Youtube when it comes to Mugen.
Eh anyways I agree with Sylveon-Chan you did good for a first character this is great.(This coming from someone who's never made one...heh.)
Edit: Seeing the new comment I can agree with it being an optional mode.
Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:31:00 pm by Memes never die
#63  May 22, 2017, 07:26:23 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Personally after your update, i think his Damage Values are perfect. People asking for nerfs PROBABLY have low damage rosters and think he's too powerful. But i don't think so.

Also, MB characters are known for their combo's, not to mention their ground juggling (I.E: Hitting opponent on the ground to re-launch into the air for more combo's).

I think you've done a superior job Takehaya. No character is perfect, but you've done spectacularly.

I do not think it is because their rosters have characters with low damage. The problem is that MBAC characters have high damage without losing high combo potential and so they end up sticking out like this.

Thanks.
Either that or they're someone who likes to have OP characters that are only good for watch mode.
You see them all the time on Youtube when it comes to Mugen.
Eh anyways I agree with Sylveon-Chan you did good for a first character this is great.(This coming from someone who's never made one...heh.)
Are more balanced characters truly less interesting than OP ones? It would make more sense if it would be more interesting to watch a match where it is hard to tell who will win.

Thanks, but he actually is not my first character. He is the fourth one.
#64  May 22, 2017, 07:29:32 pm
Huh it's your fourth well the more you learn.
I find balanced characters more interesting to play.
Also they're less limited in matchups because they don't curbstomp everyone.
Though by op I also tend to mean those characters that have horribly high damage output, infinites all day every day, instant kill screen filling unblockable attack, flash over substance kinds of characters that people seem to love in the Youtube Mugen community for some dumb reason.
Edit: Aka look at the Element character to see what i'm getting at....he's one of the lower tier op chars.
Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 07:34:04 pm by Memes never die
#65  May 22, 2017, 08:03:17 pm
    • Japan
Huh it's your fourth well the more you learn.
I find balanced characters more interesting to play.
Also they're less limited in matchups because they don't curbstomp everyone.
Though by op I also tend to mean those characters that have horribly high damage output, infinites all day every day, instant kill screen filling unblockable attack, flash over substance kinds of characters that people seem to love in the Youtube Mugen community for some dumb reason.
Edit: Aka look at the Element character to see what i'm getting at....he's one of the lower tier op chars.

I have to agree. I really don't find the appeal of OP characters. Maybe cause their flashy? Idk.

I have some flashy characters in my roster, but their not OP. Im speaking specifically of MichaelArmaros's Touhou characters, and some others. But their damage is balanced and same with their combo's.

Characters like this Susanoo, are perfect. They have very nice effects/sprites and have nice flashyish moves, but are balanced enough to fit into fair rosters.

This Susano'o found himself permanently into my roster. I had no qualm's replacing an existing one with him.
#66  May 23, 2017, 11:27:29 pm
What he wants is something more like an unlimited character.
aka throw balance out the window and make the character flashier and broken.
I dont say make him broken. Im talking of strenghten more his ai. He is the god susanoo, and maybe some option in config will fix the problema. Or maybe a 12 P?
#67  May 24, 2017, 12:15:11 am
    • Japan
I dont say make him broken. Im talking of strenghten more his ai. He is the god susanoo, and maybe some option in config will fix the problema. Or maybe a 12 P?

He may be Susano'o, but he's also a playable/selectable character in the source game as well, and he's not OP. You wanna know who's REALLY OP? Nine. I could see her being a Boss Character in this game. But if people wanna make a God/Boss character actually playable by...well players. Then i'm 1000% for it. God characters are just no fun to play as. You kill things instantly and their effects cover the whole screen.

AI is a different story, but i will never understand why people want extremely tough AI's that are able to do things players can't. Half the time you get your ass beat.
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (MB style) released 14.05.17, last update: 25.05.17 (patch)
#68  May 24, 2017, 11:23:08 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Looks like I have overlooked something. Here is a patch to fix it:

https://www.mediafire.com/?64186dxbclm25k0

-Added extra effects to Dancing Dual Kick
-Fixed OD Strike of the Possessed God resetting hit count during Dancing Dual Kick part, which caused it to deal more damage than it was meant to
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#69  May 25, 2017, 04:00:34 am
Silveon, i know he is playable, but story wise, he is really one of strongest. Defeating jubei and the others is not someting simple. I dont say making him a god who instakill with all but story wise susanoo its godlike in power. I dont like too chars which instakill with all, but a good ai is alwais interesting. After all, its ok because people alwais can decide how hard the ai is in config right?
Re: BlazBlue Susanoo (Melty Blood style) released 14.05.17 (last update: 25.05.17)
#70  May 25, 2017, 10:42:23 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
Silveon, i know he is playable, but story wise, he is really one of strongest. Defeating jubei and the others is not someting simple. I dont say making him a god who instakill with all but story wise susanoo its godlike in power. I dont like too chars which instakill with all, but a good ai is alwais interesting. After all, its ok because people alwais can decide how hard the ai is in config right?

