YesNoOk

Question about Mishima Bloodline, (Read 793 times)

Started by blake639, September 18, 2011, 09:59:32 pm
Share this topic:
Question about Mishima Bloodline,
#1  September 18, 2011, 09:59:32 pm

Ok, so you have Heihachi Mishima, and his son is Kazuya Mishima, and Kazuya's son (3rd generation) is Jin Kazama.... I've asked someone before why Jin has a different last name, and they told me it was because he took his mother's last name. He never really liked his father or grandfather I don't think... Still that opens up more questions..... maybe it's something to do with Japanese culture? Do they often opt to take their mother's name? Or can women more often opt to keep their maiden name when they marry? How exactly did this work out?
Re: Question about Mishima Bloodline,
#2  September 18, 2011, 10:01:07 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
This isn't about tekken lol
#3  September 18, 2011, 10:04:31 pm
jun gave her last name to jin, here if a couple isn't married and had offspring the mother can choose if she can use her own family name or get a permission from his partner to use his.

jin is not the only mishima that doesn't have bare the mishima name.
#4  September 18, 2011, 10:11:11 pm
It's really not hard. If you know anything about surnames you know that the child takes the last name after the mother, whom only takes after the father if they were wed.

EDIT: And yeah Lars is in the same boat, but I don't like to think of him as a Mishima.
#5  September 19, 2011, 05:22:57 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
when they get married one person gets in the family register of the other person, most of the time the female takes the male'sname, but if the female's family is wealthy/whatever is not rare for the male to take the female's name.
#6  September 25, 2011, 07:47:46 am

Ok, thank you... That makes more since now.