If your wish to witness a god's might is so strong, I can grant it. I was thinking of adding 4-5 options to the config file for the AI. I cannot make it smarter, but I can make it more challenging in the same way Abyss mode did it. Which is, to put it in simple terms, a bunch of baloney.
#71  June 07, 2017, 06:18:30 am
This character is fine in lots of ways other than blood heat HCBF.
If this hits an aerial opponent that cannot air recover all the hits will not register.
If it hits an aerial opponent who can recover the damage gets reset and it kills them.
I feel like the first hit should instantly set the opponent into a grounded state so this doesn't happen or something like that.
#72  June 07, 2017, 10:09:09 pm
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA

He may be Susano'o, but he's also a playable/selectable character in the source game as well, and he's not OP. You wanna know who's REALLY OP? Nine. I could see her being a Boss Character in this game. But if people wanna make a God/Boss character actually playable by...well players. Then i'm 1000% for it. God characters are just no fun to play as. You kill things instantly and their effects cover the whole screen.

AI is a different story, but i will never understand why people want extremely tough AI's that are able to do things players can't. Half the time you get your ass beat.

How is Nine OP?
My hat is a pancake.
#73  June 15, 2017, 07:45:39 pm
    • USA
sorry to bother you but i have a problem with the susanoo for some reason when i download it and open the rar file with win rar all i see is notepads and an act folder so i make it into a folder and i put it into the mugen chars folder then i put it into the select and when i opened the mugen i dont see susanoo
#74  June 16, 2017, 06:01:44 am
  • M.U.G.E.N SHALL NOT DIE!!!
    • USA
Ah, this character is quite fantastic
a great addition to M.U.G.E.N

I can't wait too see more great work
from you

(I'd love to see Terumi >w<)
#75  June 16, 2017, 06:11:53 am
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
This character is fine in lots of ways other than blood heat HCBF.
If this hits an aerial opponent that cannot air recover all the hits will not register.
If it hits an aerial opponent who can recover the damage gets reset and it kills them.
I feel like the first hit should instantly set the opponent into a grounded state so this doesn't happen or something like that.

I haven't encountered this issue. But I have encountered something I should fix. The Liberating Dagger part of it kills the enemy and if you use this attack when too close to the corner, Susanoo cannot reach the enemy until he goes into Hunter's Fang part.
This could work. If I remember correctly, Strike of the Possessed God causes ground bounce on aerial enemies in BlazBlue. I could make an untechable version for this move.

sorry to bother you but i have a problem with the susanoo for some reason when i download it and open the rar file with win rar all i see is notepads and an act folder so i make it into a folder and i put it into the mugen chars folder then i put it into the select and when i opened the mugen i dont see susanoo

There should be .sff, .air, .snd files as well. What was the folder's name?

Ah, this character is quite fantastic
a great addition to M.U.G.E.N

I can't wait too see more great work
from you

(I'd love to see Terumi >w<)

Thanks and I am currently working on him, so, you will see him soon.
#76  June 16, 2017, 06:32:39 am
  • M.U.G.E.N SHALL NOT DIE!!!
    • USA
OH AMAZING ^^

I can't wait!
Only i can wait....XD

Good luck with him
#77  June 27, 2017, 03:11:18 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
I know that I'm late for this but I just picked up this Susano'o. I enjoyed playing him with this MB arrange on him. btw, I play Susano'o in BBCF so playing him in MB arrange is quite a nice change oh phase

After playing him for a bit, I suggest nerfing his A version of Splintering Thrust by making it blockable since it have corner carry combo potential to it while being fast to do too. B version can stay as unblockable since that one comes out slow just like in the source.

Also, Hunter's Fang doesn't fully connect after the first hit.

I'll say more when I find more stuff.
Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 03:15:27 am by krudelu
#78  June 28, 2017, 11:45:10 pm
  • 6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A6A
    • USA
I know that I'm late for this but I just picked up this Susano'o. I enjoyed playing him with this MB arrange on him. btw, I play Susano'o in BBCF so playing him in MB arrange is quite a nice change oh phase

After playing him for a bit, I suggest nerfing his A version of Splintering Thrust by making it blockable since it have corner carry combo potential to it while being fast to do too. B version can stay as unblockable since that one comes out slow just like in the source.

Also, Hunter's Fang doesn't fully connect after the first hit.

I'll say more when I find more stuff.

I could make it more like a mobile 6A (instead of grabbing the enemy, he would simply punch them like he does when he reaches a wall).

I will take a look at it again.

I have just found a really bad oversight. Susanoo can spam EX specials by inputting their commands while using normal specials. This depletes his meter, but he does not actually need to have any meter to do it or even a target as it is supposed to be. AI does not exploit that, but a player can quickly kill the enemy with Liberating Dagger spam.
#79  June 29, 2017, 07:02:16 am
  • (>owo)><(owo<)
Corner carry combos are alright but if the move like A splintering thrust is unblockable while being easier to connect with his combos due to how fast it comes out, it'll allow him to open up their defense way too easy during the blockstring. This is why I suggested it to be blockable. With this, players can use the A version for combo purposes while the B version for the unblockable version but slow to come out. It's alright to keep the A version as it is but make it blockable.
#80  July 23, 2017, 02:44:02 am
  • Manchild who likes pancakes
  • Weeabooism 4 the win
    • USA
For some reason he isn't appearing in my roster.
My hat is a pancake.